Walk on the vile side: Metallica, Lou Reed an unlistenable mess

Nov 1, 2011 Full story: WisInfo 7

Lou Reed and Metallica are not only two of the more exalted names in music - pioneers of punk and thrash metal, respectively - they're among the most perverse.

Full Story

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1 Nov 2, 2011
Still looking forward to hearing this one for myself, though, as critics and I don't always see eye-to-eye on Lou Reed's work.
Robert Hankee

Anchorage, AK

#2 Nov 3, 2011
Definitely different. I really am starting to like the first song and The View. Live here in Fairbanks,AK and don't get to see very many concerts. Metallica came to Anchorage,AK three times since 1989. I saw them in 1992, very awesome. They may not have moved around much that i can remember but they at least played here in Alaska and played some kick**s music. Godsmack just played here in September but i hope Metallica will come back and maybe play a show here in Fairbanks. Although they might not make that much mula here.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3 Nov 3, 2011
Robert Hankee wrote:
Definitely different. I really am starting to like the first song and The View. Live here in Fairbanks,AK and don't get to see very many concerts. Metallica came to Anchorage,AK three times since 1989. I saw them in 1992, very awesome. They may not have moved around much that i can remember but they at least played here in Alaska and played some kick**s music. Godsmack just played here in September but i hope Metallica will come back and maybe play a show here in Fairbanks. Although they might not make that much mula here.
Hello Robert... way up in Alaska, from down in the Deepest of the Deep South!

Yes, a tour behind this record would be sweet, indeed!

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery
Robert Hankee

Anchorage, AK

#4 May 20, 2012
hi will dockery where the deep south?
I so much love Metallica, want to see them up here in alaska again. So many people dont stick to their roots and just think new bands are hip or just dont like heavy metal. I still dream of going to metallica concerts. i know the economy didnt help for bands to tour in small towns but Metallica could come back if they wanted

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#5 May 29, 2012
Robert Hankee wrote:
hi will dockery where the deep south?
I so much love Metallica, want to see them up here in alaska again. So many people dont stick to their roots and just think new bands are hip or just dont like heavy metal. I still dream of going to metallica concerts. i know the economy didnt help for bands to tour in small towns but Metallica could come back if they wanted
Hello Robert... way down in Columbus Georgia...

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery Project:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_115...
robert Hankee

Anchorage, AK

#6 Oct 20, 2012
nothing else matters

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#7 Dec 19, 2012
robert Hankee wrote:
nothing else matters
"Nothing Unreal Exists"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lou Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lou Reed: Transformer Live At Montreux (Apr '14) Apr '14 Gene 1
The 20 Best Velvet Underground Songs (Dec '12) Feb '14 Tomnz11 2
Jobriath: The Man Who Out-Queened Queen (Feb '14) Feb '14 Will Dockery 1
Lou Reed in September 2013? (Sep '13) Nov '13 Will Dockery 2
Velvet Underground's Lou Reed fearless in his m... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tigger31086 1
RIP Lou with Acoustic "Heroin" (Oct '13) Oct '13 Candy from the Is... 1
Lou Reed set his poetry to rock: 7 songs to hear (Oct '13) Oct '13 pARTy 1

Lou Reed People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE