Hasselbeck Suggests Matt Damon Sounds...

Hasselbeck Suggests Matt Damon Sounds Sexist

There are 14 comments on the newsbusters.org story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Hasselbeck Suggests Matt Damon Sounds Sexist. In it, newsbusters.org reports that:

Actor Matt Damon dismissing the Sarah Palin candidacy as a "really bad Disney movie" and "totally absurd," like she was "president" and would face down Vladimir Putin,A drew criticism from Elisabeth Hasselbeck ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at newsbusters.org.

christians

Eugene, OR

#1 Sep 18, 2008
That's because Elisabeth is an idiot.
Lexon Navon

Berkshire, MA

#2 Oct 19, 2008
It was sexist. I'm normally someone who thinks that "feminists" make something out of nothing, but in this case it is pretty hard to deny. He says that she is nothing more than a soccer mom, and of course apparently a "soccer mom" can't take on Putin. Well guess what, she's more than just a mom, even if you don't agree with her positions, and even more then that a mom can be powerful regardless of having ovaries. Shame on your Matt Damon.
GOTV

Dexter, MO

#3 Oct 19, 2008
christians wrote:
agreed!
Jeff M

United States

#4 Oct 19, 2008
christians wrote:
Gee, great argument there! Full of factual logic and intelligence!
if you know

Dexter, MO

#5 Oct 19, 2008
Jeff M wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, great argument there! Full of factual logic and intelligence!
But it sums it all up quite well.
Jeff M

United States

#7 Oct 20, 2008
if you know wrote:
<quoted text>
But it sums it all up quite well.
Once again...no facts or support arguments, just an opinion.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#8 Oct 20, 2008
EH is a hot head w/ a forceful personality she's vain, narrow minded and likes to make a scene... those are facts not opinion but in my opinion she is also going to be single in another yr if she doesn't straighten up and fly right. Arrogance isn't attractive to most ppl.
Jeff M

United States

#9 Oct 20, 2008
outnleftfield wrote:
EH is a hot head w/ a forceful personality she's vain, narrow minded and likes to make a scene... those are facts not opinion but in my opinion she is also going to be single in another yr if she doesn't straighten up and fly right. Arrogance isn't attractive to most ppl.
How can you claim those are facts??? I believe they are facts in your head, and I believe you are telling the truth as you experience it in YOUR HEAD. But there was nothing fact-based about anything you just said. Those are your perceptions and not provable facts.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Texas

#10 Oct 20, 2008
Jeff M wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you claim those are facts??? I believe they are facts in your head, and I believe you are telling the truth as you experience it in YOUR HEAD. But there was nothing fact-based about anything you just said. Those are your perceptions and not provable facts.
Facts are obvious, as you are obviously cruising for an arguemet and trying to insult, intimidate(like EH) any poster who says anything you don't like, can't change them they are what they are.Grow up and be a human instead of a tool. If it bothers her she should look at making a few changes. A little self inventory , new approach to getting her point across , that goes for you too , in my opinion.
You may be currect in saying they are preceived, I'd say on both are parts, but that is a fundemental issue , now isn't it? It's the way of America, get over it or change it, after all I believe other mis-stated facts would be that , Rosie , Obama, and Jane Fonda are terrorist , for that matter that OBL is , after all I doubt they see it that way but your kind do , now as long as you play dirty , I will too.
Wasn't it unpatriotic of the forefathers to revolt, yet I bet you see that as noble,along with nearly exterminating, GENOCIDE of the Native Americans. I'm all over the place intentionally , no patience for a corny debate over it all just didn't like you lipstick bulldogging tactic with the other poster. Felt the need to defend the rest of us.
Joy whooped your chic this morn and then Barb hugged the mutt , she shook from her rage not he cold. She will leave the show , she's brat who will take her toy and go home if she has to share. Watch and wait , if I'm wrong I'll admit it , will you?
BTW I am consistant on here, no flip flopping or hiding anonymously, you cannot say the same. So this will remain one sided you are like a covert plant. We call ya'll trolls. That is an insult to some of us but not the rude attacking unregisturds like yourself.
Jeff M

United States

#11 Oct 20, 2008
outnleftfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are obvious, as you are obviously......That is an insult to some of us but not the rude attacking unregisturds like yourself.
WOW! Holy Cow! You just made a whole mess of false assumptions about me! You don't even know me...at all! But it sounds like you think you do. And this has nothing to do with political affiliation what-so-ever. My arguments have to do with a disturbing trend I see on disussion boards of people spouting off personal opinions as if fact, usually in the form of personal attacks rather than factual points.

The reason that I vehemently defend Elisabeth H is not necessarily because I agree with her, but mainly because I cannot understand the logic that people think she is overbearing and rude when it is usually 4 against 1! Let me say that again....4 democrats against 1 conservative person. To me, the essence of this mismatch is why I defend Elizabeth. Can you imagine sitting at a table everyday with 3 or 4 people who oppose what you believe, and trying to represent your side against them? In addition, Joy BeHar is way worse than Elizabeth, so why don't you say anything bad about her? Is it because she says things in-line with what you already believe, where-as Elizabeth expresses views contrary to what you believe?????

I would, in closing, like to ask you to read back through your statement (particularly the parts about you claiming that I try to insult or intimidate, like EH, any poster who says anything I don't like) and ask yourself if you are any different.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Texas

#12 Oct 20, 2008
Jeff , look you did , otherwise one post would have sufficed. as to what I did , well as I said I was all over intentionally.. thanks for playing ! Use google or go about the old fashioned way, check older posts, I don't enjoy revisiting stale debate but I have said multitudes of bad about Joy and Barb, if I felt they earned it, usually with the imho disclaimer.
I addressed all else you are trying to refute me with and I stand on what I wrote. She needs to try harder not to show her tells and to use decorum not being as mean as she is prone to being, I don't care for her style.
as for your seeking facts,the posters were simply doing what you are now trying to say you were, facts aren't needed here, the show is suffering and the viewers are speaking, she is the one who maybe you too who should consider this, she is a tv personality, if the public doesn't like it ,she can get the axe, like many on the view before her.
news flash this isn't about an election or a court of law it's a review of the characters on a tv show.. HOLY GUACAMOLE

“Texas Rocks!!”

Texas

#13 Oct 20, 2008
Jeff
1 more thing , this for me has to do with the approach, next time maybe you could be a little less crass when replying as such.. or not no biggie, I enjoy posting no matter and well whether the others continue or not I will probably die posting on topix. I certainly hope you will post as well, not trying to quash anyone's rights or fun.
Puhlease

Dexter, MO

#14 Oct 20, 2008
Jeff M wrote:
<quoted text>
I think someone gets a little stiff in the pants over E.H.
Bet you LOVE Anne Coulter to huh?
this is why

Dexter, MO

#15 Oct 20, 2008
Jeff M wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Holy Cow! You just made a whole mess of false assumptions about me! You don't even know me...at all! But it sounds like you think you do. And this has nothing to do with political affiliation what-so-ever. My arguments have to do with a disturbing trend I see on disussion boards of people spouting off personal opinions as if fact, usually in the form of personal attacks rather than factual points.
The reason that I vehemently defend Elisabeth H is not necessarily because I agree with her, but mainly because I cannot understand the logic that people think she is overbearing and rude when it is usually 4 against 1! Let me say that again....4 democrats against 1 conservative person. To me, the essence of this mismatch is why I defend Elizabeth. Can you imagine sitting at a table everyday with 3 or 4 people who oppose what you believe, and trying to represent your side against them? In addition, Joy BeHar is way worse than Elizabeth, so why don't you say anything bad about her? Is it because she says things in-line with what you already believe, where-as Elizabeth expresses views contrary to what you believe?????
I would, in closing, like to ask you to read back through your statement (particularly the parts about you claiming that I try to insult or intimidate, like EH, any poster who says anything I don't like) and ask yourself if you are any different.
I'm not a faithful View watcher, never claim to be, but I have seen enough of EH of my own to come to my own conclusions which really have nothing to do with the fact that she's outnumbered by liberals.
I come to the conclusion that she's an idiot on my own when she sits and cries about what to tell her children about the "N" word and why she can't understand that it's not OK for her to use. HELLO? Anyone with commone sense should be able to answer that question quite easily. My second grader has more sense than she does.
I consider myself almost perfectly in the middle between conservative and liberal so this has nothing to do with that, it's strictly based on the fact that she's, well, lets face it....a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Damon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 88th Oscar nominations - and surprise snubs (Jan '16) Jan '16 global warming 11
News An eyewitness account of Cuba's shocking wretch... (Jun '14) Apr '15 U S MALE 17
News Michael Douglas, Matt Damon to present at Emmys (Sep '13) Sep '13 Eighthman 1
News 'Elysium' inspired by director Neill Blomkamp's... (Jul '13) Aug '13 The Long Beach Ra... 9
News 'Elysium' disappoints more than it excites [Dai... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RedneckBubba 1
News Los Angeles School Diversity Update, by Way of ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dane Thorsen 1
News Atlanta Readers: Win Passes to See ELYSIUM (Aug '13) Aug '13 skittles with cou... 1
More from around the web