Ringo Starr: Former Beatles drummer has a long All Starr Band history

Jul 10, 2010 | Posted by: awc | Full story: www.sun-sentinel.com

Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band Beatles fans old and new can take a "Sentimental Journey" with their favorite drummer.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2010

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

RINGO STARR AND HIS ALL STARR BANDS: A TOUR HISTORY

Ringo & His All Starr Band, 1989 (July 23rd - September 3rd)
Band included: Clarence Clemmons, Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Dr. John, Jim Keltner, Nils Lofgren, Billy Preston, Joe Walsh.(Tour included US + Japan).
Live Recording released: 1990 (Rykodisc) Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band

Ringo & His 2nd All Starr Band, 1992 (June 2nd – September 6th)
Band included: Timmy Cappello, Burton Cummings, Dave Edmunds, Nils Lofgren, Todd Rundgren, Timothy B. Schmidt, Zak Starkey, Joe Walsh.(Tour included US + Europe and supported Time Takes Time (Private Music)).
Live Recording released: 1993 Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band Vol 2.

Ringo & His 3rd All Starr Band, 1995 (July 2nd – August 28th)
Band included: Randy Bachman, Felix Cavaliere, John Entwistle, Mark Farner, Billy Preston, Mark Rivera, Zak Starkey.(Tour included US + Japan).

Ringo & His 4th All Starr Band, 1997/1998 (April 28th – June 7th + Summer 98)
Band included: Gary Brooker, Jack Bruce, Peter Frampton, Simon Kirke, Mark Rivera.(Tour included US, Europe,+ Russia and supported the 1998 Mercury release, Vertical Man. Also released: I Wanna Be Santa Claus (Mercury)).

Ringo & His 5th All Starr Band, 1999 (February 12th – March 29th)
Band included: Gary Brooker, Jack Bruce, Timmy Cappello, Simon Kirke, Todd Rundgren (Tour included US).

Ringo & His 6th All Starr Band, 2000 (May 12th – July 1st)
Band included: Jack Bruce, Eric Carmen, Dave Edmunds, Simon Kirke, Mark Rivera.(Tour included US).
Live Recording released: 2001 (Koch) The All Starr Anthology So Far…

Ringo & His 7th All Starr Band, 2001 (May 12th – July 1st)
Band included: Greg Lake, Sheila E., Roger Hodgson, Ian Hunter, Howard Jones, Mark Rivera.(Tour included US and supported the 2003 (Koch) release, RingoRama).

Ringo & His 8th All Starr Band, 2003 (July 24-September 7)
Band included: Paul Carrack, Sheila E., Colin Hay, Mark Rivera, John Waite.(Tour included US + Canada).
Live Recording released: 2003 (Koch Records) Tour 2003

Ringo & His 9th All Starr Band 2006 (June 14-July 20)
Band included: Rod Argent, Sheila E, Richard Marx, Billy Squier, Hamish Stuart, Edgar Winter (Tour included US + Canada and supported the June 7, 2005 release Choose Love (Koch Records)).

Ringo & His 10th All Starr Band 2008 (June 19-August 2)
Band included: Gregg Bissonette, Colin Hay, Billy Squier, Hamish Stuart, Edgar Winter, Gary Wright.(Tour included US + Canada and supported the January 2008 release
Liverpool 8 (Capitol/EMI).
Live Recording released: July 2010 (UMe)

Ringo & His 11th All Starr Band 2010 (Summer 2010)
Band includes: Edgar Winter, Gary Wright and All Starr newcomers are Rick Derringer, Richard Page (Mr. Mister) and Wally Palmar (Romantics), and Gregg Bissonette returns on drums.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Great info my friend. Thanks a lot. You're the man of this Forum.
Poppa Jivebones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

awc wrote:
RINGO STARR AND HIS ALL STARR BANDS: A TOUR HISTORY
Ringo & His All Starr Band, 1989 (July 23rd - September 3rd)
Band included: Clarence Clemmons, Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Dr. John, Jim Keltner, Nils Lofgren, Billy Preston, Joe Walsh.(Tour included US + Japan).
Live Recording released: 1990 (Rykodisc) Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band
Ringo & His 2nd All Starr Band, 1992 (June 2nd – September 6th)
Band included: Timmy Cappello, Burton Cummings, Dave Edmunds, Nils Lofgren, Todd Rundgren, Timothy B. Schmidt, Zak Starkey, Joe Walsh.(Tour included US + Europe and supported Time Takes Time (Private Music)).Very Cool Allan I went to 2-4-and tour 7 out of the ones you listed
Live Recording released: 1993 Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band Vol 2.
Ringo & His 3rd All Starr Band, 1995 (July 2nd – August 28th)
Band included: Randy Bachman, Felix Cavaliere, John Entwistle, Mark Farner, Billy Preston, Mark Rivera, Zak Starkey.(Tour included US + Japan).
Ringo & His 4th All Starr Band, 1997/1998 (April 28th – June 7th + Summer 98)
Band included: Gary Brooker, Jack Bruce, Peter Frampton, Simon Kirke, Mark Rivera.(Tour included US, Europe,+ Russia and supported the 1998 Mercury release, Vertical Man. Also released: I Wanna Be Santa Claus (Mercury)).
Ringo & His 5th All Starr Band, 1999 (February 12th – March 29th)
Band included: Gary Brooker, Jack Bruce, Timmy Cappello, Simon Kirke, Todd Rundgren (Tour included US).
Ringo & His 6th All Starr Band, 2000 (May 12th – July 1st)
Band included: Jack Bruce, Eric Carmen, Dave Edmunds, Simon Kirke, Mark Rivera.(Tour included US).
Live Recording released: 2001 (Koch) The All Starr Anthology So Far…
Ringo & His 7th All Starr Band, 2001 (May 12th – July 1st)
Band included: Greg Lake, Sheila E., Roger Hodgson, Ian Hunter, Howard Jones, Mark Rivera.(Tour included US and supported the 2003 (Koch) release, RingoRama).
Ringo & His 8th All Starr Band, 2003 (July 24-September 7)
Band included: Paul Carrack, Sheila E., Colin Hay, Mark Rivera, John Waite.(Tour included US + Canada).
Live Recording released: 2003 (Koch Records) Tour 2003
Ringo & His 9th All Starr Band 2006 (June 14-July 20)
Band included: Rod Argent, Sheila E, Richard Marx, Billy Squier, Hamish Stuart, Edgar Winter (Tour included US + Canada and supported the June 7, 2005 release Choose Love (Koch Records)).
Ringo & His 10th All Starr Band 2008 (June 19-August 2)
Band included: Gregg Bissonette, Colin Hay, Billy Squier, Hamish Stuart, Edgar Winter, Gary Wright.(Tour included US + Canada and supported the January 2008 release
Liverpool 8 (Capitol/EMI).
Live Recording released: July 2010 (UMe)
Ringo & His 11th All Starr Band 2010 (Summer 2010)
Band includes: Edgar Winter, Gary Wright and All Starr newcomers are Rick Derringer, Richard Page (Mr. Mister) and Wally Palmar (Romantics), and Gregg Bissonette returns on drums.
Very Cool Allan I went to 2-4-7-and tour 8 all were great but the I liked most was tour two with Joe Walsh and Burton Cummings and tim Schmidt it was great I heard Guess who-Eagles-Beatles-Todd Rungren and Nils all do their songs that night my brother was still alive then and He came all the way from Alaska to see that show with me and family.Thanks for posting this Allan.Howdy Greg Happy Sunday.
Poppa Jivebones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Greg wrote:
Great info my friend. Thanks a lot. You're the man of this Forum.
Yep That Allan he's the Beatle man with the info at hand so let's give him a hand and applause for his good cause.Poppa is clapping and tapping but not listening to any of that annoying rapping.Revolver sounds good about now Good day Sunshine no need to whine because all is fine.This has benn ol Poppa Jivebones signing off Peace out Brothers.
Allan

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Thank you guys, it's a joy to post here, and it's great that Ringo is still in great health to be doing what he likes.
John and George never stopped either, both never gave up.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Howdy Greg Happy Sunday.

Thank you, have a happy Sunday you too. Always has been a pleasure chatting with you.
Allan

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Howdy Greg Happy Sunday.

Thank you, have a happy Sunday you too. Always has been a pleasure chatting with you.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Allan wrote:
Howdy Greg Happy Sunday.
Lol. OK, you are not the real thing. I'm not smarter than you, but I can keep up with you, lol.
Zippy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Howdy Greg Happy Sunday now where have I heard that oh Ol Poppa Jivebones was here earlier today.Now it is Happy Sunday Night Allan and Greg.You guys make this forum fun to read.Keep on zipping brothers.Greg Zip me out a TUNE ON your Stratocaster guitar dude.
Allan

Duncanville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. OK, you are not the real thing. I'm not smarter than you, but I can keep up with you, lol.
I like your response better, lol.
Allan

Duncanville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Very Cool Allan I went to 2-4-7-and tour 8 all were great but the I liked most was tour two with Joe Walsh and Burton Cummings and tim Schmidt it was great I heard Guess who-Eagles-Beatles-Todd Rungren and Nils all do their songs that night my brother was still alive then and He came all the way from Alaska to see that show with me and family.Thanks for posting this Allan.Howdy Greg Happy Sunday.
I went to the 89,92,95,97,01,03 and 06 shows, but wished he could have dropped by in 08 and 10, but I cannot be like George's song, Wah-Wah.
percy mercy

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

he cant sing sounds really bad he needs to take some lessons from lady ga ga
Allan

Duncanville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Lady Wah-Wah needs to take lessons from Ringo, in fact she should just get back with Madonna, designing her dancing costumes.
Mercy Muller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

percy mercy wrote:
he cant sing sounds really bad he needs to take some lessons from lady ga ga
Lady Ka ka is just a Madonna rip off copy slut.She's riding the lame train to fame but soon she will not have any flame not like Ringo who still carries the torch after 49 years that's almost 5 decades man.You say he can't sing well on his tours several people sing lighten up Lady Ga Goo fan.Have mercy Percy.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Zippy wrote:
Howdy Greg Happy Sunday now where have I heard that oh Ol Poppa Jivebones was here earlier today.Now it is Happy Sunday Night Allan and Greg.You guys make this forum fun to read.Keep on zipping brothers.Greg Zip me out a TUNE ON your Stratocaster guitar dude.
Let's do "I Want you" intro.
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Let's do "I Want you" intro.
Good tune Bro.I have been working on I'm Losing You Colin James from Canada does a cool version of it but I like the Lennon and Cheap Trick version Double Fantasy even has a different version.
percy mercy

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Mercy Muller wrote:
<quoted text>Lady Ka ka is just a Madonna rip off copy slut.She's riding the lame train to fame but soon she will not have any flame not like Ringo who still carries the torch after 49 years that's almost 5 decades man.You say he can't sing well on his tours several people sing lighten up Lady Ga Goo fan.Have mercy Percy.
hey that pots got your head full of cob webs you be ok tommorow
Mercy Muller

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

percy mercy wrote:
<quoted text>hey that pots got your head full of cob webs you be ok tommorow
Yea it always seems to wear off somehow.Fire up another doobie and have mercy Percy.Time to get the cobwebs built up again and wait for tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Live Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Backstreet Boys are back (Jun '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 17
Elvis Costello Coming to South Florida at Hard ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 LAVON AFFAIR 1
BalloonFest concludes today at Wet 'N' Wild (May '11) May '11 Whiners 6
Ex-Live frontman Ed Kowalczyk to perform in Yor... (May '11) May '11 Al Bendova 14
Is Jimmy Fallon sitting pretty? (Jan '10) Dec '10 Leo 9
Internet updates leave fans wondering about Liv... (Dec '09) Dec '10 Anonymous 13
Kowalczyk talks about solo projects, SpongeBob (Dec '09) Oct '10 d r st 4

Search the Live Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••