Practicing the presence

Practicing the presence

There are 1 comment on the Redwood Times story from Jan 31, 2012, titled Practicing the presence. In it, Redwood Times reports that:

I shared before that modern science has confirmed regular deep meditation brings lasting benefits for mental functioning, emotional and physical well-being. Buddhists and Hindus have been telling us this for centuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Redwood Times.

Audrey

Chippewa Falls, WI

#1 Feb 2, 2012
Dear Ms. King - I couldn't agree more that meditation is a powerful tool with lasting benefits to all areas of our lives and deep changes are possible with regular practice.

There are studies out there that have documented how groups of people (in this case practicing TM) who meditated together for an extended period of time caused crime rates to lower significantly. If the whole planet could come together in this way - it would be truly astounding.

I've gone the route of learning and practicing TM (regularly now for nearly 10 years) and have found for me it is markedly more powerful that sitting and being with my breath or a particular word. I feel that my TM practice has lead me to that place that Norman Vincent Peale speaks of " a deep, fundamental, powerful relationship of the individual to God whereby one’s whole mind and heart become changed and one receives power [internally] from God... I have seen [it].” I have experienced it and am so very grateful. Thank you for your message!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meditation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 minute chi app (Sep '16) Sep '16 7minchi 1
News Brainwave Entertainment Meditation - the Amazin... (Jun '11) Sep '16 jdii1435142343435... 2
News Waccamaw Library begins a Meditation and Mindfu... (Sep '16) Sep '16 many other victims 1
News Buddhism Meditation, Health and Happiness (Aug '11) May '16 Sheri 21
Twisted neck feeling during meditation. (Dec '11) Feb '14 doc 2
News Scientists probe meditation secrets (Apr '08) Jan '14 Jacquette 24
Meditation and stress relieving for mental health (May '06) Jun '13 Jinnijameson 3
More from around the web