Lawmakers determined to halt illegal immigration

There are 20 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 27, 2008, titled Lawmakers determined to halt illegal immigration. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Watching as states around the country take immigration into their own hands, Texas lawmakers who failed last year to crack down on illegal border crossers have vowed to catch up in 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
debe71tx

Brownwood, TX

#6 Apr 27, 2008
The Gov of Texas should be ashamed. He panders to Mexico every chance he gets. Texas has been taken over by illegal aliens, and he does nothing....just funnels more millions to take care of them as they come, while our young people can't go to college, our citizens have no insurance, the roads are decaying, hospitals are closing, and the middle class is moving toward poverty in a nanosecond. Thank you Perry for housing illegals while our citizens do without. Thank you Perry for building houses for illegals in the colonias while poor citizens are without, and our veterans are on the street. Thank Perry for the dirty deeds you have committed while serving the people of Texas
She Be Me

AOL

#7 Apr 27, 2008
Texas is finely waking up to the Illegal alien invasion. Good for them!
Joe

United States

#8 Apr 27, 2008
It's about time. We either have immigration laws or we don't. Is it really reasonable to throw open the doors and invite all the impoverished of the world to move in, take welfare if they choose to, have babies here at taxpayer expense and then be given welfare and WIC?

Is there on other nation on earth that has no immigration laws or borders of any kind? It's absurd to think we can just import unlimited numbers of people with oil prices as high as they are and to allow people to chose which laws they care to obey is just as absurd.
michelia

El Paso, TX

#9 Apr 27, 2008
I cross ocean,
poor and broke,
Take bus,
see employment folk.

Nice man treat me
good in there,
Say I need to
see welfare.

Welfare say,
'You come no more,
We send cash
right to your door.'

Welfare checks,
they make you wealthy,
Medicaid it keep
you healthy!

By and by,
I get plenty money,
Thanks to you,
American dummy.

Write to friends
in motherland,
Tell them 'come
fast as you can.'

They come in turbans
and Ford trucks,
I buy big house
with welfare bucks

They come here,
we live together,
More welfare checks,
it gets better!

Fourteen families,
they moving in,
But neighbor's patience
wearing thin.

Finally, white guy
moves away,
Now I buy his house,
and then I say,
'Find more aliens
for house to rent.'
And in the yard
I put a tent.

Send for family
they just trash,
But they, too,
draw the welfare cash!
Everything is
very good,
And soon we
own the neighborhood.

We have hobby
it's called breeding,
Welfare pay
for baby feeding.

Kid's need dentist?
Wife's need pills?
We get free!
We got no bills!

American's crazy!
He pay all year,
To keep welfare
running here.

We think America
darn good place!
Too darn good for
the white man race.
If they no like us, they can
scram,
Got lots of room in Pakistan .
Brittanicus

Cathedral City, CA

#10 Apr 27, 2008
Any police department can help (ICE) by questioning the status of any person, residing in the United States?

STATE ENFORCEMENT IS WORKING BETTER THAN EXPECTED!! OH! OKLAHOMA!

As reported in the London, British media and other national papers around the world. A very high profile article appears in the London Telegraph, UK media. It’s so embarrassing that the US press is so liberally biased in it’s reporting, that they never offer an open book to reader. Most of the time you getter better researched and unsuppressed reporting from foreign sources.

‘Unemployment rates are have dramatically risen across the United States, except in Oklahoma. That state is experiencing the most dramatic reduction in unemployment since 2007, an improvement many in Oklahoma attribute to the passage last year by the state legislature of a strong predator employment sanctions law.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday reported unemployment in Oklahoma had fallen to 3.1 percent in March, down from 4 percent in March last year, while unemployment nationwide was 5.1 percent, up from 4.4 percent in March last year.

“Oklahoma is no longer ‘OK’ for illegal aliens,” said State Rep. Randy Terrill, who sponsored House Bill 1804 which passed by overwhelming majorities last year in both the House (84-14) and Senate (41-6) of the Oklahoma Legislature.

“The bottom line is illegal aliens will not come here if there are no jobs waiting for them,” Terrill said.“They will not stay here if there is no government handouts, and they certainly won’t stay here if they know that if they ever encounter our state and local law enforcement officers, they will be physically detained until (ICE) arrives.

States like California need to take notice that they had a $9 billion budget meltdown, according to California Assemblywoman Mimi Walters, a Republican from Oceanside

Now you can read the disturbing details in the new 70-page document called “The Economic and Fiscal Impact of Immigration” by Edwin S. Rubenstein ( eagleforum.org/sources ). A Manhattan Institute adjunct academic with a mile-long scholarly resume, he has been doing financial analysis ever since he directed the studies of government waste for the Grace Commission of 1984.

Keep calling your Congressmen today, and demand they co-author The Federal SAVE ACT (H.R. 4088). Toll free at 18778516437 and 18662200044 & 12022243121 AND REGISTER YOUR OUTRAGE.

Also petition to build the border fence as originally planned at grassfire.

Please copy and paste and distribute freely.

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#11 Apr 27, 2008
Joe wrote:
It's about time. We either have immigration laws or we don't. Is it really reasonable to throw open the doors and invite all the impoverished of the world to move in, take welfare if they choose to, have babies here at taxpayer expense and then be given welfare and WIC?
Is there on other nation on earth that has no immigration laws or borders of any kind? It's absurd to think we can just import unlimited numbers of people with oil prices as high as they are and to allow people to chose which laws they care to obey is just as absurd.
I went to my local Walmart last night and it was like a three ring circus there.
In every line there were hordes of hispanics with three to four loaded carts of food.
I waited in line behind one family for 25 minutes.
their grocery bill rang up to the grand total of $268.47! What food stamps didn't cover...the WIC vouchers did.
I was talking junk too. The lady behind me began "venting" as well.
I told her to just take a look at all the lines and observe what was going on.
The place was overrun with mexicans. All the females were pregnant and already had infants; along with other children.
They are being encouraged to reproduce. It is a part of the "take over" to out-number Americans.
Of course the entitlements are a fringe benefit. Americans need to wake up. This is no longer just an issue of illegal immigration...it's an invasion of our country.
Tired of Mexico

United States

#12 Apr 27, 2008
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>I went to my local Walmart last night and it was like a three ring circus there.
In every line there were hordes of hispanics with three to four loaded carts of food.
their grocery bill rang up to the grand total of $268.47! What food stamps didn't cover...the WIC vouchers did.
The place was overrun with mexicans. All the females were pregnant and already had infants; along with other children.
They are being encouraged to reproduce. It is a part of the "take over" to out-number Americans.
Of course the entitlements are a fringe benefit. Americans need to wake up. This is no longer just an issue of illegal immigration...it's an invasion of our country.
I have been saying this is an invasion by Mexicans for years, Now most of my friends finally understand. Keep writing you're Senator and Congressman, It is working; They are starting to get the message..People say all the time that Illegal Mexicans cannot recieve food stamps, But like you, I see it everyday. So they are either stealing the food stamp cards or giving false SS info. They send millions and millions of dollars back to their country without paying any taxes on, Yet they file income taxes on small amounts to recieve the earned income credit for their anchor kids. What a racket...
Gaser

United States

#13 Apr 27, 2008
Two can play that game .
For now on every time you see a hungry homeless Vet on the corners begging for money , make him get on his knees and throw it at him , hopefully in front of oncoming traffic, And then report him to animal control so they can pick him up and the police .
Bren

Elizabeth, PA

#14 Apr 27, 2008
Tired of Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been saying this is an invasion by Mexicans for years, Now most of my friends finally understand. Keep writing you're Senator and Congressman, It is working; They are starting to get the message..People say all the time that Illegal Mexicans cannot recieve food stamps, But like you, I see it everyday. So they are either stealing the food stamp cards or giving false SS info. They send millions and millions of dollars back to their country without paying any taxes on, Yet they file income taxes on small amounts to recieve the earned income credit for their anchor kids. What a racket...
As soon as they have an anchor baby on US soil---that makes them automatically able to get foodstamps, WIC, welfare for the kid, even if they are ILLEGALS!!!!

The illegals themselves just buy themselves fraudulent documents---birth certificates, SS numbers, and drivers' licenses for less than $100. In other words----they steal the identities/SS numbers of US citizens!!!
Bren

Elizabeth, PA

#16 Apr 27, 2008
<quoted text>I went to my local Walmart last night and it was like a three ring circus there.
Someone suggested on another site.......

Follow them home in order to get their license plate number and address.

Then, contact the Welfare office to turn them in for fraud----ESPECIALLY if they are driving a brand new/expensive vehicle!!!
Bowman

Lompoc, CA

#17 Apr 27, 2008
This would be huge if Texas can get this passed because there are millions of illegals and anchors there. Half would probably go back home, the other half would go to other states causing the other states to pass similar laws. A few states run by the PC brain dead like CA, NY, and IL probably would not kick their illegals out but I think the remainder would.
Bowman

Lompoc, CA

#18 Apr 27, 2008
"At the very least, Berman said, Texas should implement laws that punish employers who hire undocumented workers, should make English the state's official language, should require photo identification for voting and should restrict noncitizens' access to public benefits.

By not stopping illegal immigration, he said, elected leaders are allowing "multiculturalism to prevail and flourish."

Actually Mr. Berman it is more than "multiculturalism" it is "multinationalism", it is millions of foreigners who pledge allegiance to a foreign power instead of the USA.
Pale Face

AOL

#19 Apr 27, 2008
Tired of Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to it white boy, America is turning brown. Remeber the days of the signs that read... No Dogs, No Negroes, No Mexicans, now the sign will just read: No White Trash.

May all your children marry a Mexican.
TooBadWhitey

AOL

#20 Apr 27, 2008
Better take a course in Spanish. Mexico is annexing the USA right under you.
Jean Baptise Truong

Lompoc, CA

#21 Apr 27, 2008
Pale Face wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my children marry whites and Chinese. Mexicans in the USA are too uneducated.
El Pasoan

United States

#22 Apr 27, 2008
Mexico needs to start to take care of its people so they can stay in their land. if all of Mexico is going to try and move to the USA then just turn Mexico into the USA. Mexico is starting to look like a just pass through here country.
Tired of Mexico

United States

#23 Apr 27, 2008
Bren wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone suggested on another site.......
Follow them home in order to get their license plate number and address.
Then, contact the Welfare office to turn them in for fraud----ESPECIALLY if they are driving a brand new/expensive vehicle!!!
Great Idea. My friends and I will implement this policy ASAP..
Tired of Mexico

United States

#24 Apr 27, 2008
Pale Face wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to it white boy, America is turning brown. Remeber the days of the signs that read... No Dogs, No Negroes, No Mexicans, now the sign will just read: No White Trash.
Well Most of my children like to F a Mexican, But never marry it...And yes it is turning brown in some states, only because you're brothers forget about hygine. Remember thats why they make toilet paper so you guys would quit using you're hands.
POOR brown person...
Learn to write

El Paso, TX

#25 Apr 28, 2008
Tired of Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Most of my children like to F a Mexican, But never marry it...And yes it is turning brown in some states, only because you're brothers forget about hygine. Remember that's why they make toilet paper so you guys would quit using you're hands.
POOR brown person...
You call yourself a "native" to this country. Man! I bet you write the same way some illegals write. You are a shame to this country, "hygine" I guess you meant H Y G I E N E. I can understand that word since it's not common but writing "you're" instead of YOUR! Go back to school and finish high school before bashing people that at least can say they were not born in this country. What is your excuse?
Basura

AOL

#26 Apr 28, 2008
About time all the white trash becomes the minority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First drive: 2015 Chrysler 300 Jan '15 Mr California 3
News Is Texas really turning into California? Jan '15 Charles Barkley 5
News Cheryl Hall: Memories of '80s bust temper glee ... Jan '15 Farts 3
News Is Perry eying White House? Jan '15 tha Professor 115
News Democrats boasted of turnout in Texas. They got... (Nov '14) Nov '14 AfterbirthFarts 57
News Elizabeth Pena dies at 55; actress in 'The Incr... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Big mike 2
News Texas Ed Board Adopts Resolution Limiting Islam (Sep '10) Jun '14 Ravenclaw 47
More from around the web