Concert Review: Lonestar and Diamond Rio

Concert Review: Lonestar and Diamond Rio

There are 9 comments on the The Morning Call story from Aug 10, 2008, titled Concert Review: Lonestar and Diamond Rio. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Lonestar promised to ditch the soft, cuddly, family stuff that former lead singer Richie McDonald favored and pursue a new direction with youthful frontman Cody Collins.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

watchoutpeople

Unityville, PA

#1 Aug 10, 2008
Thank goodness for some country music anything is better then years ago when they let those Liberians sing on stage!
patricia self

AOL

#2 Aug 10, 2008
I attended the concert last night. I thought Lonestar did a great job and sounded wonderful. I really liked the new lead singer Cody Collins which reminded me a lot of Keith Urban. I liked the direction the band is taking. Diamond Rio also was good and I was pleasantly pleased with their performance. The crowd however was just awful and clearly didn't appreciate the effort the bands were putting into their performances. Between the lackluster crowd and the venue security not letting the crowd stand up toward the stage till the last couple of songs it meant for a very strange night. I don't blame Lonestar's for the crowd being so lame they did all they could to get those people to enjoy some good music.
Medic144

Glen Lyon, PA

#3 Aug 10, 2008
I thought the concert was ok. It is the job of the band to get the crowd into it. Diamond Rio expected people to be rowdy about its music. Its been quite some time since they were last here. Everyone got into it though eventually. The hour to fix the "technical difficulties" ruined the momentum and lots of folks had to decide if they like the new sound of lonestar. They are not bad but I was so dissapointed I left early. Perhaps its being jaded by the old sound of lonestar. I might have been more excited if we heard more of the new stuff on the radio. The radio stations are able to get singles prior to the album release. I was expecting the lonestar I hear on Cat Country, now what showed up last night.
Kristin

Easton, PA

#4 Aug 10, 2008
Best statement in that article- no "Mr. Mom". I lost all interest in Lonestar when that song came out and now we just need Lonestar to convince Cat Country 96 that they've moved so that we never have to hear that piece of audio tripe ever again.
css66

Allentown, PA

#5 Aug 10, 2008
Beautiful Mess.. I love that song.
jay jay

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Aug 11, 2008
I was at the concert...Personally, I think Diamond Rio was much better than Lonestar! Their Redneck Love Gone Bad song was great!!

Since: Feb 08

Allentown

#7 Aug 11, 2008
These bands never were country to begin with.
trish

Pensacola, FL

#8 Aug 13, 2008
The tech difficulty was a bummer. I enjoyed Diamond Rio's show but I beg to say that Lonestar was incrediably better and they did a great job. Not here really to compare the two bands. But we love the new songs that they had as well as the older hits. I do wish I could hear more of the new songs on the radio. Looking forward to seeing more of Lonestar in the future and hearing the new cd when it comes out. The concerts are always better when you are able to get up close and personal and the crowd seems to get into it better.
Medic144

Wilkes Barre, PA

#9 Aug 16, 2008
A lot of what's on today's country radio is not country..it's 70's country all over again. I grew up with my dad listening to Hank Sr. Johnny, Red, and the possum. Damn I am showing my age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Strait Accepts Texan of the Year Award: ... Fri judy 3
News Lone Star State Emits Most Greehouse Gases in C... (Sep '09) Feb '18 GOOD FARTS 4
News The Left Is Eager to See an Undocumented Immigr... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Laredo 12
News California conservatives, tired of state's libe... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Laredo 1
News The Texas Bracket: George Strait voted Most Texan (Mar '17) Mar '17 brtty johnson 1
News Many community college students lack reliable f... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Reliable Phart 1
News Trump could make courthouse arrests of illegal ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Wildchild 15