Lindsay Lohan addicted to 'hillbilly ...

Lindsay Lohan addicted to 'hillbilly heroin"

There are 45 comments on the TheCelebrityCafe story from Jun 1, 2007, titled Lindsay Lohan addicted to 'hillbilly heroin". In it, TheCelebrityCafe reports that:

Home : Features : People : Lindsay Lohan addicted to "hillbilly heroin" Lindsay Lohan addicted to "hillbilly heroin" 1-Jun-2007 Written by: Edward Olivier Mean Girls star's father claims that his daughter is ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheCelebrityCafe.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mad Man

AOL

#1 Jun 1, 2007
""Also known as Oxycodone and regularly named as “hillbilly heroin,” the drug is linked to several scores of deaths in the US.""
IT'S THESE KINDS OF COMMENTS THAT MAKE NATIONAL NEWS!! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OXYCODONE FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT FOR CHRONIC PAIN!!
2POK4SURE

AOL

#2 Jun 1, 2007
need help or answers>??
Buprenorphine physician and treatment program locator
Nate

Lawrenceburg, IN

#3 Jun 4, 2007
Yea I agree. It's statements like these all over the news and such that make Oxycontin ring "bad news" in all peoples ears. What about chronic pain sufferers that really truely need this drug. People don't think about the millions of people that are positively affected by it, because that doesn't make the news. Only deaths and celebrities admitting their addiction to it make the news. And that's why Oxycontin is thought of to be so bad. I hate the news. Plain and simple.
Best friend mom

Winter Haven, FL

#4 Jun 4, 2007
there usually is an alternative for pain sufferers this medication should be off the market it is killing more peoples children than helping pain sufferers including my son!!!
Judy

Inverness, FL

#5 Jun 4, 2007
Best friend mom wrote:
there usually is an alternative for pain sufferers this medication should be off the market it is killing more peoples children than helping pain sufferers including my son!!!
My son was found dead 3 weeks ago. We still aren't sure what the exact cause of death was, but he had a severe addiction to Oxy's. I can not tell you the pain I have suffered from this loss. He was the father of a 3 and 7 yr old. His wife too is addicted and takes the 80 mg. The doctor's are handing them out like candy. As soon as I get the exact cause of death, I will be on the warpath to stop these money hungry murderers. He began having seizures and when he was found his hands were clenched as well as his jaw. His 7 yr old daughter alerted her mom that "Daddy is really white!" She was the first to find him. I am so empty without him.
kydrby4ever

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Jun 5, 2007
Best friend mom wrote:
I am truly sorry for yours and anyones losses but the drug isnt the issue, its the way it was promoted and publicly pushed, on regulated dose 10/20/40/80mg 2x a day its a phenomenol pain medication, its just so heavily abused...and I cannot figure out why, once its in the system 24hrs 7days a week, theres no getting high on it, the high comes from up/down random use/abuse but as far as handing it out for pain, the drs cannot write it unless a valid mri shows the damage, its not like anyone can walk into a drs office and get it, its just theres so many people hitting more than 1 doctor and reselling it... its under the microscope because its the most advertised (to drs) so its prescribed the most, drugs like fentanyl,dillaudid and 100/200mg morphine pills are way more dangerous, but these are whats prescribed 80% of the time, the company has been throwing these bonuses to drs to write there meds so they do....as opposed to the competitions meds...but do not be blind to it, the fentanyl patches and a slew of others are way more dangerous when abused, and that is the only way to od or lose everything from this drug, and not all abuse is from veering from the prescribed manor, drs who write this med less than 12hr intervals or more than the 80mg max pill/dose is abuse, regardless of the fact that its prescribed that way... there is no reason to be on more than 80mg 2x a day plus break thru meds (anyone living/working/functioning)the bedridden and the hospitalized-monitered/termina lly ill)patients are another story...and taken as stated above is not a "death risk" if this drug came off the market tomarrow, and tighter restrictions took place immediatly, the entire country would have a heroine epidemic overnight, and you think the deathrate is high now, whoaaaaa..... look up the areas in the country that cracked down, somewhat, the Heroine stats are climbing...and those states still get it (oxy/pain meds) elsewhere, but the H problem is there and thats a street drug, not regulated and made in a labratory.... again, I am sorry for your loss and losses but the drug is not the issue, its the demand.... if the situation was death by a gun, taking guns off the market woudnt be the resolution, its regulations, and stiffer penalties to those who break the laws, as well as the drug co, being forced to make it unusable by other means(not snortable/shootable)oral consumption only...
Mad Man

AOL

#7 Jun 6, 2007
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
My son was found dead 3 weeks ago. We still aren't sure what the exact cause of death was, but he had a severe addiction to Oxy's. I can not tell you the pain I have suffered from this loss. He was the father of a 3 and 7 yr old. His wife too is addicted and takes the 80 mg. The doctor's are handing them out like candy. As soon as I get the exact cause of death, I will be on the warpath to stop these money hungry murderers. He began having seizures and when he was found his hands were clenched as well as his jaw. His 7 yr old daughter alerted her mom that "Daddy is really white!" She was the first to find him. I am so empty without him.
YOUR SON WAS A JUNKIE! IF HE WAS A CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT AND COULDN'T WORK OR DO THINGS WITH HIS FAMILY AND SUFFERED EVERDAY TO THE POINT THAT HE WANTED TO SHOOT HIMSELF YOU WOULD BE GRAITFUL HE USED OXY "AS PRESCRIBED" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GO ON THE "WARPATH" AND GET YOUR DAUGHTER IN-LAW ON SUBOXONE BEFORE IT'S TO LATE! OXYCONTIN SAVED MY MARRAGE AND MY LIFE!
Mad Man

AOL

#8 Jun 6, 2007
Best friend mom wrote:
WHAT ARE YOU A DOCTOR? WHO ARE YOU TO SPEAK FOR "PAIN SUFFERERS" AND HOW THEY TREAT THERE SUFFERING! PEOPLE DYE MANY WAYS EVERYDAY. WHY NOT START WITH ALCOHOL? THAT KILLS AND CAUSES RUIN IN PEOPLES LIFE EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY!
Mad Man

AOL

#9 Jun 6, 2007
QUOTE, MAY 27,FROM ANOTHER THREAD
I suffered for years in pain until I started oxycontin and roxys for b/t. You Junkies are going to ruin it for us who really need this miracle medicine to be able to walk! When you OD and die your mommies go crying to politicians to ban oxycodone. I hope you never need it for chronic pain 24/7
get suboxone and get clean!
Best friend mom

Winter Haven, FL

#10 Jun 10, 2007
There are many things that kill and yes alcohol is one of them.Lost my dad to that.But there are social drinkers also. How many social oc users do you know?They begin with oc and can't afford it anymore then to heroin.You are so defensive to oc's you may find yourself there next.I've seen many people post that took oc's for pain and now wish they never did because they are so addicted.By the way,no I am not a DR.but I do work right along side him assisting with a degree may I add.I'm not looking for fights,just giving my oppinion in a mature way.
,but watching how you post with others also you really need to grow up.(maybe your oc use has your mind not right)
kydrby4ever

West Palm Beach, FL

#11 Jun 10, 2007
Best friend mom wrote:
There are many things that kill and yes alcohol is one of them.Lost my dad to that.But there are social drinkers also. How many social oc users do you know?They begin with oc and can't afford it anymore then to heroin.You are so defensive to oc's you may find yourself there next.I've seen many people post that took oc's for pain and now wish they never did because they are so addicted.By the way,no I am not a DR.but I do work right along side him assisting with a degree may I add.I'm not looking for fights,just giving my oppinion in a mature way.
,but watching how you post with others also you really need to grow up.(maybe your oc use has your mind not right)
Im somewhat in agreement w/ him and havent used in a month or so, not all use is abuse or leads to abuse, some use as reqired/prescribed and when ready to come off either taper or use subs and its over... the abusers are another ballgame, and there the ones leading you to post! thats not fair! I know 10x the people that use properly to those who abuse, but the abusers are making it bad! bad enough for you to post!!!
maggie mae

United States

#12 Jun 10, 2007
"Hillbilly Heroin" how in the world did they come up with this name? The high comes when the coating is scratched off and the system is hit with a high..This high does not last long so the abuser will do another scratch...So on and so on until an overdose occurs..Oxy is a very good drug but abusers somehow manage to find a way around its' original intention for someone who needs something for pain.
If you feel that a doctor is prescribing drugs too freely all that you have to do is report them to your state board of pharmacology. You do not even have to tell them your name for an investigation to begin...

Since: Dec 06

Florida

#13 Jun 10, 2007
Best friend mom wrote:
THIS THE POST I MADE TO YOUR FRIEND!

"YOUR SON WAS A JUNKIE! IF HE WAS A CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT AND COULDN'T WORK OR DO THINGS WITH HIS FAMILY AND SUFFERED EVERDAY TO THE POINT THAT HE WANTED TO SHOOT HIMSELF YOU WOULD BE GRAITFUL HE USED OXY "AS PRESCRIBED" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GO ON THE "WARPATH" AND GET YOUR DAUGHTER IN-LAW ON SUBOXONE BEFORE IT'S TO LATE! OXYCONTIN SAVED MY MARRAGE AND MY LIFE!"
I'm not going to get into it with you cause you don't have a clue! I do feel for any parent that loses a child. I also understand what chronic pain suffers go through. btw, for those that WANT to stop abusing OC there is Suboxone.
T Bone

New York, NY

#14 Jul 12, 2007
Hillbilly Heroin? Is that anything like Trailer Park Tripping? These celeb's are definitely a little trailerish. Anyone remember Hillbilly Juice in the 1960's? Thta green can with the bare footed hick? It was actually like Mountain Dew. I think they stole the recipe. But...did anyone see Lindsay's appearance on Letterman? I thought it was cool. She was really funny and girlish and cute. And I don't think she's got herpes like Paris. How can she bang people without a condom, even if the scumbag is rich? Did she do Joe Francis and get it from him? Probly.
T Code

New York, NY

#15 Jul 13, 2007
Did anyoen evr try Scumbag Sxcothch? Talk about addicting, thast stuff will have you rolling around in the gutter.
golfswift1

United States

#16 Jul 20, 2007
Mad Man wrote:
""Also known as Oxycodone and regularly named as “hillbilly heroin,” the drug is linked to several scores of deaths in the US.""
IT'S THESE KINDS OF COMMENTS THAT MAKE NATIONAL NEWS!! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OXYCODONE FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT FOR CHRONIC PAIN!!
Very true, but I don't think Lindsy is in too much pain buddy...
Angry Citizen

Austin, TX

#17 Jul 23, 2007
Mad Man wrote:
QUOTE, MAY 27,FROM ANOTHER THREAD
I suffered for years in pain until I started oxycontin and roxys for b/t. You Junkies are going to ruin it for us who really need this miracle medicine to be able to walk! When you OD and die your mommies go crying to politicians to ban oxycodone. I hope you never need it for chronic pain 24/7
get suboxone and get clean!
YOUR NOT A DOCTOR EITHER, The drug affects different people different ways You need to grow up and find some respect when talking to others. There are some of us that have chronic pain some more severe than others. I have taken it for my arm and the doctor gave it out like candy, so you can get addicted whether you want to or not just to stop the pain. I stop taking them when I started to get addicted too them and I live with my pain. Mad Man I bet YOU ARE THE JUNKIE. Why don't you get clean up and shut up. You have no idea what kind of pain others are in.
Angry Citizen

Austin, TX

#18 Jul 23, 2007
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS THE POST I MADE TO YOUR FRIEND!
"YOUR SON WAS A JUNKIE! IF HE WAS A CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT AND COULDN'T WORK OR DO THINGS WITH HIS FAMILY AND SUFFERED EVERDAY TO THE POINT THAT HE WANTED TO SHOOT HIMSELF YOU WOULD BE GRAITFUL HE USED OXY "AS PRESCRIBED" GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GO ON THE "WARPATH" AND GET YOUR DAUGHTER IN-LAW ON SUBOXONE BEFORE IT'S TO LATE! OXYCONTIN SAVED MY MARRAGE AND MY LIFE!"

I'm not going to get into it with you cause you don't have a clue! I do feel for any parent that loses a child. I also understand what chronic pain suffers go through. btw, for those that WANT to stop abusing OC there is Suboxone.
Your the JUNKIE mad man why don't you get acupunture its better for you and you won't need DRUGS, you JUNKIE!!!!
Angry Citizen

Austin, TX

#19 Jul 23, 2007
I am not saying that some people don't abuse this drugs. There are some that do. But you can't say everyone that gets addicted to this drug is or was a junkie and its there fault. There are other avenues to take than taking drugs. I'm sure if mad man stop taking this drug he'll relaspe (because he's ADDICTED to it). His excuse will be that he can't because of the pain ( yeah right ). Like I said before theres accupunture, that studies have shown help with pain without drugs. Theres even healthier medicines at the health food stores that help.
Angry Citizen

Austin, TX

#20 Jul 23, 2007
Best friend mom wrote:
You are so right!!!!!!! Now I'll just wait for him to attack me, for I also left him a few sentences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lindsay Lohan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsay Lohan will see Donald trump will win an... Jul '16 chris mark rees 2
Lindsay Lohan must work with Donald trump Jun '16 Chris mark rees 2
Lindsay Logan must work with Donald trump Jun '16 Chris mark rees 1
Hillary Clinton become satin Jun '16 Chris mark rees 4
News Lindsay Lohan converting to Islam? May '16 John Mayor 4
News Lindsay Lohan is considering converting to Isla... Apr '16 Tony Curtz 4
Bernie sanders become satin (Feb '16) Feb '16 Chris mark rees 2
More from around the web