Texas oil country sees the downturn c...

Texas oil country sees the downturn coming

There are 2 comments on the The Victoria Advocate story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Texas oil country sees the downturn coming. In it, The Victoria Advocate reports that:

January 21, 2009 - 1:36 p.m. In the West Texas oil patch, they can see the downturn coming at them from miles away like a pickup truck kicking up a dust cloud on the horizon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Victoria Advocate.

tony

Midland, TX

#1 Jan 24, 2009
Your article says the population of Midland is 98,000, and that is incorrect. The population of Midland was over 100,000 just before the oil boom began, and is probably well over 110,000 now.
Your article mentions a downturn in sales of homes, but doesn't say how many new homes have been constructed yearly since the oil boom began compared to before the boom.
Laurie

Stockton, CA

#2 Jan 26, 2009
The downturn in home sales has finally put some negotiating options into the hands of buyers and those of us looking to lease. It's also finally put some inventory into a market that was lacking of homes to choose from. The foreclosure rate has not started climbing in this area, and believe me, there are still plenty of jobs here. Maybe they aren't $2,000/week jobs, but i guarantee you there are jobs here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Texas Bracket: George Strait voted Most Texan Mar '17 brtty johnson 1
News Many community college students lack reliable f... Mar '17 Reliable Phart 1
News Trump could make courthouse arrests of illegal ... Mar '17 Wildchild 15
News Will a wall stop illegal immigration? 32 minute... (May '16) Jun '16 ronnie 22
News Texas Republicans not quite ready to secede (May '16) May '16 Three Days Paleo 9
News Allows Illegal Aliens to Adopt Children (May '16) May '16 tomin cali 12
News Conviction Integrity Units Expand Beyond Lone S... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Farter 3
More from around the web