Night of drinking gave birth to Neon Desert Festival idea

Full story: El Paso Times

Joe Madrid of El Paso Tents and Events sets up the roof of one of the 17 tents erected for the Neon Desert Music Festival.
Comments
1 - 20 of 57 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Borrachos

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

go support these drunkies if you like, I won't!
Mejicano

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

A great idea hatched during a drunkard spree, what an inspirational message.

This is precisely what our city needs and our city leaders espouse, downtown revialization.

It will be interesting how many DWI arrests will take place on this evening. MADD must be elated with this event.

Viva La Sober Raza!
Rush

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Judged:

All of El Paso will be there for Rush in June. Alex, Geddy, and Neil.
Radcon

Richmond, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

QQ haters. QQ
KLAQ

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

no one is talking about the KLAQ.
here

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

See ya ALL there.
So What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Lots of long nights of drinking gave "birth" to a lot of cool ideas of my own but you don't see me bragging about it in the EPT, do you?
Yummy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Stupid headline...
Student

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

More proof that in El Paso you can do anything if you know the right people. If only Jim Paul was my uncle and I knew Woody Hunt, I could get city council to give me $20K next time I get drunk and come up with a good idea!
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

night under the influence gave these drunkies an idea... WoW! what a great way to promote this event, this will definitely not help them but hurt them instead. nice el paso times, way to ruin it like always!
Juan

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Is this what downtown development all about. Not a good image for our youth that our City council is putting up tax money too promote getting drunk downtown. It goes along with some of the city council promoting smoking mariguana. Is the Times going to publish the hidden costs involved, such as trash pick-up, police overtime, use of public space, emergency units. Is this what the city calls economic development? Maybe they should consult someone besides the Hunt Corp. and Friends.
hugo stiglitz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Rush wrote:
All of El Paso will be there for Rush in June. Alex, Geddy, and Neil.
Whose the eff is rush? If the person who posted this is over 35 yrs of age, dont bother commenting back cuz your old opinion means nothing to me.
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Truth is a lot of great ideas are born while in the presence of alcohol. I think its great and honest. This show is for an entirely different demographic than what El Paso usually caters for.

This isn't for you 40+ yr old El Paso losers who never made much of yourselves and still listen to the same crappy bands from the 80's. Music never evolved for your group for whatever reason.

This is for another group that wont be on their couch today drinking a tall boy talking about how awesome los lonely boys or Rush are.
Ese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Wow. Typical el paso. Get ready for a bunch of drunk, fat, bald mexicans stinking up an already trashy downtown. This is what passes as quality family entertainment? People, these are some of your tax dollars at work. How pathetic. The best thing to do is not to patronize the sponsors of this cheesy event. Send a message that you want quality events that promote drunkedness. One thing I will say, if a family member gets injured by a drunk due to this event, guess who I am coming after? See you sponsors in court.
Ese

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Btw, I wonder if mayor crook and his miniions will take their kids there. After all, Dj Sex Party and Bull.... will be ppart of the line up. Very classy.
What did you expect

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Bean dips come up with their best ideas when they are drunk. Kill one another in automobile accidents while drunk. Beat their wife's faces in while drunk. Steal beer while drunk to get even more drunk to do even more awesome things than previously listed. What could go wrong with 10k drunk bean dips and G.I.'s? I'm going just to watch Sancho whoop some cracker butt. Do not dissapoint me Juan.
pocoyo

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Wow!!!! I was right, there will be neon jello shots. And hey ESE you need to stop your mental racial distortion of who is going to trash downtown today. this was put together by the children of some of el paso's elite families. Fat,bald mexicans don't have 35 buck to get in and even if they did they would not be able to pay 8 dollars for a beer and 5 dollars for a turkey leg. And let me remind all you under 35 year olds that if it was'nt for us over 40 people you all would even be walking the earth. Oh by the way, donating a portion of the proceeds to a non-profit organizations is a typical way for promoters to get special circumstance in the way they account for the money made on the event. Memo to Mayor cook: We want our 20,000.00 back.
Just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

And some of the proceeds go to "Amor por Juarez". They're stoopid if they think I'm gonna support that krap.
Joe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Great thing about this festival is it being the last. El Paso is known for supporting crappy events and this one is no different. Unfortunately, not enough people care for crap like this.
Yummy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Wow, so much hate.

W.T.F. is wrong with you people?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Madrid Discussions

Search the Madrid Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Potsdam chocolate shop moving to Norwood Jun '14 Chocolate 10
The Best Torero Feb '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
Utility rates increase for New Madrid residents (Jan '11) Jan '11 wow 2
Recorder retires (Jan '11) Jan '11 New Madrid Fault 2
Third-class designation saves New Madrida SCoun... (Jan '11) Jan '11 New Madrid Fault 2
Top Stories 2010, #2: Country Crossing closed m... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Senatesnores 1
Night patrol busts illegal hunters (Nov '10) Nov '10 Deer Hunter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••