Madonna vs Diana Ross .........Who's ...

Madonna vs Diana Ross .........Who's more usccessful

Posted in the Madonna Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joy

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2007
Madonna has 12 usa number ones
Diana has 12 with the supremes and 6 alone making her the most charted female 18
Both are golden globe winning actresses
Both have had Academy Award nominees
Both were in the guinness book of world records for being the most successful female
both have had sold out concerts
both have been named the most successful fmelae artist in the UK in their generations of music
both are from the same city
who do you think is the best??????????
Khosrow

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#2 Jul 29, 2007
I don’t have enough time to compare every tom, dik and harry to Madonna. The fact of the matter is that Madonna is the queen of the planet. So there is no point in even discussing or comparing anyone to her.

Diana is good too. But MADONNA is fabulous.
jordan

Rothienorman, UK

#3 Oct 9, 2007
I agree madonna is awsome
but diana was good=)
josie

Japan

#4 Oct 9, 2007
Diana is just a singer though. She has never written a song. Her videos and concerts have no concepts. She was nothing more than a puppet of her record company. Madonna however has always been in complete control. Madonna is an artist. There is no comparison.
Hajee

Jamaica, NY

#5 Feb 27, 2009
Diana Ross is the original diva!!! Madonna copied alot of her ideas from Diana. Miss Ross is the ultimate Queen.
raham

Manchester, UK

#6 Mar 27, 2009
if madonna is the queen of pop then miss ross is the empress and they are bigger than queens,madonna is fake all about image without any substance,shes also a pathetic singer,miss ross never lowered her standards by using sleaze and sex,she has class a real lady,madonna is just a tramp.
Carlos

Miami Beach, FL

#7 May 28, 2010
Love Madonna but Diana Ross is the #1 Top DIva
Chris

United States

#8 May 28, 2010
Carlos wrote:
Love Madonna but Diana Ross is the #1 Top DIva
Do you have an Oedipus complex?
ivan

Rwanda

#9 May 31, 2010
OMG,Madonna is uncomparable
Don

AOL

#10 Jul 14, 2010
Madonna is a great chameleon, and has invented herself a dozen times. If you were Diana Ross, is there much need for reinvention? She still looks great and at a concet at Christmas in Orange County, CA, It was my birthday and my date, who grew up in Detroit, took me as she said she'd always wanted to see her. She my date said she lived in the same building as Diana and all she said she could remember the door man saying is, "You just missed her!"

Both are originals, but Diana, who should have won Best Actress for Lady Singls the Blues, may remembered as being more important. Madonna is the forerunner of Britney Spears, and Beyonce is Diana's successor. At least Beyonce was correctly cast in Dreamgirls althouth the story line was bogus. There's no way that Florence Ballard would ever have created the hurricane of interst that Diana Ross created! She was the biggest thing going for two decades! They should construct a thirty foot statue of Diana in a traffic circle in Detroit and another of Marilyn in the famous subway vent pose somewhere in LA. I'm not convinced Madonna is at the same level. It's an interesting comparison, I guess, but Diana Ross is and was ... Diana Ross! From Supremes to disco to film even Madonna is so eternal. Oh, and by the way, Diana Ross was much better looking, much sexier without having to grovel. Find some early dances with Diana on You Tube, she had it, too, dance wise! And she's more interesting vocally. Madonna had good songs, but not iconically so! Britney's more memorable, no? Just my thoughts.
jack

Bournemouth, UK

#11 Sep 22, 2010
madonna is a pathetic has been who cant sing,shes even bad at lyp synching,now miss ross well what can i say a true legend who did not need mtv or demean herself as a slut to get famous she had the talent,i feel sorry for madonna fans who have been taken in by that fraud because thats what she is a fraud she stole from everybody she is downright cheap.
brianna

Castro Valley, CA

#12 Dec 2, 2010
I agree with what someone said above. I love both of these ladies, but no matter what names you call her (Madonna), or whatever you have against her, you can't take away the fact that Madonna is an artist and Miss Ross is just a singer. And I'd take an artist over a singer any day. Diana never wrote a song in her life, and has never been in touch with her own music. The REAL artists are the people around her in the recording process: the musicians, the writers, the composers, the producers, ect. Madonna, on the other hand, has always been involved in her work. Producing, writing her own stuff, she's always in charge of her of the creative process over her image and everything she does. She's not the greatest singer, but she's one hell of an entertainer and an artist in her own right.
Jimmy

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2010
Both very successful Women. Why we have to compare the two instead of praising both of them, I don't know? Anyway, "gun to head" or No "gun to head" I would definately choose Madonna. She is the Queen.
physique

Kingston, PA

#14 Sep 18, 2011
diana dionne an darehta are all the real divas......
RockStar13

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 13, 2011
I love both Diana Ross and Madonna equally. Madonna has often stated in many interviews that she was inspired by Diana Ross.

Diana Ross has made it possible for people like Madonna to be successful so I think DIANA ROSS is by far the trail blazer here. Diana Ross is alot more than just a singer, she was also a performance artist in here earlier concerts much like Madonna is today just on a larger scale. Diana Ross is also a much better actress than Madonna.

But again "BOTH" women are my favorites and i wish they would team up and do something together. Diana Ross has been successful for 50 years now, and Madonna almost 30. So Madonna has to still be around and selling out another 20 years before we can truly compare her to the real QUEEN MISS ROSS!
Madge

Karlsruhe, Germany

#16 Mar 31, 2012
Madonna is the Queen of pop
Great dancer
her own vocal style
Sexier than Diana ross
much beautifuler
Funny,great artist Queen of reinvention
first lady of pop
300 million recors sold worldwide.
Diana is also great but not like Madonna
kevan

Horsham, UK

#17 Apr 8, 2012
how can you compare filet mignon with a big mac,diana miss ross to you always had that incredible unique voice while madonna cant sing her voice is pathetic,miss ross can command a stage with just a microphone while madonna needs pyro technics and lots of dancers because of her lack of vocal prowess,miss diana ross always had oozes of class and mystique while madonna acted like a cheap tramp and would kill for a headline,diana ross is a true music icon and trailblazer who did it in the raw,while madonna did it with hype and the power of mtv,diana ross has an incredible back catalogue of some of the greatest popular music ever recorded,i could go on but im even boring myself,so if you want class id advice you to listen to miss ross and if you want bubble gum pop then id advice madonna or even britney,the truth is out there.
Madge

Mannheim, Germany

#18 Apr 11, 2012
kevan wrote:
how can you compare filet mignon with a big mac,diana miss ross to you always had that incredible unique voice while madonna cant sing her voice is pathetic,miss ross can command a stage with just a microphone while madonna needs pyro technics and lots of dancers because of her lack of vocal prowess,miss diana ross always had oozes of class and mystique while madonna acted like a cheap tramp and would kill for a headline,diana ross is a true music icon and trailblazer who did it in the raw,while madonna did it with hype and the power of mtv,diana ross has an incredible back catalogue of some of the greatest popular music ever recorded,i could go on but im even boring myself,so if you want class id advice you to listen to miss ross and if you want bubble gum pop then id advice madonna or even britney,the truth is out there.
mhh no need to be so hateful many woman can sing good but diana ross is just boring she only wears some glitter dresses and sings songs that she never wrote ,Madonna can sing and Dance ,miss ross will never be on Madonna's level creativity and all that why do you think britney,lady gaga destineys child admire madge cause she is fantastic.
Bimbo Madonna

Schenectady, NY

#19 May 23, 2012
Bimbo Madonna young studs at her feet,
Wonder how she manage to make c*ck heads meet,
Who finds money when she pays to rent?
Did she think that money was well spent?
Friday night arrives without her suitcase,
Sunday mornin' creepin' in pain,
Monday's stud learned to untie his bootlace,
See how her nose runs...
Bimbo Madonna stud at her saggy breast,
Wonder how she manage to feed the rest,
See how her nose runs...
Bimbo Madonna lying on the bed,
Listen to the music as she's givin' head,
Tuesday afternoon is never ending,
Wendy Papers didn't come,
Thursday night her stockings needed mending,
See how her nose runs...
Bimbo Madonna young studs at her feet,
Wonder how she manage to make c*ck heads meet.
Bimbo Madonna

Schenectady, NY

#20 May 25, 2012
Genuine hag on a molested horse,
Her wrinkled skin, her saggy breasts,
Dancing bimbo that's over the hill,
Repulsive sex maiden of filth and lust,
Blonde bombshell of flop, pop and crackle,
Her days of "like a virgin" long gone,
Her snanky crotch stinks, her hair falling out,
The fading diva diarrhea door of costume changes,
As the old music plays on with the pre recorded beat,
She falls on the stage as the audience spits on her,
And cries that she was once young to the crowd,
Go away bimbo Madonna, go away you dirty old pig,
Her clothes drop away for one last time as people puke,
Poor ridculous Madonna, get off the stage...
Old and inappropriate at this late year in the industry,
The eighties were over thirty years before you old slut!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madonna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Copyright lawsuits involving hit songs Jun 24 John McCharlie 3
New Madonna Album Jun 15 MadonnaLover_91 1
News Madonna Shows Off Her Petty With Prince Related... May 31 kelly 2
News Madonna responds to critics of her Prince tribute May '16 kelly 1
News Billboard Producer Defends Choosing Madonna to ... May '16 Hostis Publicus 1
please help me to find a real e-mail adress for... (Jan '07) May '16 bswejda 120
News Ask Billboard: Remember When Prince & Madonna R... May '16 Amused Octopus 1
More from around the web