Don't take your daughter to Texas: on...

Don't take your daughter to Texas: one in ten 11 year olds has had sex, says recent study

There are 17 comments on the Daily Mail story from Oct 20, 2011, titled Don't take your daughter to Texas: one in ten 11 year olds has had sex, says recent study. In it, Daily Mail reports that:

The maxim says that 'everything is bigger in Texas', and that holds true for the percentage of kids having sex in the Lone Star state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 20, 2011
Everyone gets screwed in Texas.
jolene

Denton, TX

#2 Oct 20, 2011
Everyone loves to pick on Texas. I see you live in Florida; if you will look closely at the research, you will see that Florida is also ranked very high in having teen pregnancies (often in top ten) and actually comes in higher than Texas for abortion rates. Maybe folks should be just as concerned about taking their daughters to Florida!

And while I am not happy at all with my state being ranked #3 in the nation for teen birth rates, what gets me is that there are two other states with high even higher rates that do not get mentioned in these articles. One state that consistently comes in higher than Texas is New Mexico. Arizona is usually high on the list as well.

There are many reasons for the high rates; very poor sex education in schools and the lack of family support and sex education in homes due to the religious and political climates are at the top of the list. And not to be a racist, just stating facts, if one will look closely, the US / Mexico border states tend to have higher rates in teen sex, pregnancies, abortions and birth rates than the rest of the country. Part of this stems from the fact that many want to have so called "anchor" babies (babies born in the US are US citizens) and many come across the border already pregnant or get pregnant soon after entering the US which adds to the birth rates since only the births occurring in each state are counted and not the ethnic background and/or where one was impregnated.

Regardless, it is a serious problem that needs to be addressed ASAP, and folks need to get over their biased religious and political views and step up to do the right thing.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#4 Oct 20, 2011
I thought only steers and queers came from Texas.
just me

San Antonio, TX

#5 Oct 20, 2011
hinamanu wrote:
I thought only steers and queers came from Texas.
wrong again, queers come from california and steers come from Texas.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#6 Oct 20, 2011
just me wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again, queers come from california and steers come from Texas.
Well, don't complain to me. Was a direct quote from Loius Gossett in 'Officer nad a Gentleman'

“Dont take me to seriously lol”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7 Oct 21, 2011
I may have to visit Texas if they teach the girls young they should be right experienced when they are 20 or so for me to F**k then shouldnt they.
Oldtimer

Danville, WV

#8 Oct 21, 2011
Gosh, I was having sex in third grade at Ft. Sam when I was 8 and she was 7, but her juicy mama was about 25. Most of the kids in my homeroom were sexually active to some degree, and except for a couple of them, all the girls would put out, not for anything special, just for fun. Of course, they did like to go to the movies!
mindy

United States

#9 Oct 22, 2011
hinamanu wrote:
I thought only steers and queers came from Texas.
stop hating on texas
Join Free

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#10 Oct 23, 2011
mindy wrote:
<quoted text> stop hating on texas
Ron Paul 2012
Aussie

Brisbane, Australia

#11 Oct 23, 2011
One word..........disgusting!

“Men should be submissive”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13 Oct 23, 2011
just me wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again, queers come from california and steers come from Texas.
Q> What is the difference between a texas beauty and a hereford?

A> oh, about 10 lbs.

Just kiddin :)
funnier

Riverview, FL

#14 Oct 23, 2011
Q> What is the difference between la la la lola and a heffer?

A> oh, about 10 lbs.

Just kiddin ;-)

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#15 Oct 24, 2011
Texas is filled with rednecks as is my state. Rednecks vote against their own interests.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#16 Oct 24, 2011
tampabayallstar wrote:
Texas is filled with rednecks as is my state. Rednecks vote against their own interests.
Interesting. Possibly very profound.

Rick Perry is losing round very badly.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#17 Oct 24, 2011
jolene wrote:
Everyone loves to pick on Texas. I see you live in Florida; if you will look closely at the research, you will see that Florida is also ranked very high in having teen pregnancies (often in top ten) and actually comes in higher than Texas for abortion rates. Maybe folks should be just as concerned about taking their daughters to Florida!
And while I am not happy at all with my state being ranked #3 in the nation for teen birth rates, what gets me is that there are two other states with high even higher rates that do not get mentioned in these articles. One state that consistently comes in higher than Texas is New Mexico. Arizona is usually high on the list as well.
There are many reasons for the high rates; very poor sex education in schools and the lack of family support and sex education in homes due to the religious and political climates are at the top of the list. And not to be a racist, just stating facts, if one will look closely, the US / Mexico border states tend to have higher rates in teen sex, pregnancies, abortions and birth rates than the rest of the country. Part of this stems from the fact that many want to have so called "anchor" babies (babies born in the US are US citizens) and many come across the border already pregnant or get pregnant soon after entering the US which adds to the birth rates since only the births occurring in each state are counted and not the ethnic background and/or where one was impregnated.
Regardless, it is a serious problem that needs to be addressed ASAP, and folks need to get over their biased religious and political views and step up to do the right thing.
You're on the point. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California all have one thing in common. A common boarder with Mexico.

Florida is unique only in that is 100 miles from Cuba. Which means all five states have one thing in common. Huge Hispanic populations. Just a fact.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#18 Oct 24, 2011
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, don't complain to me. Was a direct quote from Loius Gossett in 'Officer nad a Gentleman'
Louis Gossett is from California-lived along Coronado Beach I believe.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#19 Oct 24, 2011
tampabayallstar wrote:
Everyone gets screwed in Texas.
Well, that's not really a fair statement. You gotta get a permit from the Parks and Wildlife Department before you can get screwed in Texas. Come to think of it, you gotta get a permit from the State of Texas if you desire to be the screwer. You can get the combo permit and save $2.00.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could Texas become its own country? (Apr '09) Jun 29 Farter 227
News Cheryl Hall: Memories of '80s bust temper glee ... (Jan '15) Jun 28 Wrangler Farts 5
News First drive: 2015 Chrysler 300 (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mr California 3
News Is Texas really turning into California? Jan '15 Charles Barkley 5
News Is Perry eying White House? (Jan '15) Jan '15 tha Professor 115
News Democrats boasted of turnout in Texas. They got... (Nov '14) Nov '14 AfterbirthFarts 57
News Elizabeth Pena dies at 55; actress in 'The Incr... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Big mike 2
More from around the web