Laura Leona

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

I will forever remain a Luther Vandross fan,and am still so heartbroken that he has passed. Now, in 2007, I play his music often, as it seems to bring a calm to my soul. There is no voice that compares to his. He was a relief from all the rap, rock and roll,and pop music (although I like all that too)but every now and then, I get in that "Luther" mood and I have to hear his songs sang with that silky voice of an angel. I hope his family and loved ones know what an impression he left on all who loved him and his music....Still.
Nick Middlesbrough UK

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

I was lucky enough to accidentally bump into the great man in a pizza shop in Amsterdam!
I was stood in this shop in about 1997 and looking at the pizza list when i glance round to see Luther stood next to me.It was one of those moments in a lifetime where everything freezes around you.At first i had to pinch myself ! I looked around to see his"minder" stood quietly behind us.What was even freakier was that i had tickets to go and see Luther in cocert the following Tuesday night in Newcastle England.Anyway i was lucky enough to shake his hand and twll him that he was a legend and that i couldnt wait to see him in concert.He was very nice and polite and said thanks and that wasit .He was whisked off in a limo followed by a now swiftly gathering crowd of ladies..It turns out that he had been performing that night at the Amsterdam Arena.At this time it was during one of the larger phases of his life but he still looked fantastic and had very kind eyes i remember.A great honour and one which i wont forget.I was so upset when he died.His music was and is so fantastic. I have found that from So Amazing in 88 to Dance with my father his tracks have ebcapsulated certain times in my life which are very emotional and i thank you Luther wherever you are.Rest in peace.
palex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

After all this time, I still love you. Your song, "Dance With My Father" was everything I needed to help me with memories of my father. You are gone now but I will always hold you dear in my heart - your smile, your voice, everything about you. There are days that I sometimes shed a tear when I hear one of your songs playing. You are the greatest singer I have ever heard in my life. Rest in Peace !!!
Mandy

La Crescenta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

I feel the same way... I've been searching all over the place for his music just to have more of him - know of any amazing sites besides PopMarket.com that has daily specials on box set CD's at half the cost?

Forever be missed! xo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Luther Vandross Discussions

Search the Luther Vandross Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pinoy duo gets standing ovation on 'Ellen' (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 1
“Luther Radio” This Weekend on SiriusXM (Apr '12) Apr '12 SiriusXM Elisa 1
'American Idol' brings back Jermaine Jones (Feb '12) Feb '12 Disgruntled Patriot 1
Soul singer Teddy Pendergrass dies in Pa. at 59 (Jan '10) Jan '10 carol 1
Luther Vandross' Mother Speaks to U. of P. Med ... (Feb '06) Feb '08 Broken Hearted 74
appreciation (Sep '06) Feb '08 jasmine from florida 2
Will Downing? (Oct '07) Oct '07 groovewithjamie 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••