Run-DMC, Metallica lead list of 2009 ...

Run-DMC, Metallica lead list of 2009 Rock Hall

There are 43 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 14, 2009, titled Run-DMC, Metallica lead list of 2009 Rock Hall. In it, Newsday reports that:

Run-DMC once hailed themselves as the Kings of Rock, so it's fitting that the pioneering rappers have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dick longshaft

New York, NY

#1 Jan 14, 2009
Good for Metallica...well deserved - but the Hall of Fame is Still a joke - no Rush, no Kiss - whether you like these bands or not you can not continue to ignore their influence on music in general and their enormous fan base and still taken seriously.

Since: Jan 09

Bellmore, NY

#2 Jan 14, 2009
dick longshaft wrote:
Good for Metallica...well deserved - but the Hall of Fame is Still a joke - no Rush, no Kiss - whether you like these bands or not you can not continue to ignore their influence on music in general and their enormous fan base and still taken seriously.
Thank You!!!

Tom Sawyer was one of the greatest hits of that time.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Congratulations to all, but especially Little Anthony Gourdine & the Imperials, the pride of Brooklyn. Who could ever forget that tearjerker ballad from 1958, a slow dance classic "Tears on My Pillow" & 60's classics like Hurt So Bad & Going Out of My Head. Timelss classics, memories of CBS-FM 101.1 during the Good Guys days. To paraphrase one of their classics they are no longer on the outside looking in, they're in. Congrats.
voice of truth

Miami, FL

#4 Jan 14, 2009
dick longshaft wrote:
How Rush isn't in the hall of fame is beyond me.
Alan Pimsley

Cambria Heights, NY

#5 Jan 14, 2009
What a bunch of tough guys in sunglasses. LOL.

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#6 Jan 14, 2009
The article inexplicably skips over who DJ Fontana and Bill Black really are---hugely influential backing musicians to Elvis; DJ drumming for him for 14 years and Bill on bass for the early part of Elvis' career. Bill and Scotty Moore (lead guitarist, inducted in 2000) accompanied Elvis on the pioneering Sun studio sessions.
RIAA beware

Albany, NY

#7 Jan 14, 2009
Alan Pimsley wrote:
What a bunch of tough guys in sunglasses. LOL.
Yeah, real tough guys... suing their own fans for downloading mediocre metal like St. Anger and Reload. Jim Rice is more deserving of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Jeff Beck invented heavy metal with "Proof". HIs work with the Yardbirds, "Wire", "Blow by Blow", his fusion work.... he is as deserving as Clapton and Page.
Len

New York, NY

#8 Jan 14, 2009
voice of truth wrote:
<quoted text> How Rush isn't in the hall of fame is beyond me.
Bravo!!! Add Yes to that list as well.

Since: Jan 09

Bellmore, NY

#9 Jan 14, 2009
I did not see Bad Company Listed either.
Len

New York, NY

#10 Jan 14, 2009
RIAA beware wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, real tough guys... suing their own fans for downloading mediocre metal like St. Anger and Reload. Jim Rice is more deserving of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Well, you know, Lars and the RIAA don't have enough $$$ from ripping people off for years. They got caught with their pants down in not seeing and taking advantage of the digital music scene, so they had to make up the shortfall somehow. I, personally will NEVER buy one of their albums again.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#11 Jan 14, 2009
Len In Brooklyn. Long live Yes. I've seen all good people, Owner of a lonely Heart & Roundabout. All Classics
Scott from LB

Flushing, NY

#12 Jan 14, 2009
What a f"n joke the "Hall of Fame" is. You induct RUN DMC yet Rush and Kiss are still not in? Joke
John

Smithtown, NY

#13 Jan 14, 2009
And without Iron Maiden there is no Metallica...
Len

New York, NY

#15 Jan 14, 2009
Todd Schuster wrote:
Len In Brooklyn. Long live Yes. I've seen all good people, Owner of a lonely Heart & Roundabout. All Classics
...and a whole lot more that never got any radio play.
awesome

Islandia, NY

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Ok so RUN DMC is in the rock and roll hof but not Rush? Rush has been consistently making brilliant records and selling out arenas for 34 years now and still going strong... what a joke.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#18 Jan 14, 2009
Why anyone takes the Rock and Roll HOF seriously doesn't make sense to me...

The place is desolate (attendance has been down double digits over the last 3 years), the exhibits appear to be done with pennies, and last but not least, ROLLING STONE is the most influential voice...

The fans of those not in the RRHOF should not fret over this. If you know your artist are great artists, who cares what anyone thinks, especially ROLLING STONE?!!!...
RAGDAY_SUX

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jan 14, 2009
Jan wenner is an azzss-hole and the so called rock/roll hall of fame is a crock of chit.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#20 Jan 14, 2009
John wrote:
And without Iron Maiden there is no Metallica...
Without Aerosmith, there wouldn't be Mettallica. None other than James Hetfield said this...
Done

Corona, NY

#21 Jan 14, 2009
Cogency wrote:
The article inexplicably skips over who DJ Fontana and Bill Black really are---hugely influential backing musicians to Elvis; DJ drumming for him for 14 years and Bill on bass for the early part of Elvis' career. Bill and Scotty Moore (lead guitarist, inducted in 2000) accompanied Elvis on the pioneering Sun studio sessions.
Not only were they influential, but Wanda Jackson is finally getting the recognition she deserves after being inducted in just about every other music hall of fames. She was the first female to record Rock N' Roll. She dated Elvis for a short period of time while touring with him back in 1955. She recorded many classic records which were criminally ignored throughout music history except by those who refuse to let her name die out. She is still alive and well today touring all over the world showing all the young guns how Rock N' Roll is supposed to be done. She is known as "The nice woman with the nasty voice." She made all the men in her day look like wimps with her attack and delivery with her music. I highly urge everyone to do a research on her. She performed right here on Long Island a few years ago and she sounded amazing. She should be respected to the same level as Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins,Johnny Cash, and Johnny Burnette.
The Almighty Blanco

United States

#22 Jan 14, 2009
Todd Schuster wrote:
Owner of a lonely Heart
Good tune ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Anthony & the Imperials Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News My Music: Doo Wop Love Songs (Dec '07) Dec '16 angela 31
News From single Las Vegas location, Catfish Alley a... (Feb '12) Feb '12 spytheweb 1
News Malt Shop Memories Cruise Brings the Best of th... (Sep '09) Sep '09 rose 1
News METALLICA inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (May '09) May '09 METALLICA RULES 1
News Rock Hall of Fame inductees include Metallica, ... (Jan '09) Apr '09 poopy 8
News Heavy metal heroes Metallica, rappers Run-DMC b... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Ish 11
News Metallica, Run-DMC in Hall of Fame (Apr '09) Apr '09 AverageJoe 3
More from around the web