Perry Warns Bernanke: It Could Get 'P...

Perry Warns Bernanke: It Could Get 'Pretty Ugly' in Texas

There are 113 comments on the blogs.wsj.com story from Aug 16, 2011, titled Perry Warns Bernanke: It Could Get 'Pretty Ugly' in Texas. In it, blogs.wsj.com reports that:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said that things could get 'ugly' in the Lone Star State for Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke if the Fed embarks on another round of quantitative easing.

Is Perry, who attended the Bilderberg conference with Ben Bernanke, just stealing Ron Paul's words?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.wsj.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#1 Aug 16, 2011
Rick Perry displays the kind of temperament and tact required to be the leader of the free world, NOT!
I love it; just what this country needs… the 2nd coming of George W. Bush, LOL… President Obama has got to be the luckiest politician ever to have the fortune of having an idiot like this as his challenger for 2012.
Dorian

Hanover, MA

#2 Aug 16, 2011
Rick Perry is 'pretty ugly' with all his competitors....it is all he's got! Ugggggg!!!
okie dokie

Suffolk, VA

#3 Aug 16, 2011
patty cake, mickey mouse could beat odumbo by a landslide.were you born that ignorant or did you grow into it. fake azz marine

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#4 Aug 16, 2011
Rick Scarey does ugly well.

The racism is so prevalent in his speeches, calling Obama a "black cloud" and saying he would "restore the military's pride in serving under the commander in chief."

RACISM designed to appeal to the Republican Fleagagging public.
Realist

Gibsonville, NC

#6 Aug 16, 2011
Perry hit the ball out of the park with his comment dealing with the Military. Obama is an embarrassment to the rank and file of all branches as their Commander in Chief. He is perceived as one that is incapable of understanding the threats in the world which puts the nation in danger.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Aug 16, 2011
If Texas was smart, they would secede...they have all the natural resources they need, they could live without interference with DC, and lot of folks would welcome a move to a country that is like this one used to be....Instead of retiring/moving to Costa Rica or Australia, disgruntled former Americans could move to Texas.

I can't think of a downside, can you?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 16, 2011
If it's "ugly" in Texas (and it unquestionably is) it's because of the incompetence and ideological extremism of Perry and Texas reTHUGlicans. They've provided nothing but low-paying jobs while cutting benefits to those in need, turning education over to the religious Right, and destroying the state's environment, or letting big Energy do so.

Perry should never, EVER be allowed near the White House; he's not just 'Bush Lite,' he's 'Bush STUPID'(or 'stupider').
harvey

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 16, 2011
Realist wrote:
Perry hit the ball out of the park with his comment dealing with the Military. Obama is an embarrassment to the rank and file of all branches as their Commander in Chief. He is perceived as one that is incapable of understanding the threats in the world which puts the nation in danger.
Another Rightie fearmonger who can't raise the "Defense" budget high enough due to imagined "dangers" on all side - "dangers" the military-industrial complex has created in order to maintain their bloated funding.

Obama's big failure is that he plays the reTHUGlican game on "Defense" - spending too much money and fighting too many wars.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 16, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
If Texas was smart, they would secede...they have all the natural resources they need, they could live without interference with DC, and lot of folks would welcome a move to a country that is like this one used to be....Instead of retiring/moving to Costa Rica or Australia, disgruntled former Americans could move to Texas.
I can't think of a downside, can you?
Nope - most of us would be happy to get rid of Texas. Or Florida...or Georgia...:)
Ex-GOP

Houston, TX

#11 Aug 16, 2011
Thanks for the shock and awe Rick Bush.

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#12 Aug 16, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
If Texas was smart, they would secede...they have all the natural resources they need, they could live without interference with DC, and lot of folks would welcome a move to a country that is like this one used to be....Instead of retiring/moving to Costa Rica or Australia, disgruntled former Americans could move to Texas.
I can't think of a downside, can you?
We have thought about it. We haven't figured out how to keep the liberals out yet nor have we figured out a way to deport the ones that are already here.
Richard Bruce Cheney

Brooksville, FL

#13 Aug 16, 2011
I fully support Governor Rick Perry because he's spot on with his military thinking ...... war is good business. Keep the munitions factories rolling 24 / 7.

http://www.costofwar.com
Ex-GOP

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 16, 2011
Perry went begging the federal government for money.

If they seceded, they would have to raise their taxes to cover their own butts.
inbred Genius wrote:
If Texas was smart, they would secede...they have all the natural resources they need, they could live without interference with DC, and lot of folks would welcome a move to a country that is like this one used to be....Instead of retiring/moving to Costa Rica or Australia, disgruntled former Americans could move to Texas.
I can't think of a downside, can you?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#15 Aug 16, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Rick Perry displays the kind of temperament and tact required to be the leader of the free world, NOT!
I love it; just what this country needs… the 2nd coming of George W. Bush, LOL… President Obama has got to be the luckiest politician ever to have the fortune of having an idiot like this as his challenger for 2012.
President Obama came face-to-face with the Tea Party last night in Iowa, clashing with members during and after a town hall last night.

Ryan Rhodes, a group leader in the Hawkeye State, stood up and shouted a question during a town hall asking the president how he can call for more civility when "your vice president is calling people like me, a Tea Party member, a 'terrorist.'"

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Aug 16, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - most of us would be happy to get rid of Texas. Or Florida...or Georgia...:)
Why don't you move to NY, Cuba or California.........they are havens for commies........
Ex-GOP

Houston, TX

#17 Aug 16, 2011
Under the Bush years such talk about the sitting President was considered treasonous and un-American by the GOP.
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Rick Scarey does ugly well.
The racism is so prevalent in his speeches, calling Obama a "black cloud" and saying he would "restore the military's pride in serving under the commander in chief."
RACISM designed to appeal to the Republican Fleagagging public.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#18 Aug 16, 2011
harvey wrote:
If it's "ugly" in Texas (and it unquestionably is) it's because of the incompetence and ideological extremism of Perry and Texas reTHUGlicans. They've provided nothing but low-paying jobs while cutting benefits to those in need, turning education over to the religious Right, and destroying the state's environment, or letting big Energy do so.
Perry should never, EVER be allowed near the White House; he's not just 'Bush Lite,' he's 'Bush STUPID'(or 'stupider').
oh my the new mantra was delivered from Soros..........Bush is Perry, Perry is Bush yada yada yada..........don't look behind the curtain though, you will see Obama, Chaves and Castro are all the same.
Realist

Gibsonville, NC

#19 Aug 16, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
If Texas was smart, they would secede...they have all the natural resources they need, they could live without interference with DC, and lot of folks would welcome a move to a country that is like this one used to be....Instead of retiring/moving to Costa Rica or Australia, disgruntled former Americans could move to Texas.
I can't think of a downside, can you?
Only problem would be getting through or over the fence the progrssive libs would be building on the bordering states lines to keep them from going into Texas. I'm attempting to think of a catchy name for the wall. "Prevent Freedom Wall"?
Researcher

Harker Heights, TX

#20 Aug 16, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
If Texas was smart, they would secede...they have all the natural resources they need, they could live without interference with DC, and lot of folks would welcome a move to a country that is like this one used to be....Instead of retiring/moving to Costa Rica or Australia, disgruntled former Americans could move to Texas.
I can't think of a downside, can you?
Well, yeah!

Just a FEW reasons from a very long list of downsides:

Quality of Life
(50th=Lowest, 1st=Highest)

• Median Household Income 34th
• Home Ownership Rate 44th
• Homeowner’s Insurance Affordability 46th
• Auto Insurance Affordability 24th
• Personal Bankruptcy Filings Rate, Per Capita 39th
• Percent of Households with Internet Access 42nd

http://texaslsg.org/texasonthebrink/
Realist

Gibsonville, NC

#21 Aug 16, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Rightie fearmonger who can't raise the "Defense" budget high enough due to imagined "dangers" on all side - "dangers" the military-industrial complex has created in order to maintain their bloated funding.
Obama's big failure is that he plays the reTHUGlican game on "Defense" - spending too much money and fighting too many wars.
Hey Harvey, want to get your butt kicked around a little ? Go onto a military post and start expounding on the greatness of your god obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonestar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Texas Bracket: George Strait voted Most Texan Mar '17 brtty johnson 1
News Many community college students lack reliable f... Mar '17 Reliable Phart 1
News Trump could make courthouse arrests of illegal ... Mar '17 Wildchild 15
News Will a wall stop illegal immigration? 32 minute... (May '16) Jun '16 ronnie 22
News Texas Republicans not quite ready to secede (May '16) May '16 Three Days Paleo 9
News Allows Illegal Aliens to Adopt Children (May '16) May '16 tomin cali 12
News Conviction Integrity Units Expand Beyond Lone S... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Farter 3
More from around the web