Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice

There are 867 comments on the The Age story from Mar 13, 2006, titled Pride and Prejudice. In it, The Age reports that:

Sumptuous version of the novel but not quite definitive. Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Age.

First Prev
of 44
Next Last
Lorri

Lexington, SC

#1 Jun 4, 2006
I disagree with the review. I thought this version of "Pride and Prejudice" had a stronger, magical quality to it. The cinematography was great, the music wonderful and the chemistry between Knightley and Macfadyen was powerful. This is my favorite version so far.
Ellie the insomniac

Endeavour Hills, Australia

#2 Jun 4, 2006
Yes Lorri....i have to agree with you there. With the way JW created the scenes and the photography etc....it really created something new.
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#3 Jun 4, 2006
I have to agree also. It was just so well put together, cast, everything.
Ellie the insomniac

Endeavour Hills, Australia

#4 Jun 4, 2006
Yes... and there is also the fact that they chose the best actor to play Darcy in the world :-))) MM
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#5 Jun 4, 2006
Ellie the insomniac wrote:
Yes... and there is also the fact that they chose the best actor to play Darcy in the world :-))) MM
I soooooo totally agree, even though I had doubts before I saw it. I was like, who the heck is that. They should have used my Hugh. But I'm sooooooooo glad they used my MM.....lol. I really don't think it would have been the same if they would have used anybody else.
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#6 Jun 4, 2006
okay, i just read the interview. No offense to the BBC version, i did like it, but there was aboslutely no fire whatsoever between Darcy and Lizzy in that version. It was more casual. The screen was burning up with MM and KK. I will forever compare any other P&P to them, if there is ever another one made. To me that would be pointless since it has already been done to perfection........lol.
Ellie the insomniac

Endeavour Hills, Australia

#7 Jun 4, 2006
thats right...i think that it needed someone not as known though cause with other well known actors its like "they played the other role like this, so it will be similar this time" etc etc....
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#8 Jun 4, 2006
So, true. I didn't think of it that way. Is he supposed to do another movie soon? One that will come out here? I hope so. I know he likes theater though. But he can always do that. Shoot, Julia Roberts is doing something in theater right now. So, it doesn't matter how big you are........lol.
Ellie the insomniac

Endeavour Hills, Australia

#9 Jun 4, 2006
Death at a Funeral...has been anounced....due out in 2007. Wife also in it :-)))))
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#10 Jun 4, 2006
Well, good, i can't wait.....lol.
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#11 Jun 4, 2006
I have a feeling though that P&P will shove him into stardom whether he wants it or not. There is going to be such a demand for him because of that film. Kind of like Lord of the Rings did for Orlando Bloom.
Ellie the insomniac

Endeavour Hills, Australia

#12 Jun 4, 2006
Paige the cajun wrote:
I have a feeling though that P&P will shove him into stardom whether he wants it or not. There is going to be such a demand for him because of that film. Kind of like Lord of the Rings did for Orlando Bloom.
yes but that doesn't necessarily mean that we'll see more of him.....he can easily say no!!!! hahahahahha lol
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#13 Jun 4, 2006
That's true. I wonder if he'll stay where he is and only do big films every once in a while. I think it's very admirable of him to act because he likes it, not for the fame and fortune. I believe that's what makes him so good. It comes from the heart.
Ellie the insomniac

Endeavour Hills, Australia

#14 Jun 4, 2006
thats what i like also....he seems to be every inch unselfish...
i mean he would like the attention to some degree but he doesn't appear to go looking for it....which is refreshing....
Paige the cajun

Wichita, KS

#15 Jun 4, 2006
yes it is. Another endearing trait.......lol.
stephanie

Canada

#16 Jun 4, 2006
i think this movie was really great!! i would have done nething to 1 live there in that time and 2 to go through something like that and to have him to b the guy!!! but well it's not going 2 happen but yes i agree he is not selfish but it seemed like it n the very begining and he seemed very uptight!! but than again they had 2 b very proper and stuff!! one thing i love best bout him is his eyes there georges!! but to live in that time!! were u can go out w/ really no worry and to have forbidden love and stuff and when u got married it would still be so in love in like 40 years later now in days just 10 years it's not as u want it 2 b it's honey go get me a beer or homey get me this or that and u live so close to people i just think it would b really nice 2 live in the early 1800's
Ellie the insomniac

Melbourne, Australia

#17 Jun 4, 2006
stephanie wrote:
i think this movie was really great!! i would have done nething to 1 live there in that time and 2 to go through something like that and to have him to b the guy!!! but well it's not going 2 happen but yes i agree he is not selfish but it seemed like it n the very begining and he seemed very uptight!! but than again they had 2 b very proper and stuff!! one thing i love best bout him is his eyes there georges!! but to live in that time!! were u can go out w/ really no worry and to have forbidden love and stuff and when u got married it would still be so in love in like 40 years later now in days just 10 years it's not as u want it 2 b it's honey go get me a beer or homey get me this or that and u live so close to people i just think it would b really nice 2 live in the early 1800's
Yes, i would love it also....i have always said it....but it would be much harder...not hot water, electricity....womans heigine must be terrible....

still, i would prefer to live back there though.....
Melissa

Chicago, IL

#18 Jun 5, 2006
Ellie the insomniac wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i would love it also....i have always said it....but it would be much harder...not hot water, electricity....womans heigine must be terrible....
still, i would prefer to live back there though.....
Exactly how I feel, exactly!! I woule love love love to live back in those times but then again, I feel so lost when we lose power or you can't use the water for some reason it makes me realize I am big a wimp and I would NEVER be able make it in those days. However, if you don't know about indoor plumbing and showers then you don't miss it!
Ellie the insomniac

Melbourne, Australia

#19 Jun 5, 2006
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how I feel, exactly!! I woule love love love to live back in those times but then again, I feel so lost when we lose power or you can't use the water for some reason it makes me realize I am big a wimp and I would NEVER be able make it in those days. However, if you don't know about indoor plumbing and showers then you don't miss it!
thats it! i remember the power going out our streets here at about 9:30pm at night....i had a billion of candles but NO MATCHES!!! hahahaha....i was upstairs at the time and you should have seen me crawl on my hands and knees down to the kitchen. It was rather pathetic and i felt very stupid taking so long to get to the kitchen in order to find some matches and then couldn't. Had to knock on next door and get some. Apparently someone hit an electricity pole and therefore yanked out all the power for a couple of streets.

So imagine us if we were transfered back in time and then have to cope with none of the luxuries we have here today and take for granted.
Vintagegal

New Gloucester, ME

#20 Jun 5, 2006
We had a whopper of an ice storm back in the 90s, and we lost power for 5 days--Maine was in a declared state of emergency. We had to depend on bottled water, candles, matches, flashlights/batteries. It was an experience. Going through it, I would have given my right arm for a shower and all the little luxuries, but looking back in retrospect, it was an interesting experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 44
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthew Macfadyen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
matthew macfadyen official website (Dec '06) Jan '17 Diana 99
Do we know anything about MM's younger brother ... (Dec '06) Nov '16 Jamie Macfadyen 31
a very adorable <3 matthew 2016 (Nov '16) Nov '16 christina reid ... 1
christina reid an avid fan (Nov '16) Nov '16 christina reid g... 1
Anyone alive out there?? (Mar '16) Sep '16 nathaly 3
Little Dorrit Ep. 13 (Dec '08) Sep '16 Alicia 16
Christina Reid Great Fan (Dec '15) Dec '15 christina reid Gr... 1
More from around the web