Coma Black and Coma White?
x__Kemical Kay

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Jul 27, 2008
I'm a new fan of Marylin Manson, so don't call me stupid for not knowing this or something.

I was wondering if there was a story with the two songs Coma Black and Coma White. Is there? If so... do tell...=]
JokesOnYou

India

#4 Aug 9, 2008
I don't think there is any real link between the songs, but the song Coma White is referring to a character in Mansons unpublished novel Holy Wood.
The song Coma Black seems to be completely different in my opinion.
bar

Burleson, TX

#5 Aug 13, 2008
marilyn manson is a freahizoid!!!!
manson4god

Petersfield, UK

#6 Aug 13, 2008
sssup if anyone wants to talk bout music or manson add me... willyc91@hotmail.co.uk
Kate

Martinsburg, WV

#7 Sep 13, 2008
The songs tie in with Manson's story, a three part tale that is told through his albums Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holywood. The story is about Manson's alter-egos and how they're treated. Yadda yadda, yadda. You asked about these songs. Coma is supposed to be the girl that Manson is in love with.
In order to understand the story you have to listen to the CDs in reverse order. In Coma Black [Holywood] he says, "This was never my world. You took the angel away. I killed myself to make everybody pay." He sings about the world taking away his love, probably because its such a cruel place. He also says that she is the only thing that he could ever love in that dying world.
In Coma White [Mechanical Animals]he sings, "You were from a perfect world, a world that threw me away today - today - today, to run away. A pill to make you numb, a pill to make you dumb, a pill to make you anybody else, but all the drugs in this world won't save her from herself." The world is so cruel to Coma that she kills herself thus leaving Omega [Manson] alone.
This brings us to Antichrist Superstar and the song Tourniquet. He builds himself a perfect partner. "She's made of hair and bone and little teeth. Things that cannot speak." However, as he said, Coma was the only thing that he could love. "I wrapped our love in all this foil. Silver tight like spider legs. I never wanted it to ever spoil, but flies will lay their eggs." So the woman he makes for himself is imperfect, he has no one to love, and he rises to become the anti-christ that this world turned him into because during Holywood he was innocent and naive.
Manson = Genius
bobajob

UK

#8 Nov 9, 2008
just have taken alot of effort to talk such nonsense
Kate wrote:
The songs tie in with Manson's story, a three part tale that is told through his albums Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holywood. The story is about Manson's alter-egos and how they're treated. Yadda yadda, yadda. You asked about these songs. Coma is supposed to be the girl that Manson is in love with.
In order to understand the story you have to listen to the CDs in reverse order. In Coma Black [Holywood] he says, "This was never my world. You took the angel away. I killed myself to make everybody pay." He sings about the world taking away his love, probably because its such a cruel place. He also says that she is the only thing that he could ever love in that dying world.
In Coma White [Mechanical Animals]he sings, "You were from a perfect world, a world that threw me away today - today - today, to run away. A pill to make you numb, a pill to make you dumb, a pill to make you anybody else, but all the drugs in this world won't save her from herself." The world is so cruel to Coma that she kills herself thus leaving Omega [Manson] alone.
This brings us to Antichrist Superstar and the song Tourniquet. He builds himself a perfect partner. "She's made of hair and bone and little teeth. Things that cannot speak." However, as he said, Coma was the only thing that he could love. "I wrapped our love in all this foil. Silver tight like spider legs. I never wanted it to ever spoil, but flies will lay their eggs." So the woman he makes for himself is imperfect, he has no one to love, and he rises to become the anti-christ that this world turned him into because during Holywood he was innocent and naive.
Manson = Genius

Since: Dec 08

Makati, Philippines

#9 Dec 18, 2008
marilyn manson IS NOT a freahizoid?

Makati, Philippines

#10 Dec 18, 2008
I agree with you pal.

Makati, Philippines

#11 Dec 18, 2008
MM is execeptional! He can't be easily categorized!
Let Freedom Reign

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 1, 2009
MM is a true genius and deserves every penny he has ever got from being MM.
I am also Kate

Huntingdon, UK

#13 Mar 1, 2009
:O Wow you knowa lot about this then!
By the way. Kate = Best name ever!
Kate wrote:
Manson = Genius
Manson For President! ;)
who cares

Deltona, FL

#14 Sep 25, 2009
I bet coma white was an idea he got from someone he wanted but every time he pranced his soul-less ass around picking a fight with her like evil men do, she would get upset and probably have to take strong pain killers just to get rid of the migraine and gave her a coma-like endorphin filled sleep in which he could not torment her mind during... the cold white light of tears, pain and painkillers... just like endorphins do. Coma-White.... so he writes the stupid song after some drama incident with someone he hoped to keep but the line should have gone "but all the drugs in the world won't save her from me and my stupid bullshit" Of course he blames it all on her as he mentally showers her with his so called love (envious hateful possession) while she sleeps. He ties this in with all the other animate things he's put his cock into including those who who just want a piece of something and then there is him in his little world of self pity where everyone is so cruel and he integrates this into his "personalities".... None of it makes sense. It's just rambling on about his own self-deluded so called "genius" and how he figures it out and puts the pieces together in an uber-cryptic way. Like all of the sudden not making sense is perfectly logical. It means NOTHING. It's just about a girl who was unfortunate enough to get involved with him but smart enough to start shutting his clown-like ass out of her mind by ignoring him, not giving him a fight and walking out of his life. It's not about some druggie who he loved because a druggie is not "status" enough for his superficial convoluted ass. It was just him being dramatic- after already being dramatic. Typical Manson, and he is no genius. He had decent band members and got lucky, his insanity locked into it and he took the reigns even though they never should have been his to solely prance around about and that is why the music sucks now, because he is an egotistical, megalomaniacal, attention seeking whore-man who he thinks he is smart but is one of the dumbest most fake people I have ever heard talk. He may not be the real antichrist but the fact that people like him rise to fortune and fame is absolute proof that the devil exist.
Nic

Forest Hills, NY

#15 Oct 6, 2009
x__Kemical Kay wrote:
I'm a new fan of Marylin Manson, so don't call me stupid for not knowing this or something.
I was wondering if there was a story with the two songs Coma Black and Coma White. Is there? If so... do tell...=]

dont know if you still wanna know this but Coma Black and White are the same girl, in a sense anyway, if you listen to the albums in order (yes there is an order) then it makes sense, Manson created a character called Adam Kadmon who in Holy Wood is part of a reject town in the Valley of Death, he leads them on a revolution to take out the Celebrity faction in Holy Wood, only for his reject band to become the thing they worked to get rid of, during this story he falls in love with the girl Coma. in the end of Holy Wood Adam presumably kills himself. then Mechanical Animals starts. and the same person Adam (who is an alien at this point) gets taken and turned into a rock star Omega, who falls in love with Coma, in the MA story there is a minor character Alpha who is the opposite of Omega(presumably the other half, like a muliple personality thing) but in the end of Omega journey he ends up becoming a mindless rockstar that they turned him into. Then Antichrist starts and this time The Worm (Adam as well) goes from being an abusied child and nobody to The Disitegrator and destroyer of the world, im sure theres a chronological way to listen to all three albums at one to wear it makes sense a bit more but Coma to me anyway is a girl he falls in love with and during the Holy wood thing she is sad and depressed and MA she is more robotic and mindless just like Omega turned out to be/ mind you this is my interpretation of it. go with what you will lol
Iggy Fish

Muscat, Oman

#16 Oct 15, 2009
u guyz are so fukd[the ones who r posting long shit abt dese songs]...i dont care abt those who call him shit, bcuz his intention is to affct us who see through the most blatant aspects of wat he does n see in his music, a political, emotional, intelligent[and so much] artist.
for u guys who are manson fans but typd shit abt the 2 comas, man jz go see nachtkabarett. com...its the best site for manson and really portrays more than i could ever wanna say about his music...not music...its much more.
even songs lyk little horn have AN OCEAN of meanin in them...as f the comas, try to see beyond the words, if ur too dumb, see nachtkabarett. hail nick kushner for givin us nachtkabarett!
MUSIQ

Wuxi, China

#17 Sep 11, 2010
stupid is u
Systemkiller

Kansas City, MO

#18 Oct 9, 2013
wow that was the most beautiful and perfect explanation. I never saw it coming. I cant believe it. the story is so perfectly blatantly obvious to me now. thank you so much.
Devon

London, UK

#19 Dec 18, 2013
bar wrote:
marilyn manson is a freahizoid!!!!
What is a " freahizoid " . I thought it was freaKazoid
Yup

Pasadena, TX

#20 Sep 20, 2014
Have any of y'all heard of a woman called coma white on google+? She posts video of MM and talks about there relationship, apparently to her coma white and coma black was written about her, she talks about having a son with MM, and that they were together in college, she talks about the interviews that were hidden messages to her, and his concerts were purely him being upset and throwing a tantrum over her. Seriously guys go check her out. It's crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marilyn Manson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marilyn Manson at the SOEC (Dec '14) Dec '14 Jezabel 1
20000 letters. . pmt. . old milk parmalat (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANDREW REEVES 1
twiggy ramirez or tim skold? (Feb '08) Jun '13 Melody 10
News Marilyn Manson & Alice Cooper kick off 'Masters... (May '13) May '13 Phil the Grillmaster 1
Marilyn Manson nude (Aug '11) May '13 anirban 4
MAriyln mansons home address (Jun '06) Apr '13 mrs 42
News Wedding bells for Marilyn Manson, Evan Rachel W... (Jan '10) Apr '13 Leslee 3
More from around the web