Marcia Cross lobbies for breast cance...

Marcia Cross lobbies for breast cancer bill

There are 1 comment on the Baltimore Sun story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Marcia Cross lobbies for breast cancer bill. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Actress Marcia Cross says she has next to nothing in common with her Desperate Housewives character, Bree Van de Kamp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Ransomville, NY

#1 Feb 8, 2008
I would absolutely support legislation to require, at the very least, an over night stay with a mastectomy. I had one almost two years ago and in NY state you are kept over night. Because of complications I ended up staying 3 nights. The odd thing is that, the next morning, after developing a hematoma that worried my surgeon, a resident came in and told me I was going home that morning. I told him of my situation and he got up and left without saying another word. A classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. I have found this to be the case in more than one instance as I go through the cancer process!!! I just ran into it at the radiation center where I am being treated for a second cancer. I was given a consent form to sign AFTER going through the humiliating prep work required before one begins radiation treatment. All I was put through was in the consent, which was never gone over with me, before hand. There are lots of areas in the cancer industry that need fixing. We need to be treated as a whole person, not just a body part!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcia Cross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News May 6 2012 TV worth watching: 'Once Upon A Time... (May '12) May '12 Really KMBC 1
News 'Witch's Lament' saddens Desperate Housewives :... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Come on 1
News 'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Tom Cheats On Lyn... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Hannellene 1
Marcia Cross nude - pics and videos (Mar '11) Mar '11 Nina 1
News Vanessa Williams Housewives New Star (Sep '10) Sep '10 Teri Hatcher Nude 1
News Marcia Cross and her twins enjoy day at the bea... (Jun '10) Jun '10 JMT 1
News TV Ratings: Viewers select CBS Sunday - 'Desper... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Rena Moretti 16
More from around the web