Presidential race brings Rudy Giulian...

Presidential race brings Rudy Giuliani, Cindy McCain, Matt Damo...

There are 94 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Presidential race brings Rudy Giuliani, Cindy McCain, Matt Damo.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The first "Oh, he's cute" rang out about a second after Matt Damon started his cheerleading session Sunday to an enthusiastic group of Barack Obama volunteers in Sunrise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
A1ACharles-The Best

West Palm Beach, FL

#95 Oct 27, 2008
Betweenthelines wrote:
Redistribution of Wealth
Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money."
Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence.
When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.
I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more.
At the end of the day, I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn.
I guess Obama's redistribution of wealth is easy to swallow until it happens to you.
Perhaps one day you may even make sense.

The waiter is gonna spit in your food.
Finally the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#96 Oct 27, 2008
Dumb down

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#97 Oct 27, 2008
Betweenthelines wrote:
WHY DID OBAMA GET OVER $100 THOUSAND FROM FANNIE MAE???
OBAMA GAVE A PAYBACK TO FANNIE MAE
Back in 2004, when the Republicans controlled the House, they tried to have a hearing on the threat that the financial mismanagement of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac presented to the U.S. economy. Here’s the video evidence of the Democrats blocking efforts to hold officials accountable. This problem did not get the publicity it deserved in the liberal media, such as the New York Times and the Washington Post. This incredible Congressional video shows Republicans in Congress trying to regulate better Fannie Mae and how the Democrats fought that tooth and nail, even referring to criticism of former chairman Raines as a "lynching".
LOOK AT THE ACTUAL VIDEO:
http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/2008/...
When is the Sun-Sentinel going to write an article about this?? Oh, yeah, it's thy messiah. But they find time to write a wasteful article about Palin's clothes. Dumbing down again.
How sad

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#98 Oct 27, 2008
How sad that people are voting on their emotions and not on the facts. Three months ago, Obama was losing in the polls big time to McCain, but now the economy is struggling, Obama is up in the polls. If these same people voting on their emotions would just do the research, they would see that the economic collapse is due to Frank Barney, Obama, ACORN and a few corrupted Democrats.

Obama is playing with you - do the research, listen carefully before you vote. How can one cut taxes on 95% of Americans without increasing the deficit? How can one plan to expand government with increasing the deficit? He says he will raise taxes on 5% of Americans, but this certainly not be enough to pay for everything he proposes. He claims he will cut the budget by looking at line by line items - but what program will he cut, if any? The math doesn't add up.

McCain will not raise or cut taxes and plans on putting a freeze on government spending to stabilize the economy. Palin has a record of cleaning up government waste and pork belly spending. These two together will make 'a change for the better.'

Wake up America before it's too late!
Homer Simpson

Pompano Beach, FL

#99 Oct 27, 2008
Betweenthelines wrote:
Redistribution of Wealth
Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money."
Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence.
When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.
I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more.
At the end of the day, I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn.
I guess Obama's redistribution of wealth is easy to swallow until it happens to you.
Sorry dude , but you are a total fool. Are you trying to create the illusion that this is your true story ? This made up story has been on the radio 2X already. Typical Repub .. deception !
What

Pompano Beach, FL

#100 Oct 27, 2008
OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT!!!
Wavebaby

New Baltimore, MI

#101 Oct 27, 2008
Since it is so patriotic to pay taxes why don't all the million dollar actors and athletes share the wealth with all of us!!!!!! Oh yeah like they pay taxes - Wesley Snipes anyone????? Obama will not help the economy by raising taxes that is just stupid and it is plain ignorant to think that it is Bush's fault that the economy is where it is today. It is every greedy American who spends all their money and then can't pay their bills. They have to stop living a millionaire lifestyle on a McDonald's salary!!!!!
Some facts for all to see

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#102 Oct 27, 2008
in reality

Lake Worth, FL

#104 Oct 28, 2008
You said "wasteful article about Palin's clothes", but you should have said "article about Palin's wasteful clothes...."
Dumb down wrote:
<quoted text>
When is the Sun-Sentinel going to write an article about this?? Oh, yeah, it's thy messiah. But they find time to write a wasteful article about Palin's clothes. Dumbing down again.
in reality

Lake Worth, FL

#105 Oct 28, 2008
You are just plain UNintelligent. Just about every line in your post is nonsensical. You have no clue..... How can you blame everything on the democrats and then ACTUALLY think that the republicans will do anything positive for the economy or the average American? I assume that your logic can only be attributed to the fact that you wore a large, conical hat in elementary school!?!
How sad wrote:
How sad that people are voting on their emotions and not on the facts. Three months ago, Obama was losing in the polls big time to McCain, but now the economy is struggling, Obama is up in the polls. If these same people voting on their emotions would just do the research, they would see that the economic collapse is due to Frank Barney, Obama, ACORN and a few corrupted Democrats.
Obama is playing with you - do the research, listen carefully before you vote. How can one cut taxes on 95% of Americans without increasing the deficit? How can one plan to expand government with increasing the deficit? He says he will raise taxes on 5% of Americans, but this certainly not be enough to pay for everything he proposes. He claims he will cut the budget by looking at line by line items - but what program will he cut, if any? The math doesn't add up.
McCain will not raise or cut taxes and plans on putting a freeze on government spending to stabilize the economy. Palin has a record of cleaning up government waste and pork belly spending. These two together will make 'a change for the better.'
Wake up America before it's too late!
Whatever

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#106 Oct 28, 2008
Palin is a waste.
in reality wrote:
You said "wasteful article about Palin's clothes", but you should have said "article about Palin's wasteful clothes...."
<quoted text>
joe lane

United States

#107 Oct 29, 2008
Frank

Palm Coast, FL

#108 Oct 29, 2008
Nice scam by the Obama campaign - they are accepting prepaid cash cards that can be bought by anyone at a drugstore or supermarket. They can't be traced -- so who is buying the United States of America? Our own technology is being used against us just as it was on September 11, 2001.

Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations
Contributions Reviewed After Deposits
By Matthew Mosk
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 29, 2008; A02

Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign is allowing donors to use largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity, campaign officials confirmed.
Faced with a huge influx of donations over the Internet, the campaign has also chosen not to use basic security measures to prevent potentially illegal or anonymous contributions from flowing into its accounts, aides acknowledged. Instead, the campaign is scrutinizing its books for improper donations after the money has been deposited.

The Obama organization said its extensive review has ensured that the campaign has refunded any improper contributions, and noted that Federal Election Commission rules do not require front-end screening of donations.

In recent weeks, questionable contributions have created headaches for Obama's accounting team as it has tried to explain why campaign finance filings have included itemized donations from individuals using fake names, such as Es Esh or Doodad Pro. Those revelations prompted conservative bloggers to further test Obama's finance vetting by giving money using the kind of prepaid cards that can be bought at a drugstore and cannot be traced to a donor.

The problem with such cards, campaign finance lawyers said, is that they make it impossible to tell whether foreign nationals, donors who have exceeded the limits, government contractors or others who are barred from giving to a federal campaign are making contributions.

"They have opened the floodgates to all this money coming in," said Sean Cairncross, chief counsel to the Republican National Committee. "I think they've made the determination that whatever money they have to refund on the back end doesn't outweigh the benefit of taking all this money upfront."

The Obama campaign has shattered presidential fundraising records, in part by capitalizing on the ease of online giving. Of the $150 million the senator from Illinois raised in September, nearly $100 million came in over the Internet.

The rest of the article is at the link below:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Wavebaby

New Baltimore, MI

#109 Oct 29, 2008
Interesting contribution, Frank. The last time terrorists trained in the great United States (for the 9/11 attacks) was when the cheater Clinton was President. And he is a democrat. Of course the radicals would love another democrat in the White house, because the dems don't care about protecting the citizens all they want to do is redistribute the wealth. Why doesn't Obama share his $150 million winfall!!!!!!!!
9/11 Never forget!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Damon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 88th Oscar nominations - and surprise snubs (Jan '16) Jan '16 global warming 11
News An eyewitness account of Cuba's shocking wretch... (Jun '14) Apr '15 U S MALE 17
News Michael Douglas, Matt Damon to present at Emmys (Sep '13) Sep '13 Eighthman 1
News 'Elysium' inspired by director Neill Blomkamp's... (Jul '13) Aug '13 The Long Beach Ra... 9
News 'Elysium' disappoints more than it excites [Dai... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RedneckBubba 1
News Los Angeles School Diversity Update, by Way of ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dane Thorsen 1
News Atlanta Readers: Win Passes to See ELYSIUM (Aug '13) Aug '13 skittles with cou... 1
More from around the web