A Tribute to Maureen O'Hara

A Tribute to Maureen O'Hara

There are 3 comments on the Classic Movies story from Aug 18, 2006, titled A Tribute to Maureen O'Hara. In it, Classic Movies reports that:

Maureen O'Hara celebrates her milestone 85th birthday in 2005. She was born in Ranelagh, Ireland, on August 17, 1920, as Maureen FitzSimons, the second oldest child of Charles and Marguerita FitzSimons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Classic Movies.

michelle

AOL

#1 Jan 3, 2007
I think Maureen O'Hara is the greatest actor no matter what.
jackie

Calumet, MI

#2 Mar 10, 2007
One of the best actresses Hollywood ever had. There are thousands of people that claim to be actors now a days, but this woman knew the secret of playing a part and making it feel real. I've cried, and laughed watching her. She brought so much entertainment and happiness into my life. GOD BLESS this beautiful talented woman. Can't say enuf about her. love her, Jackie
Bryan Varnam

Calabash, NC

#3 Mar 15, 2007
Just surfed in and see a couple comments on Ms. O'Hara and I agree. My favorite role that she played which surpases them all is that of Mary Kate Danaher in The Quiet Man. I believe I read some place that it is one of her favorite roles. It has been said that John Ford black balled her and kept her from winning an oscar for the role. Strange as she was one of his favorite actors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maureen O'Hara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cong comes alive in memory of The Quiet Man (Aug '11) Aug '11 Eileen Ballantine... 1
News Maureen O'Hara to receive major honour today (Jul '11) Jul '11 Sandy Bell 1
News Visiting with Santa (Dec '09) Dec '09 Santa Loves Socia... 1
News VIDEO: The Top 10 Sexiest Actresses of All Time (Jun '09) Jun '09 balerick42 1
News List left out movies with real Irish spirit (Mar '09) Mar '09 12 Bars of Fate 8
News Miracle on 34th St. Tonight 8pm (Dec '07) Dec '07 jfciriuewoircewnyu 1
News Hey, Pilgrims: Time to honor the Duke: SouthFlo... (May '07) May '07 MamaBudz 1
More from around the web