Texas to Publishers: Less Islam, Please

Texas to Publishers: Less Islam, Please

There are 22 comments on the FOX News story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Texas to Publishers: Less Islam, Please. In it, FOX News reports that:

The Texas State Board of Education adopted a resolution Friday that seeks to curtail references to Islam in Texas textbooks, as social conservative board members warned of what they describe as a creeping Middle Eastern influence in the nation's publishing industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jimmy farter

Tampa, FL

#1 Sep 24, 2010
I might have to move to Texass - they got common sense & values down there!

sounds like the dumbocraps are trying very hard to push muslim terrorism & shit on Christian-God-loving Americans again! keep fighting the good fight for our kids!!!
More Gore

Milledgeville, GA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
"Board members rejected numerous opportunities today to pass a resolution that called on publishers to treat all religions with balance and accuracy in their textbooks,” she said in a statement.“It is hard not to conclude that the members who voted for this resolution were solely interested in playing on fear and bigotry in order to pit Christians against Muslims.”

----------

Bigotry is a fundamental tenet of Islam, and those who don't submit to their beliefs have good reason to fear Muslims. HELLO! We're talking about a belief system that puts out a death sentence on catoonists!
Blue Ray

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 24, 2010
jimmy farter wrote:
I might have to move to Texass - they got common sense & values down there!
sounds like the dumbocraps are trying very hard to push muslim terrorism & shit on Christian-God-loving Americans again! keep fighting the good fight for our kids!!!
c'mon on down, farter. I am in Dallas. We wont go down without a fight... Realistically, why in the hell should islam be all over the school textbooks? Isn't there enough violence anyway without having classes in "How to Bomb a Schoolbus," or maybe "How to smuggle explosives onto a plane in your underwear." These crazies do not need to be given latitude to indoctrinate our kids. They need to be sent back out there into the desert...

Since: Dec 09

Kailua, HI

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Good. The less, the better.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#5 Sep 24, 2010
It is the progressives and their anti-american push for "diversity" ... like seeking to include muslims, giving them credit for space technology they had no hand in ... so they "feel good"
religinuts

Laurinburg, NC

#6 Sep 25, 2010
More Gore wrote:
"Board members rejected numerous opportunities today to pass a resolution that called on publishers to treat all religions with balance and accuracy in their textbooks,” she said in a statement.“It is hard not to conclude that the members who voted for this resolution were solely interested in playing on fear and bigotry in order to pit Christians against Muslims.”
----------
Bigotry is a fundamental tenet of Islam,
bigotry is a fundemental part of religion in general.
More Gore

Milledgeville, GA

#7 Sep 25, 2010
religinuts wrote:
<quoted text> bigotry is a fundemental part of religion in general.
Some far more than others.
Indeed, bigotry is a fundmental part of atheism and political ideology and many other beliefs in life, but they don't go around killing people because they drew a cartoon of their "icon".
More Gore

Milledgeville, GA

#8 Sep 25, 2010
Blue Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
c'mon on down, farter. I am in Dallas. We wont go down without a fight... Realistically, why in the hell should islam be all over the school textbooks? Isn't there enough violence anyway without having classes in "How to Bomb a Schoolbus," or maybe "How to smuggle explosives onto a plane in your underwear." These crazies do not need to be given latitude to indoctrinate our kids. They need to be sent back out there into the desert...
...and what about the seperation of church amd state the Left is always straining on..?
Chicago Guys

Evanston, IL

#10 Sep 25, 2010
More Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what about the seperation of church amd state the Left is always straining on..?
Separation of Church and State means that if you teach comparative religious classes, you weight the religions you study equally.
eplion

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 26, 2010
According to the left, separation of church and state mean that we don't teach anything about Chrisianity but we'll teach about Islam. We can't call the terrorists radical Muslim terrorists but the people responsible for the inquisition were radical catholics.
Python

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Sep 26, 2010
" No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition!!!! "
Brad Pitt is Gay

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2010
This was possibly influenced by the Kid Rock sex video.
Texas republican

Arlington, TX

#15 May 9, 2011
Islam is a violent and intolerant cult.
Texas republican

Arlington, TX

#16 May 9, 2011
eplion wrote:
According to the left, separation of church and state mean that we don't teach anything about Chrisianity but we'll teach about Islam. We can't call the terrorists radical Muslim terrorists but the people responsible for the inquisition were radical catholics.
Very true.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#17 May 9, 2011
Yeah, were prejudice here in this country! If you're not white, or christian, or a man; or straight well then the constitution and all its liberty won't apply. We don't like people that are different, and if one extremist group attacks our country then their misguided view of Islam becomes our view of Islam. We avoid what we don't like, so if 1 billion people are muslim let's just pretend they don't exist. Lets not mention them in history books, just like slavery, and federalism. Hopefully all those different people will just disappear and as the old saying goes "if we forget the past we won't repeat it."
Genie Janie

Bloomington, IN

#18 May 9, 2011
Blue Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
c'mon on down, farter. I am in Dallas. We wont go down without a fight... Realistically, why in the hell should islam be all over the school textbooks? Isn't there enough violence anyway without having classes in "How to Bomb a Schoolbus," or maybe "How to smuggle explosives onto a plane in your underwear." These crazies do not need to be given latitude to indoctrinate our kids. They need to be sent back out there into the desert...
Unfortunately that is the method of "education" today in public schools--indoctrination. Doesn't matter whether it's Muslim or whatever. We need to get back to really educating the kids in the core subjects. Other countries area already ahead of us because we are too busy with our selected social agendas that change with each political and social whim.

So here is a charge to parents out there: Just how much intellectual discussion goes on in your house? Or do you just believe anything the t.v., radio or computer tells you? Teach your kids to WEIGH things.
Genie Janie

Bloomington, IN

#19 May 9, 2011
Arminus wrote:
Good. The less, the better.
Know thine enemy.
Genie Janie

Bloomington, IN

#20 May 9, 2011
religinuts wrote:
<quoted text> bigotry is a fundemental part of religion in general.
Truly a blanket, ignorant statement.
Genie Janie

Bloomington, IN

#21 May 9, 2011
eplion wrote:
According to the left, separation of church and state mean that we don't teach anything about Chrisianity but we'll teach about Islam. We can't call the terrorists radical Muslim terrorists but the people responsible for the inquisition were radical catholics.
That IS essentially what has happened.
Genie Janie

Bloomington, IN

#22 May 9, 2011
Zagreos Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, were prejudice here in this country! If you're not white, or christian, or a man; or straight well then the constitution and all its liberty won't apply. We don't like people that are different, and if one extremist group attacks our country then their misguided view of Islam becomes our view of Islam. We avoid what we don't like, so if 1 billion people are muslim let's just pretend they don't exist. Lets not mention them in history books, just like slavery, and federalism. Hopefully all those different people will just disappear and as the old saying goes "if we forget the past we won't repeat it."
Nice rant. Now try analyzing what you said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Strait Accepts Texan of the Year Award: ... Apr 3 REGARDS FARTS 2
News Lone Star State Emits Most Greehouse Gases in C... (Sep '09) Feb '18 GOOD FARTS 4
News The Left Is Eager to See an Undocumented Immigr... Oct '17 Laredo 12
News California conservatives, tired of state's libe... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Laredo 1
News The Texas Bracket: George Strait voted Most Texan (Mar '17) Mar '17 brtty johnson 1
News Many community college students lack reliable f... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Reliable Phart 1
News Trump could make courthouse arrests of illegal ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Wildchild 15