Happy Birthday, Louis Armstrong, Legendary Jazz Musician and Si...

"Louis Armstrong is jazz. He represents what the music is all about," said Wynton Marsalis, a jazz legend is his own right. Full Story
Samantha

New York, NY

#1 Aug 4, 2009
Every time I hear What a Wonderful World I think of that scene from Good Morning Vietnam with all of the bomb's exploding. The scene would have been powerful on it's own but the song made it so much more poignant.
Janet

Portland, OR

#2 Aug 4, 2009
What a singular voice he had. He was definitely one of kind.

“Lost college graduate”

Since: Jun 09

Portland

#3 Aug 4, 2009
I saw Ambassador Satch. I highly recommend it.
MetroCard

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 5, 2009
Hey everybody, I saw this blog and I just wanted to add some information about a MetroCard Deal at the Louis Armstrong house. I work for MTA New York City Transit and we partnered with the Queens Development Corporation to offer discounts on merchandise and admission at a diverse number of venues in Queens. Visit www.HotSummer.DiscoverQueens.info for a full list of all the venues and what MetroCard Deal they’re offering. Then use Trip Planner to get customized subway and bus direction to each location. A little way to save some money during these financial times.
Anita

New York, NY

#5 Aug 6, 2009
His duets with Ella Fitzgerald are epic.
raven

Augusta, GA

#6 Nov 23, 2009
i love LOUIS ARMSTRONG!!! <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louis Armstrong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Rise and Fall of Paramount Records' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Alex van der Tuuk 1
Happy Birthday, Louis Armstrong, Legendary Jazz... (Feb '13) May '13 yessika 4
Other Jazz legends who have called LI or Queens... (Jul '07) May '13 ExodusBarber 2
New $650M terminal planned for New Orleans airport (Apr '13) Apr '13 TLM 1
Louisiana group wants to move Frontier Airlines... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Stanislav Smirnov 3
Louisiana group wants to move Frontier Airlines... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Last thing Fronti... 2
Former Royal Tahitian now a tiki teardown (Sep '10) Apr '12 Always Wary 2

Louis Armstrong People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE