Criminal record: Song by Al Capone is...

Criminal record: Song by Al Capone is coming out on CD; could t...

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Criminal record: Song by Al Capone is coming out on CD; could t.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

He never sang to the feds, but it turns out Al Capone had a song in his heart. All it took was a stint in Alcatraz to bring it out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Big Al Tuna

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 16, 2009
Can we put the Capone crap to rest yet?

BTW, I watched the DVD for the Concert for Bangladesh last night and who is on it interviewing people, but Giraldo Rivera. Another one we'd like to put to rest.
animal

Northbrook, IL

#2 Apr 16, 2009
yeah...this is right up there with the charly manson song that one of the beach boys put out
Big Al Tuna wrote:
Can we put the Capone crap to rest yet?
BTW, I watched the DVD for the Concert for Bangladesh last night and who is on it interviewing people, but Giraldo Rivera. Another one we'd like to put to rest.
Jessica

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2009
I'd like to hear it. :)
Tex Watson

United States

#4 Apr 16, 2009
animal wrote:
yeah...this is right up there with the charly manson song that one of the beach boys put out
<quoted text>
Guns 'n Roses did one too on their Spaghetti Incident album. It's a hidden track at the end of the c.d.
Tom Wells

United States

#5 Apr 16, 2009
I too, would like to hear this song, and I'm glad that "correct" instruments are being chosen to play it. Al Capone wouldn't have a legacy and enduring name if he hadn't brought Chicago a beer in the depths of prohibition and the Depression.
A toast to Mr Capone.
He was no different from Mr Rum-running Kennedy.
Jerry D

Allentown, PA

#6 Apr 16, 2009
Chicago! Bang bang! Al Capone!
Birdman of Alcapone

Spring Hill, TN

#7 Apr 16, 2009
Since he was in jail when he wrote it, was he writing about a man or woman?
Send Lawyers GunsandMoney

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Apr 17, 2009
The title should be, "He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue."
Sheldon Finch

UK

#9 Apr 22, 2009
Capone's The Man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louis Armstrong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Danielle Brooks profiled by an airline gate... Jul 2 davygee 1
News Jesse Ventura to appeal vacating of $1.8 millio... Jun 25 Hostis Publicus 3
News 'Jesus' arrested in Apple store; his cross was ... May '16 Bryan Fischer s H... 7
News San Leandro: Woman wins $3 million from Lottery... Apr '16 Azat 3
News 'Rise and Fall of Paramount Records' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Alex van der Tuuk 1
News Happy Birthday, Louis Armstrong, Legendary Jazz... (Feb '13) May '13 yessika 4
News Other Jazz legends who have called LI or Queens... (Jul '07) May '13 ExodusBarber 2
More from around the web