Texas wants proof of legal immigratio...

Texas wants proof of legal immigration before issuing driver's license

There are 365 comments on the www.chron.com story from Oct 9, 2008, titled Texas wants proof of legal immigration before issuing driver's license. In it, www.chron.com reports that:

In a clampdown on illegal immigrants, the Texas Department of Public Safety has adopted a new policy requiring non-citizens to prove they are in this country legally before they can obtain or renew a driver's license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.chron.com.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2008
That is misleading! Perry is giving drivers licenses to ILLEGALS, he says they will look different.

"The immigrant driver's licenses will look different than regular licenses so that they are immediately recognizable to police, Perry said"

BIG MISTAKE! THEY SHOULD GET NOTHING THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY! JUST WATCH THE 'PRO 'IMMIGRANT' ATTORNEYS WILL CRY DISCRIMINATION!

United States

#2 Oct 9, 2008
The Mexican government is going around this nation GIVING PASSPORTS OUT TO THOSE ALREADY HERE..

NOW I KNOW WHY!

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Hundreds of Mexican Immigrants To Apply For Passports
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.as...

Davidson County -- Hundreds of Mexican immigrants living in North Carolina could receive a valid form of identification Saturday.
Representatives from the Mexican Consulate will travel to Lexington to issue passports. The consulate will set-up at Grace Episcopal Church.

"I felt this was an opportunity for people to get an official document that they can count on and rely on," explained Davidson County Clerk of Court Brian Shipwash. His office invited the Mexican Consolidate to Lexington.

A Mexican passport will help immigrants apply for bank accounts, acquire housing and pay taxes, Shipwash said. "We will have documentation of an individual, whether they came here illegally or legally," he added. "This does not make them legal citizens of the United States. This simply is a legal form of documentation."

By having representatives from the Mexican Consulate travel from Raleigh to Lexington, Shipwash said immigrants living in Davidson County can apply for a passport closer to home and benefit from a quick turn around time. "In some cases, they could walk away with their passports the same day if they have the correct documentation," he explained.
close excerpt:
Glory

Moreno Valley, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2008
Why are they being allowed to do this? Who is Mexihole to determine whether or not an illegal alien is legal here in the United States.

“PlainThoughtsDel iveredRoughly”

Since: Aug 07

TheUniverseBendsTowardsJustice

#5 Oct 9, 2008
Perry is an ass and a traitor!
Tinka

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 9, 2008
What a joke a passport is only god for a visa...

A stamp that lasts the most 6 month is it?

So who is placing the stamp in the Mexican passports, the American Consulate, which by law it requires one if you want to enter legally with a passport into the US...

And what and who lets this kind of crap happening?

man oh man...

Well AIG just got another 38 billion or so for their bailout, listen that passport no matter what can't be considered as anything other than having the right to stay here as a tourist or a student in the US of A...
It's meant for travel and it is not used for a permanent ID to receive loans etc...

What a crock indeed
Tinka

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 9, 2008
I swear there's no Government in this fricking nation what so ever, as of yet it is a joke an absolute joke...it's run by nothing but idiots and serves absolute zilch...
Whitey

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2008
Love it--any little bit helps --keep it up!

United States

#9 Oct 9, 2008
Whitey wrote:
Love it--any little bit helps --keep it up!
?

United States

#10 Oct 9, 2008
Glory wrote:
Why are they being allowed to do this? Who is Mexihole to determine whether or not an illegal alien is legal here in the United States.
Now that is pretty much what I ask myself, Glory. It went something like this..

I had wondered why this was happening. Really, what is the point? Wouldn't people from Mexico, here in the U.S.A. LEGALLY, already have passports?

Today, I read, "Gov. Rick Perry "wants proof of legal immigration, before issuing a driver's license." Gee would you breathe a sigh of relief reading that headline?

The article went on to read:

"The immigrant driver's licenses will look different than regular licenses so that they are immediately recognizable to police, Perry said "

Excuse me? The "Immigrants" WILL get a drivers license.

Lets add these two things together, shall we? The Mexican Consulate in North Carolina is traveling around passing out passports, that people can obtain THAT DAY! Could they be doing that in Texas as well?

"Hundreds of Mexican immigrants living in North Carolina could receive a valid form of identification Saturday.
Representatives from the Mexican Consulate will travel to Lexington to issue passports."

"By having representatives from the Mexican Consulate travel from Raleigh to Lexington, Shipwash said immigrants living in Davidson County can apply for a passport closer to home and benefit from a quick turn around time.

"In some cases, THEY COULD WALK AWAY WITH THEIR PASSPORTS THE SAME DAY, if they have the correct documentation," he explained. "

Geesh! Who is going to believe those are at all valid? Where is our government? This was announced in the paper for pete's sake!

Did you ever apply for a passport? Did you get it the same day?

excerpt were from:
"Hundreds of Mexican Immigrants To Apply For Passports"
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.as .

_____

#11 Oct 9, 2008
SEAN HANNITY, OF HANNITY & COLMES ~ FOX NEWS, IS GOING TO AIR A VERY
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTARY ABOUT BARACK OBAMA, SUNDAY NIGHT AT 9:00 PM. HE STATED
ON THE AIR THIS EVENING THAT NO ONE IN THE NEWS MEDIA WAS WILLING TO DO THIS.
HANNITY IS GOING BACK TO OBAMA'S EARLIER DAYS, SHOWING EVEN THEN HIS TIES TO
RADICAL PROFESSORS, FRIENDS, SPIRITUAL ADVISERS, Etc., HE STATED THIS EVENING
THAT HE WILL SHOW IN DETAIL HIS TIES TO REV. WRIGHT FOR 20+ YRS (which we all
know) HOW HE WAS PARTICIPATING WITH THIS MAN, AND NOT FOR THE REASONS HE
STATES! HE HAS UNCOVERED MORE OF OBAMA'S RADICAL LEADERS AND WE WILL SEE
THINGS THAT NO ONE IN THE MEDIA IS WILLING TO PUT OUT THERE. THIS WILL BE A
NIGHT THAT YOU WILL KNOW MORE ABOUT OBAMA THAN EVER BEFORE. HANNITY IS VERY
PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM AND ASKED THAT EVERYONE PLEASE, PLEASE WATCH~~
SUNDAY NIGHT, 9 PM.

HANNITY IS DETERMINED THIS INFORMATION BE PUT OUT THERE BECAUSE AS
AMERICAN'S, WE STILL DO NOT KNOW ABOUT OBAMA!! WAKE UP AMERICA !! THIS IS
SERIOUS,EVERYONE. I KNOW MOST OF YOU WATCH FOX NEWS, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
VOTING FOR, BUT IF YOU CAN, PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. THIS IS
CRITICAL FOR OUR COUNTRY. MY PRAYER IS THAT WE, ALONG WITH SEAN HANNITY, WILL
REACH SOMEONE/ANYONE BEFORE NOV. 4th.
WE MUST NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2008
Captain Jack wrote:
Perry is an ass and a traitor!
YES he is!(he sold our roads in a secret deal too but that is a different subject) OMG! It never ends THE TRAITORS ARE EVERYWHERE!
Mike

Fairfield, CA

#13 Oct 9, 2008
At least there is a bright spot in the illegal immigration issue. It was reported in the San Francisco Chronicle that, Mayor Gavin Newsom, is moving to distance himself from San Francisco's "sanctuary city" position. He has pledged to cooperation fully with the federal investitation of San Francisco's policy toward illegals. The onus will now fall on the citie's board of supervisors. They are the ones who must abolish the "sanctuary city" status.
Los Angeles is also under a federal investigaion for it's "sanctuary city" staus.
If California is now moving away from welcoming illegals, we (as a nation) now have a chance to pull the rug completely out from under illegals and send them packing.
Jrdn

Los Gatos, CA

#14 Oct 9, 2008
But Jim Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, said the policy change is a bad idea because illegal immigrants are going to drive anyway.

"People have to drive to get to work. You want people to get (auto) insurance. They can't get insurance if they don't have a driver's license," he said.

==========

What a joke this guy is. He is advocating that these people be able to drive to jobs they are not legally permitted to have. He wants to 'pancake' being here illegally, driving here illegally, working and living here illegally. Gee, wouldn't all Americans love to get that much support from our representatives to repeatedly break laws.

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

#15 Oct 9, 2008
No he is right...you have to have a driver´s license to have insurance and if someone hits me, white, black, brown, legal, or not...I want them to have insurance...makes sense. Yes, they should be marked differently but the state isn´t immigration and has the obligation to protect citizens in whatever way possible from being hit by an uninsured driver. We allow people who have DUI´s to have restricted licenses when they shouldn´t have a license at all, but they figure they are going to need to drive to go to work, the same ideology should be applied here.

#16 Oct 9, 2008
Summermoondancer wrote:
No he is right...you have to have a driver´s license to have insurance and if someone hits me, white, black, brown, legal, or not...I want them to have insurance...makes sense. Yes, they should be marked differently but the state isn´t immigration and has the obligation to protect citizens in whatever way possible from being hit by an uninsured driver. We allow people who have DUI´s to have restricted licenses when they shouldn´t have a license at all, but they figure they are going to need to drive to go to work, the same ideology should be applied here.
Why? The risk is far to great to give an inch . We have given all that we can afford and more . Its time they just go back to where they came from.

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2008
Captain Jack wrote:
<quoted text> Why? The risk is far to great to give an inch . We have given all that we can afford and more . Its time they just go back to where they came from.
YES!!!!! Tell it Captain!

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

#18 Oct 9, 2008
Captain Jack wrote:
<quoted text> Why? The risk is far to great to give an inch . We have given all that we can afford and more . Its time they just go back to where they came from.
Really...try telling that to someone who has ever been hit and injured by a non insured driver legal or not.

United States

#19 Oct 9, 2008
Jrdn wrote:
But Jim Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, said the policy change is a bad idea because illegal immigrants are going to drive anyway.
"People have to drive to get to work. You want people to get (auto) insurance. They can't get insurance if they don't have a driver's license," he said.
==========
What a joke this guy is. He is advocating that these people be able to drive to jobs they are not legally permitted to have. He wants to 'pancake' being here illegally, driving here illegally, working and living here illegally. Gee, wouldn't all Americans love to get that much support from our representatives to repeatedly break laws.
Jrdn great to see you. Where have you been? I have always appreciated your posts. Sure who wouldn't welcome some help from DC? Certainly the citizens of this nation are past due for some representation that upholds our Constitution. Sadly we have been sold out by Traitors.
Ella

San Antonio, TX

#20 Oct 9, 2008
A step further needs to be taken, unless I overlooked it. And that is a LEGAL immigrant be issued a drivers license only if he can prove he has a vehicle AND insurance coverage for the period of time the licnse is issued. Of course conniving people exist, so they would also need to prove that the insurance has been paid for the ENTIRE TIME of their granted license. These people don't want to have to pay car insurance. So just sit back and WATCH THEM RUN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will a wall stop illegal immigration? 32 minute... Jun 3 ronnie 22
News Texas Republicans not quite ready to secede May '16 Three Days Paleo 9
News Allows Illegal Aliens to Adopt Children May '16 tomin cali 12
News Conviction Integrity Units Expand Beyond Lone S... Mar '16 Farter 3
News Governor Abbott offers constitutional amendment... Jan '16 wild child 1
News Hidden monument discovered near Stonehenge (Sep '15) Jan '16 langham science d... 3
News Texans can now stroll around public places whil... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Super Texan92 5
More from around the web