Sears to bring out LL Cool J line of ...

Sears to bring out LL Cool J line of kids clothing

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 27, 2008, titled Sears to bring out LL Cool J line of kids clothing. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Sears Holdings Corp. signed an agreement with hip-hop artist LL Cool J to introduce a line of streetwear for children and teens this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 May 27, 2008
That'll really help their bottom line...hip hop clothes.$22 for a t shirt? Must wash itself, get a more expensive one and maybe dry itself also! Time to buy stock in this winner!

Oswego, IL

#2 May 27, 2008
A dollar short, an a generation late. LL was popular 10 plus years ago, hardly think that the people who buy hip hop gear will want his brand. No wonder Sears gets spanked by its competitors. Would'nt want to buy this stock....
Den C

Lyons, IL

#3 May 27, 2008
Hip-Hop/Rap/Crap. Hardly a role model for children of any race.

New York, NY

#4 May 27, 2008
Is the line called "Mama Said Put Your Pants On?"

Chicago, IL

#5 May 27, 2008
I'm surprised that "Target" didn't do this first, considering that any kid wanting/wearing this crap will become one...
Chicago Gal

Oak Forest, IL

#6 May 27, 2008
"Draw shoppers and stand out from rivals"...??? Listen up, folks over at Sears! If you want to do that, try starting with a polite and helpful staff, well-lit fitting rooms and nicely showcased goods -- none of which I encountered on a weekend trip to your Chicago Ridge store.

Chicago, IL

#7 May 27, 2008
Now the punks can dress like one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

LL Cool J Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Portrait Gallery exhibit gives hip-hop a good rap (Aug '08) Sep '16 Don Streat 44
News Ali's life to be honored in Vegas by celebrities (Feb '12) Jun '16 Divorce Lawyer 2
News 50 Cent likes group (Jul '06) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 15
News LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Public Enemy and De La Sou... (Jul '13) Jul '13 CRAIG 1
News A country song, assumptions - and a racial outcry (Apr '13) Apr '13 bite me 1
News Sears to bring out LL Cool J line of kids' clot... (May '08) Dec '12 Innercity 6
News Did Canibus Ruin His Career By Breaking Out His... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Snappa 1
More from around the web