Matt Damon gets political in documentary

Matt Damon gets political in documentary

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Matt Damon gets political in documentary. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

How does Matt Damon make reciting the Declaration of Independence exciting? "You just read it," says the actor-writer-producer. "Seriously. It is an incredible document.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 30, 2009
[from the article]
One political topic Damon is avoiding is Sarah Palin. Damon drew headlines last September when he told the Associated Press during an interview that the Republican vice presidential candidacy was like "a bad Disney movie."

He drew more headlines for credulously repeating as facts Internet apocrypha attributed to Palin: http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/newsquot...
Gumby

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 30, 2009
This ought to be interesting. How are they going to reconcile the Declaration, which mentions God four times, for example, with Zinn's left-wing tome?

I'm guessing the documentary will be more like a crockumentary.
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 30, 2009
Gumby wrote:
This ought to be interesting. How are they going to reconcile the Declaration, which mentions God four times, for example, with Zinn's left-wing tome?
I'm guessing the documentary will be more like a crockumentary.
Damon's recent tempering of his intemperate (myth-based) remarks about Palin in '08 may indicate he's figured it's not such a hot idea to alienate millions of potential viewers of his next Bourne movie. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000354/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Damon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 88th Oscar nominations - and surprise snubs (Jan '16) Jan '16 global warming 11
News An eyewitness account of Cuba's shocking wretch... (Jun '14) Apr '15 U S MALE 17
News Michael Douglas, Matt Damon to present at Emmys (Sep '13) Sep '13 Eighthman 1
News 'Elysium' inspired by director Neill Blomkamp's... (Jul '13) Aug '13 The Long Beach Ra... 9
News 'Elysium' disappoints more than it excites [Dai... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RedneckBubba 1
News Los Angeles School Diversity Update, by Way of ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dane Thorsen 1
News Atlanta Readers: Win Passes to See ELYSIUM (Aug '13) Aug '13 skittles with cou... 1
More from around the web