Review: 'Lulu' by Metallica and Lou Reed

Nov 2, 2011 Full story: MyFoxNY

I'm still not sure if this is the worst piece of junk to be produced in album form in the last 20 years, or genius at a level so brilliant it's beyond my mere mortal capacity to appreciate it.

Full Story

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1 Nov 4, 2011
I'm thinking another genius move from a long line of genius moves from the master poet & rocker Lou Reed.
Ozzy Wayne

Sydney, Australia

#2 Nov 17, 2011
i just bought the Lulu matellica CDS. It was the worset peice of crap I have ever heard. Metallica should be ashamed to even putting their name to it. If this is the sort of crap mettalica expect their long time fans to buy, then they will disappear and be remembered for producing to worst CD of all time, instead of been remembered for all the great music they have given us.

If I could get my money back I would. To others do not buy this pice of crap

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#3 Nov 17, 2011
Ozzy Wayne wrote:
i just bought the Lulu matellica CDS. It was the worset peice of crap I have ever heard. Metallica should be ashamed to even putting their name to it. If this is the sort of crap mettalica expect their long time fans to buy, then they will disappear and be remembered for producing to worst CD of all time, instead of been remembered for all the great music they have given us.
If I could get my money back I would. To others do not buy this pice of crap
I've read these sorts of statements, and could not disagree more... Metallica were serving as backup and embellishment for Lou Reed's visions, and did a splendid job.

Best Lou Reed record in at least a decade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lou Reed Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lou Reed: Transformer Live At Montreux (Apr '14) Apr '14 Gene 1
The 20 Best Velvet Underground Songs (Dec '12) Feb '14 Tomnz11 2
Jobriath: The Man Who Out-Queened Queen (Feb '14) Feb '14 Will Dockery 1
Lou Reed in September 2013? (Sep '13) Nov '13 Will Dockery 2
Velvet Underground's Lou Reed fearless in his m... (Oct '13) Oct '13 tigger31086 1
RIP Lou with Acoustic "Heroin" (Oct '13) Oct '13 Candy from the Is... 1
Lou Reed set his poetry to rock: 7 songs to hear (Oct '13) Oct '13 pARTy 1

Lou Reed People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE