8 reasons why Madonna is overrated

8 reasons why Madonna is overrated

Posted in the Madonna Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scarlet

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2010
1. She can't sing. She admits she can't. Especially in the 80's when she sounded like minnie mouse on helium. 2. She lip synchs! Elton John laughed about this and called madonna a complete joke. 3. She is a mediocre dancer. Can't hold a candle to Michael Jackson or usher or janet jackson ect. 4. She is not a good songwriter and relys to often on songwriters. 5. Not a musician. bad at playing the guitar. 6. not original. she copied kids on the new york street sin the early 80's, marilyn monroe. 7. She disses other artist. Mariah carey is a prime example. 8. She is old and a hag! No body with scrawny veiny arms.
ron

UK

#2 Jan 31, 2010
1. whether or not madonna can sing or not is purely down to opinion. i think she has a lovely voice.

2. elton john was being bitchy about madonna lip synching. he sings live because he doesn't dance. madonna does. have you ever sang and danced at the same time without getting out of breath?

3. madonna can outdance any of her peers. ok so she didn't moonwalk but that's totally over rated anyway!

4. madonna has nearly always written her own lyrics. did michael jackson always write his own stuff? how many songs has mariah carey written?

5. madonna is better at guitar than some and played drums and guitar in her bands in new york before she became famous.

6. she hasn't copied anything or anyone that hasn't been copied before. marilyn monroe wasn't the first blonde actress.

7. mariah dissed madonna first. what about lily allen and amy winehouse dissing madonna?

8. madonna is 51 an not an old hag. i think that espite her arms she looks better than most women 20 years younger.
scarlet

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2010
Hey Ron all critics agree she has a bad voice. She even admits to it. Madonna is no different than Britney Spears no voice so they lip synch. Madonna lips synchs most of the time to her ballads. Madonna is a mediocre dancer. That is laughable if you think she is as good as Michael Jackson was or janet jackson. Usher and Justin Timberlake is better than her. Madonna does not always write her own music. Michael Jackson wrote most of his music and Mariah Carey is known for songwriting. Madonna is no musician and even jokes about being horrible at playing the guitar. Hey itleast she is honest. Madonna has admitted to copying her boytoy look in the early 80's. Kids in new york were dressing that way. She has copied debbie harry and marilyn monroe. A french designer had created the cone bra look in 1987 and madonna started wearing it in 1990. producer william orbit came up with the idea for ray of light album. The song is an old song from 1971 with a different title. How is madonna original? Lily Allen and amy winehouse don't like her good for them. Madonna dissed Mariah first. Di you see pictures of madonna 2 years ago when she looked ol dand sick? Its called airbrushing and.most people think madonna looks older tha her age/ Madonna actually looks like a frail cancer patient! You may like her but you know i'm right. If madonna died tomorrow she would not be missed like michael jackson. Thats for sure.
Nikky M

Christchurch, New Zealand

#4 Jan 31, 2010
Actually DUMB ASS , Madonna writes alot of her own music with other producers as did michael jackson. oh by the way i was at the confessions tour in New York, & Madonna was definetly not lip syncing.She has Lip Synced on some occasions, but i think u will find nowadays this is actually rare. so that completely blows ur theory apart. Madonna dissed Mariah Carey First Because Mariah is an idiot(who should be shot dead) with an inflated ego. Here is a woman that has not one descent opinion about anytthing of any substance in life.In all of Human History There has'nt been a anyone(except Hitler) as stupid, vile & revolting as mariah carey, oh please don't try & claim she can sing. I HATE THAT VOICE( Thats my personal opinion,i don't really care what yours is)),& also i don't get into the Adult contemorary genre.Thats only big in the US,Not my scene. Oh and u say Lilly allen & amy Winehouse don't like Madonna, who cares, have u listen to their music, amy is drug f--ked, and lily allen does'nt even sing properly in her songs, she just talks and rthymes, and frankly it looks like a f--king dude.Why don't u just say u hate Madonna & leave it at that, instead of making up bull shit little statements. Who cares if madonna's not gonna be missed as much as MJ.Your statements on, not just madonna but the usa have have made me feel sick 2 my core. U are ignorant & arogant, and by the way your comment the other day about how only the canadians & the europeans don't like americans, it's not just them, it's the majority of the world because of people like u,with ur simple way of thinking & ur ignorant statements. The sad thing is, people like u spoil it for all those millions of wonderful, educated americans out there that are'nt ignorant & arogant & don't think the world revolves around the USA.
Nikky M

Christchurch, New Zealand

#5 Jan 31, 2010
scarlet wrote:
Hey Ron all critics agree she has a bad voice. She even admits to it. Madonna is no different than Britney Spears no voice so they lip synch. Madonna lips synchs most of the time to her ballads. Madonna is a mediocre dancer. That is laughable if you think she is as good as Michael Jackson was or janet jackson. Usher and Justin Timberlake is better than her. Madonna does not always write her own music. Michael Jackson wrote most of his music and Mariah Carey is known for songwriting. Madonna is no musician and even jokes about being horrible at playing the guitar. Hey itleast she is honest. Madonna has admitted to copying her boytoy look in the early 80's. Kids in new york were dressing that way. She has copied debbie harry and marilyn monroe. A french designer had created the cone bra look in 1987 and madonna started wearing it in 1990. producer william orbit came up with the idea for ray of light album. The song is an old song from 1971 with a different title. How is madonna original? Lily Allen and amy winehouse don't like her good for them. Madonna dissed Mariah first. Di you see pictures of madonna 2 years ago when she looked ol dand sick? Its called airbrushing and.most people think madonna looks older tha her age/ Madonna actually looks like a frail cancer patient! You may like her but you know i'm right. If madonna died tomorrow she would not be missed like michael jackson. Thats for sure.
Michael Jackson is dead(bless he's soul) GET OVER IT fruitcake.
scarlet

United States

#6 Jan 31, 2010
Hey nikky m. I am one of those educated americans. I have a bachelors degree. Critics blasted madonna on her confessions tour saying she lip synched so that proves your'e wrong. So your'e comparing Mariah Carey to hitler?! Wow! Mariah can sing madonna cant. get over it! Mariah has been voted in many polls including rolling stone magazine as having the best voice ever. Madonna made many adult contemparary songs. Take a bow, I'll remember, ect. She has had alot of adult contemparary songs! snooze. Oh yes lets not forget the american life cd where she tied to rap what a joke! I have nothing against other countries but when you knock america be excepted to go down. America is 100 billion times better than new zealand or austrailia. Artist like the beatles, coldplay, and the rolling stones, duran duran and many others say they wanted to make it in america and then when they did they knew they had achieved greatness. I hated bush he was not a great president but obama is amazing. It was europe who chose obama for the nobel peace prize so i hardly doubt the whole world hates us. You need to learn about history. Educate yourself or shut up.
Deanna

Fountain Valley, CA

#7 Jan 31, 2010
ron wrote:
1. whether or not madonna can sing or not is purely down to opinion. i think she has a lovely voice.
2. elton john was being bitchy about madonna lip synching. he sings live because he doesn't dance. madonna does. have you ever sang and danced at the same time without getting out of breath?
3. madonna can outdance any of her peers. ok so she didn't moonwalk but that's totally over rated anyway!
4. madonna has nearly always written her own lyrics. did michael jackson always write his own stuff? how many songs has mariah carey written?
5. madonna is better at guitar than some and played drums and guitar in her bands in new york before she became famous.
6. she hasn't copied anything or anyone that hasn't been copied before. marilyn monroe wasn't the first blonde actress.
7. mariah dissed madonna first. what about lily allen and amy winehouse dissing madonna?
8. madonna is 51 an not an old hag. i think that espite her arms she looks better than most women 20 years younger.
Okay, Ron, I'm going to say this with the utmost respect intended because I have given my word to Nikky that we are not going to demean each other anymore. Do you honestly suggest that the Material Girl video was not a parody of Marilyn Monroe? It seemed pretty obvious that she was spoofing Marilyn, to me...
scarlet

United States

#8 Jan 31, 2010
Madonna totally copied marilyn monroe as well as debbie harry. Madonna fans are usually below average in intelligence and gullible. They believe what they want to no matter if the facts are in front of them. Look who they idolize an old has been slut who can't keep her legs shut so she can sell records cause she has no talent. Now she is to old to play that game. To bad Michael Jackson died and not Madonna she would not have been that missed.
Nikky M

Christchurch, New Zealand

#9 Jan 31, 2010
scarlet wrote:
Hey nikky m. I am one of those educated americans. I have a bachelors degree. Critics blasted madonna on her confessions tour saying she lip synched so that proves your'e wrong. So your'e comparing Mariah Carey to hitler?! Wow! Mariah can sing madonna cant. get over it! Mariah has been voted in many polls including rolling stone magazine as having the best voice ever. Madonna made many adult contemparary songs. Take a bow, I'll remember, ect. She has had alot of adult contemparary songs! snooze. Oh yes lets not forget the american life cd where she tied to rap what a joke! I have nothing against other countries but when you knock america be excepted to go down. America is 100 billion times better than new zealand or austrailia. Artist like the beatles, coldplay, and the rolling stones, duran duran and many others say they wanted to make it in america and then when they did they knew they had achieved greatness. I hated bush he was not a great president but obama is amazing. It was europe who chose obama for the nobel peace prize so i hardly doubt the whole world hates us. You need to learn about history. Educate yourself or shut up.
Where in god's earth are u getting ur information from.lol.I'm done with u.
Nikky M

Christchurch, New Zealand

#10 Jan 31, 2010
scarlet wrote:
Hey nikky m. I am one of those educated americans. I have a bachelors degree. Critics blasted madonna on her confessions tour saying she lip synched so that proves your'e wrong. So your'e comparing Mariah Carey to hitler?! Wow! Mariah can sing madonna cant. get over it! Mariah has been voted in many polls including rolling stone magazine as having the best voice ever. Madonna made many adult contemparary songs. Take a bow, I'll remember, ect. She has had alot of adult contemparary songs! snooze. Oh yes lets not forget the american life cd where she tied to rap what a joke! I have nothing against other countries but when you knock america be excepted to go down. America is 100 billion times better than new zealand or austrailia. Artist like the beatles, coldplay, and the rolling stones, duran duran and many others say they wanted to make it in america and then when they did they knew they had achieved greatness. I hated bush he was not a great president but obama is amazing. It was europe who chose obama for the nobel peace prize so i hardly doubt the whole world hates us. You need to learn about history. Educate yourself or shut up.
So u think because heaps of celebrities live & get famous in the USA it makes it so much better than New Zealand.LOL. U HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO NEW ZEALAND. I have lived all over United States for many years. So like i said before, U HAVE A DEGREE IN NOTHING BUT STUPIDNESS.This is it, im done with the politics talk, and 'M DONE WITH U.
Nikky M

Christchurch, New Zealand

#11 Jan 31, 2010
scarlet wrote:
Madonna totally copied marilyn monroe as well as debbie harry. Madonna fans are usually below average in intelligence and gullible. They believe what they want to no matter if the facts are in front of them. Look who they idolize an old has been slut who can't keep her legs shut so she can sell records cause she has no talent. Now she is to old to play that game. To bad Michael Jackson died and not Madonna she would not have been that missed.
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ( it's like verbal diaorrea) JUST GET LOST SCARLET.
ron

UK

#12 Feb 1, 2010
Deanna wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, Ron, I'm going to say this with the utmost respect intended because I have given my word to Nikky that we are not going to demean each other anymore. Do you honestly suggest that the Material Girl video was not a parody of Marilyn Monroe? It seemed pretty obvious that she was spoofing Marilyn, to me...
i never said that madonna hadn't copied monroe. i said that madonna hadn't copied anything that hadn't been copied before. material girl was indeed a spoof of marilyn.
ron

UK

#13 Feb 1, 2010
scarlet wrote:
Madonna totally copied marilyn monroe as well as debbie harry. Madonna fans are usually below average in intelligence and gullible. They believe what they want to no matter if the facts are in front of them. Look who they idolize an old has been slut who can't keep her legs shut so she can sell records cause she has no talent. Now she is to old to play that game. To bad Michael Jackson died and not Madonna she would not have been that missed.
that's extremely unfair of you to assume all madonna's fans are thick. ok so i don't have a bachelor degree or whatever it is but i'm not thick. my intelligence or lack of it has nothing to do with my being a madonna fan. i just like her and i think she's a good singer and dancer. mj,jj,jt were/are all good entertainers and i am sorry that mj is dead but i think it's extremely VILE of you to wish it on madonna just because you don't like her or her work. people WILL miss madonna, her fans, her friends, her FAMILY! what about her kids? she's their MUM!! would you like someone to wish death on your mum or a member of YOUR family?

yes mj is missed. by his fans,friends and family. but alot of 'mourners' i know didn't even like him when he was alive.
Nikky M

Christchurch, New Zealand

#14 Feb 1, 2010
ron wrote:
<quoted text>
that's extremely unfair of you to assume all madonna's fans are thick. ok so i don't have a bachelor degree or whatever it is but i'm not thick. my intelligence or lack of it has nothing to do with my being a madonna fan. i just like her and i think she's a good singer and dancer. mj,jj,jt were/are all good entertainers and i am sorry that mj is dead but i think it's extremely VILE of you to wish it on madonna just because you don't like her or her work. people WILL miss madonna, her fans, her friends, her FAMILY! what about her kids? she's their MUM!! would you like someone to wish death on your mum or a member of YOUR family?
yes mj is missed. by his fans,friends and family. but alot of 'mourners' i know didn't even like him when he was alive.
I Agree 100%, i could'nt have said it any better, BRILLIANT.
ron

UK

#15 Feb 2, 2010
thankyou!
Ajax

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2010
Y'all don't understand. The more U fight, the better! Wouldn't surprise me if Madonna herself posted some of this negative shit! She's lovin' it, man, cause it keeps everybody talkin' about her.
Jasmine28

United States

#17 Feb 8, 2010
You forgot Madonna can't act at all!
Having to watch any of her movies is like torture. She wants to have another baby. She is a senior citizen!
When the baby is 8 she'll be 60 lol
She probably can't get pregnant at almost 52. Ever heard of menopause anyone?
madonnafan

Leeds, UK

#18 Feb 9, 2010
Jasmine28 wrote:
You forgot Madonna can't act at all!
Having to watch any of her movies is like torture. She wants to have another baby. She is a senior citizen!
When the baby is 8 she'll be 60 lol
She probably can't get pregnant at almost 52. Ever heard of menopause anyone?
and how old are you? are you one of these disrespectful young people who are allergic to older people and treat them like they're a disease?

no, madonna can't act. and i don't believe for a minute that she's trying for a baby.
jasmine28

United States

#21 Feb 9, 2010
I like a few Madonna songs,
but she is overhyped. The
only thing she was really talented
at was her ability to market
herself. However Madonna is not
original and has always copied
other people. The beatles and
David Bowie changed their image
before Madonna.
Madonna loses out as she gets
older because she can't rely
on actual talent.

Some people would get tired of paying
hundreds or even a thousand dollars
to watch her lip synch.
She also paved the way for the britney soears
of the music industry.
Madonna made it okay to sell image over talent
and that his her legacy. Totally souless.
Deanna

Fountain Valley, CA

#22 Feb 9, 2010
http://www.celebrity-collection.com/clc4/gall...

You're wrong! Look at that talent! I mean, how can you say the woman can't act? She should have won the Oscar for this incredible performance! Kinda takes your breath away, don't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madonna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch: Madonna at her best Mon Waldo Simmons 3
News Madonna Grows "Long" Armpit Hair, Accentuates C... (Mar '14) Aug 1 Waldo Simmons 5
News Who's That Toy Boy Madonna? Jul 29 Waldo Simmons 1
News Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Will Feature Pole-Da... Jul 29 Waldo Simmons 1
News Madonna adoption challenge (Oct '06) Jul 16 Christian Go 127
News Madonna gets a foot massage from her children D... Jul 15 Waldo Simmons 1
News Kanye West Accused of Cheating on 'SNL' (Dec '08) Jul 6 rebel111 5
More from around the web