Sears to expand Jaclyn Smith clothing...

Sears to expand Jaclyn Smith clothing line

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 20, 2008, titled Sears to expand Jaclyn Smith clothing line. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Sears Holdings Corp. is expanding its Jaclyn Smith clothing line at Kmart to include bed and bath fashions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Joe

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 20, 2008
It's amazing that America equates celebrities with designers.

Do you really think Donald Trump is a designer? Or Jessica Simpson? Or Sarah Jessica Parker...Britney Spears...???

Macy's apparently thinks so.
Jessica

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2008
Does Jaclyn Smith know about this? Or are they just using her name?
Mac

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Aug 21, 2008
I agree that it's amazing that people need a name on their clothing. Whether it be a celebrity, a fake designer name like Grant Thomas at Lord & Taylor (who is Grant Thomas?), or even a "real designer" name.

Up until the 1970s & 1980s most clothing either bore the store's label or manufacturer's label. The same sweat shops in asia sew garments for all different retailers from Wal-Mart to Neiman-Marcus.

I remember buying dress shirts that simply said Gimbels or Lord & Taylor on the collar. It really is just about the garment, not someone's name.
hitch

Dee Why, Australia

#4 Dec 5, 2008
Its great to know that Jaclyn Smith's fashion collection is still doing great. I love her ideas and style. She's got class and her collection offers a "real" dress for real women. Something you can really wear...

Some people can be label concious but for &***sake, everything is made in China now a days!.. even those high end designer stuff are being made from those sweat shops in china!
Jane

Elmwood Park, IL

#5 Dec 5, 2008
Jessica wrote:
Does Jaclyn Smith know about this? Or are they just using her name?
I am not sure if you are kidding or not, so I will take the high road and answer nicely. Yes. She knows. And she is making lots of money off it. She was out at the Sears Corporate Center not too long ago for the big kick off. She is their replacement for Martha Stewart who used to be their big name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martha Stewart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The weird high magic of "Martha & Snoop's Potlu... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Geezer 6
Martha new book (Sep '15) Sep '15 Sally 1
News Martha Stewart smoked weed with Snoop Dog becau... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Awesome Blossom 1
News Outdoor entertaining: Upscale party in your bac... (Jun '11) Sep '14 polof 3
News Sandusky Trial: TV Legal Analyst Beth Karas Say... (Jun '12) Jul '14 dutfan 2
News Entertaining guru Martha Stewart to sign books ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Judy 1
News Martha Stewart talks about sex (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dennis 1
More from around the web