President Obama's speech on immigrati...

President Obama's speech on immigration and border security

There are 446 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 10, 2011, titled President Obama's speech on immigration and border security. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Hello, El Paso! It's great to be back here with all of you, and to be back in the Lone Star State.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Butter Bean

United States

#1 May 10, 2011
Lying Sack of Sheet!
Lupe

United States

#2 May 10, 2011
It's the most beautiful speech I ever heard. I watch on TV and am so overwhelmed at how welcoming and friendly he is. I used to feel shame for my family coming here but now I am proud as a peacock and pleased as punch.
lupeisinsane

Chicago, IL

#3 May 10, 2011
Lupe wrote:
It's the most beautiful speech I ever heard. I watch on TV and am so overwhelmed at how welcoming and friendly he is. I used to feel shame for my family coming here but now I am proud as a peacock and pleased as punch.
proud as a peacock and illegal and dumb as a dodo bird...
illegalsgottago

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 May 10, 2011
yea the fence is complete...haha barry very funny...have you traveled the 2000 mile long border to verify that barry or did you just rely on janet from another planet's assessment. Then tell us barry just why is it that we have millions of illegal alien scumbags roaming the country and drug cartels moving drugs into just about every major city in the country...hmmmmm
Eddie Saenz

El Paso, TX

#5 May 10, 2011
I find it curious that he blames the Republicans for not passing the dream act, when the democrats had control of the house, they could have passed it with out a single republican vote. I guess its campaign season now.
Lupe

United States

#6 May 10, 2011
lupeisinsane wrote:
<quoted text>
proud as a peacock and illegal and dumb as a dodo bird...
Illegal now but not for long. The President has assured us amnesty just as soon as he persuades a few more Repubs. I peed my pants with joy when he said that America is better than breaking up families and deporting nice, clean people like myself.
Im not buying it

United States

#7 May 10, 2011
In one sentence he wants to secure the borders and tightening border securty-then he talks the dream act and not using the border to seperate families.DO NOT complain this wave of immigrants to the others that have come into this country.The ones that wanted to and did become Americans-and learned english.Not a hord of people that still fly the Mexican flag,refuse to learn english and many keep their Mexican nationality while collecting American benifits.Theese are not the immigrants that are spoken of, the Irish and Chineese that buildt the railroads,the swedes that settled and farmed the great plains, every country has come here has BUILDT America up-this wave is here to feast on America like a plague of locus and coakroaches-never wanting anything else except to take what they can.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 May 10, 2011
Just beat it! beat it! beat it!
Lupe

United States

#9 May 10, 2011
Im not buying it wrote:
In one sentence he wants to secure the borders and tightening border securty-then he talks the dream act and not using the border to seperate families.DO NOT complain this wave of immigrants to the others that have come into this country.The ones that wanted to and did become Americans-and learned english.Not a hord of people that still fly the Mexican flag,refuse to learn english and many keep their Mexican nationality while collecting American benifits.Theese are not the immigrants that are spoken of, the Irish and Chineese that buildt the railroads,the swedes that settled and farmed the great plains, every country has come here has BUILDT America up-this wave is here to feast on America like a plague of locus and coakroaches-never wanting anything else except to take what they can.
You can bellyache all you want but it's inevitable now that we're all going to be legalized. Just like he passed healthcare, the stimulant package and all the rest, amnesty is on the horizon. Sure he'll have to throw the Repubs a bone but he's adamant about making this happen and I wouldn't bet against him.
TexasGirl

El Paso, TX

#10 May 10, 2011
I wonder if the Mexican police closed the Mexican side to make sure no stray bullets came over when he was talking about how safe the border is for everyone.What a joke! All he came to El Paso for is Dem. votes. He can forget about any Rep. or indep. votes, the only people that will be voting for him next time are: people on welfare for more than 5 years and want to continue to stay on it, people that do not know what is going on, and people that want to buy an elec. car that will go about 50 miles.
reader

Reno, NV

#11 May 10, 2011
Lupe wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal now but not for long. The President has assured us amnesty just as soon as he persuades a few more Repubs. I peed my pants with joy when he said that America is better than breaking up families and deporting nice, clean people like myself.
Lupe, If you are here illegally, then go pee your pants in Mexico or wherever you came from. You are not welcome here "illegally".
Lupe

United States

#12 May 10, 2011
reader wrote:
<quoted text>Lupe, If you are here illegally, then go pee your pants in Mexico or wherever you came from. You are not welcome here "illegally".
I'll pee wherever I damn well please after what the President said today. Apparently you didn't get the memo but it's high time, according to him, that our nation stops farting around about this issue and grants full access and benefits to everyone who lives here. I'll gladly give a tip of my cap to all who died to bring us the freedoms we Americans now enjoy, but don't stand in my way any longer. I want what's mine and the President has decided to grant it to me.
Eric

El Paso, TX

#13 May 10, 2011
Nice speech, but I don't think it's realistic. Did somebody tell him about the 100,000 illegal aliens that are in El Paso right now, many of them on food stamps and receiving public housing? Why should they be made US citizens? Why should they receive better treatment than the people who are waiting to enter legally? The entrepeneurs he mentioned may have been immigrants, but they didn't enter illegally.
Vance1

Portland, OR

#14 May 10, 2011
Let's go back in time and brand everyone who came from Europe and squatted on this country ILLEGALLY as an anchor baby.

Then let's deport them back to wherever will take them.
Sam

Frisco, TX

#15 May 10, 2011
Lupe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pee wherever I damn well please after what the President said today. Apparently you didn't get the memo but it's high time, according to him, that our nation stops farting around about this issue and grants full access and benefits to everyone who lives here. I'll gladly give a tip of my cap to all who died to bring us the freedoms we Americans now enjoy, but don't stand in my way any
longer. I want what's mine and the President has decided to grant it to me.
Full access and Benefits !! Wow !! Spoken like a true Democrat !! Give me, Give me !!
Isn't lone star, WIC , housing, manifestos, free lunch at your kids school , and unemployment enough !!!!!!
David

El Paso, TX

#16 May 10, 2011
Lupe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pee wherever I damn well please after what the President said today. Apparently you didn't get the memo but it's high time, according to him, that our nation stops farting around about this issue and grants full access and benefits to everyone who lives here. I'll gladly give a tip of my cap to all who died to bring us the freedoms we Americans now enjoy, but don't stand in my way any longer. I want what's mine and the President has decided to grant it to me.
Lupe, you heard what you wanted to here. I heard admission of guilt, fines, going through the normal immigration process, paying taxes and learning English.

Since: May 10

Santa Ana, CA

#17 May 10, 2011
Lupe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you what it means "We the People"!! WE the people of the United states are the ones who blocked the DreamAct and the push for amnesty during the Bush Administration. Mr. Obama is not the King and neither are those in Congress royalty. Maybe you don't remember what happened just a few months ago in November, when the Dems were slaughtered at the polls. Latinos are not the majority of this country, nor are they the majority of voters, but a 3rd world fringe group. WE the American People will NOT let this foolishness continue! NOW! That something I'm proud about!
Lupe

United States

#18 May 10, 2011
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Full access and Benefits !! Wow !! Spoken like a true Democrat !! Give me, Give me !!
Isn't lone star, WIC , housing, manifestos, free lunch at your kids school , and unemployment enough !!!!!!
I didn't know manifestos were included! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll check into it pronto.
Lupe

United States

#19 May 10, 2011
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Lupe, you heard what you wanted to here. I heard admission of guilt, fines, going through the normal immigration process, paying taxes and learning English.
That's window dressing and we all know it. No way that's included int he final bill. He has to placate the opposition but amnesty is amnesty, no matter how you slice it. Besides, I already speak English better than most Americans.
Obama

El Paso, TX

#20 May 10, 2011
osama still alive!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will a wall stop illegal immigration? 32 minute... 8 hr Makes You Think 9
News Texas Republicans not quite ready to secede May 24 Three Days Paleo 9
News Allows Illegal Aliens to Adopt Children May 5 tomin cali 12
News Conviction Integrity Units Expand Beyond Lone S... Mar '16 Farter 3
News Governor Abbott offers constitutional amendment... Jan '16 wild child 1
News Hidden monument discovered near Stonehenge (Sep '15) Jan '16 langham science d... 3
News Texans can now stroll around public places whil... Jan '16 Super Texan92 5
More from around the web