Knowledge is power

Knowledge is power

There are 8 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 20, 2008, titled Knowledge is power. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Anyone who still believes Maryland's surging electricity rates and deregulation debacle are somehow unique to the state ought to take note of what's been happening in Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Fast Eddie

Shelton, CT

#1 Jul 20, 2008
But Marty PROMISED to fix it...he did he did he did. Oh wait...that was before the election
Ann

Pontiac, MI

#2 Jul 20, 2008
Costs are still cheaper in deregulated state.
acharleyhorse

United States

#3 Jul 20, 2008
Just another attemp by the Sun to make excuses for O'Malley, who promised to "stand up to BGE" and prevent the large rate increase. Rate sare now up 85% since O'Malley took office.
Falling employee rolls

Rosedale, MD

#4 Jul 20, 2008
Hey Ann Lordo, Larry Williams, Diane Camper, Todd Windsor, Peter Jensen, Mike Cross-Barnet, Franz Schneiderman and Makeda Crane,
How about a collective were sorry for endorsing these criminals? Was it worth the free cable from Bromwell and his son, the gift cards from Dixon, the free groceries from Currie and the free AA county vehilce inspections. What did O'Malley promise you for the sudden Pro-slots stance?
David

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2008
Wait,,,Didn't BOY KING PROMISE that he'd make this all right for Marylanders??? I actually remember seeing him saying this on TV and he wasn't playing his banjo or wearing a muscule shirt!! Somebody help me,,,was I dreaming???
Frank

Elkridge, MD

#6 Jul 21, 2008
But Master O'Malley promised us lower rates.

So did he lie to us during his campaign (knowing that lower rates weren't possible)?

Or is he just that stupid?

Probably a little of both.
Jay

United States

#7 Jul 21, 2008
Frank wrote:
But Master O'Malley promised us lower rates.
So did he lie to us during his campaign (knowing that lower rates weren't possible)?
Or is he just that stupid?
Probably a little of both.
Bullseye Frank!
But the question needs to be asked-
will Maryland be stupid enough to reelect this jackass!
Frank

Elkridge, MD

#8 Jul 22, 2008
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullseye Frank!
But the question needs to be asked-
will Maryland be stupid enough to reelect this jackass!
The answer to your question is..."YES!". I've been blaming the voters for this mess since the day O'Malley was elected. If people would do their homework - and actually review these candidates and their records - things might be different. But all they did was look at "D" behind the name. Idiots!

I guess there's always hope. Just not in Maryland.

I hope I'm wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Texas Bracket: George Strait voted Most Texan Wed brtty johnson 1
News Many community college students lack reliable f... Mar 17 Reliable Phart 1
News Trump could make courthouse arrests of illegal ... Mar 9 Wildchild 15
News Will a wall stop illegal immigration? 32 minute... (May '16) Jun '16 ronnie 22
News Texas Republicans not quite ready to secede (May '16) May '16 Three Days Paleo 9
News Allows Illegal Aliens to Adopt Children (May '16) May '16 tomin cali 12
News Conviction Integrity Units Expand Beyond Lone S... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Farter 3
More from around the web