Review this guy? I'd rather bolt, tha...

Review this guy? I'd rather bolt, thanks!

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 13, 2008, titled Review this guy? I'd rather bolt, thanks!. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

So Michael Bolton is coming to Hard Rock Live. Sigh. Unless I can strategically schedule a vacation to coincide with his July 13 show, that means it'll start again: the vicious circle-of-life that I attempt to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Gwen Bolton not related

Gainesville, VA

#1 Jun 13, 2008
I find that most of the real "rockers" have to be high on something to enjoy "their" music. Fortunately Michael's music has found a home with those who not only have soul but also have a heart left that they like to use when it comes to music. I didn't really know or even like Michael Bolton when he was a young long haired "rocker". A lot of us who grew up in the 50s and early 60s remember an innocent fun sound that took us through our endless summers. Michael has a romantic soul that I think he probably has inherited from his mother but grew up rocking in New Haven just like a lot of boys did. What has taken him from just soul to heart strings music is the collaboration with people like Diane Warren. Jim Brickman is another whom he met when they were writing jingles. They both write good listening music and love singing to make people happy who are either in love or want to be. If you just want to get drunk or high go to those concerts by those musicans who know how to make noise but not love! If you knew all the hard work and the accomplishments that came from that hard work that gave many other artists hits written by Michael you might know that this guy is a well rounded artist and has the right stuff to "Go The Distance" not go to rehab. I fully expect to see him in the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame.
Linda-Debary

Orlando, FL

#2 Jun 13, 2008
Obviously you have something against someone doing the same this as other people have done. Did you ever think about when a famous singer passes away and there is some public,on tv, salute to the person, there is always another singer singing the songs of the person that has passed on. I enjoy Mr Boltons voice and chrisma, he is also easy on the eyes. Don't you ever sing in the shower???
Gail

AOL

#3 Jun 13, 2008
My question is..why do they send a Rock critic to a Michael Bolton concert? Of course you aren't going to like it before you even get there. Be sure to stay for the end...he does do a mean Rock Me Baby!!
RealityTV

Orlando, FL

#4 Jun 16, 2008
I personally rather enjoy Michael Bolton. But I have to say, that this article was pretty funny.
Dick Brown

Orlando, FL

#5 Jun 16, 2008
I can't wait for him to get here. I'm sure he's ready for another ride on my stankstik!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Live Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rock bands, fans get comfortable at ballpark (Aug '07) Jun 8 Jason 57
News Backstreet Boys are back (Jun '10) Apr '15 Shining Starr 19
News Is Jimmy Fallon sitting pretty? (Jan '10) Aug '14 Silly times 10
News Elvis Costello Coming to South Florida at Hard ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 LAVON AFFAIR 1
News BalloonFest concludes today at Wet 'N' Wild (May '11) May '11 Whiners 6
News Ex-Live frontman Ed Kowalczyk to perform in Yor... (May '11) May '11 Al Bendova 14
News Internet updates leave fans wondering about Liv... (Dec '09) Dec '10 Anonymous 13
More from around the web