Lily Tomlin Marries Longtime Partner ...

Lily Tomlin Marries Longtime Partner Jane Wagner

There are 22 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 7, 2014, titled Lily Tomlin Marries Longtime Partner Jane Wagner. In it, EDGE reports that:

After 42 years together, Emmy-winning couple Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner officially tied the knot on New Years Eve, NBC News reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#1 Jan 7, 2014
Congratulations to the happy couple:-]

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#3 Jan 7, 2014
Pierre wrote:
Sick.
No, she's doing quite well. The happy couple appreciates your concern though.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#4 Jan 7, 2014
wow - 42 years together. that's pretty special and awesome. great news that they're finally legally married.

here's hoping that texas and the few(er) remaining states also gain that ability, too.

how about someone start a pool on which states are next or will allow same sex marriage this year?

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5 Jan 7, 2014
Pierre wrote:
Sick.
Yes, hon, we know. Have you considered seeing a licensed therapist?

#6 Jan 7, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
wow - 42 years together. that's pretty special and awesome. great news that they're finally legally married.
here's hoping that texas and the few(er) remaining states also gain that ability, too.
how about someone start a pool on which states are next or will allow same sex marriage this year?
I think we are looking at Oregon, Nevada, possibly Michigan, as well as possibly getting Utah back.....we will have to see how it goes!!!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 7, 2014
Didn't know Lily Tomlin was a lesbian. My best wishes to the newlyweds. My favorite Lily Tomlin character is Ernestine.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#8 Jan 7, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we are looking at Oregon, Nevada, possibly Michigan, as well as possibly getting Utah back.....we will have to see how it goes!!!
i think you're right about oregon and utah. i'm actually surprised that, considering the amount of income nevada generates on marriages that they haven't already legalized same sex marriage.

dead last contenders :
alabama
oklahoma
louisiana
texas

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#9 Jan 7, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you're right about oregon and utah. i'm actually surprised that, considering the amount of income nevada generates on marriages that they haven't already legalized same sex marriage.
dead last contenders :
alabama
oklahoma
louisiana
texas
My all-time favorite bumper sticker, from the many years I spent in Fort Worth:

"Gays can legally marry in Texas! Just ask the Governor's wife."

#10 Jan 7, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
dead last contenders :
alabama
oklahoma
louisiana
texas
I agree with ya about Nevada.......it's okay to marry someone of the opposite-sex on the spur of the moment, but not some Same-Sex couple who have been together for awhile......makes no sense to me!!!

And yes, I agree with your dead last contenders.......they'll have to be dragged into Marriage Equality and screaming the whole time about it.......lol!!!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#12 Jan 7, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
dead last contenders :
alabama
oklahoma
louisiana
texas
Better throw Missouri into that list. Probably at the end.
FundieraiSing Mullahs

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jan 7, 2014
Pierre wrote:
Sick.
What is wrong with you this time?

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 7, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Better throw Missouri into that list. Probably at the end.
Yes, Ralph, I'm afraid you're right. Well, perhaps not at the very end ... Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi can all be more self-destructively stubborn than a Missouri mule ... but if it turns out that the hold-out states all fall at once, we'll definitely be among them.
chgodonnie

Maumelle, AR

#16 Jan 7, 2014
oops, you forgot to add Arkansas to the dead-last states, also vying for last place I'm sure....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Jan 7, 2014
Lili Is AWESOME!

Jubilant congratulations to the happy couple !

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#18 Jan 8, 2014
Good for them but it would have been nice if they had spent those 42 years coming up with some new shtik.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#19 Jan 8, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
Didn't know Lily Tomlin was a lesbian. My best wishes to the newlyweds. My favorite Lily Tomlin character is Ernestine.
Her wife writes most of her stuff.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#20 Jan 8, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Her wife writes most of her stuff.
maybe she should divorce her and trade up to a man who can write.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#21 Jan 8, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe she should divorce her and trade up to a man who can write.
This coming from someone who doesn't know that a sentence starts with a capital letter.
The Old

Stafford, VA

#22 Jan 8, 2014
Congratulations sick queers.
James Simmons-Chiu

Calgary, Canada

#23 Jan 8, 2014
I love the fact you two have been together for over 40 years. You don't see many couples straight or gay together that long any more.
Peter and I wish you both all the best life has to offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lily Tomlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lily Tomlin marries partner of 42 years (Jan '14) Jan '14 Messed up 10
News I Want My Gay TV (Sep '13) Sep '13 Curteese 29
Lily Tomlin nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Susanna 1
News Lily Tomlin Heading Into Retirement? (Jul '12) Aug '12 snyper 25
News Fonda Wants Nine to Five Sequel (Aug '07) Jun '11 Gary 4
News Lily Tomlin (Feb '11) Feb '11 linda reuben 3
News Two Lesbian comics playing at the St. George Th... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Guinness Drinker 16
More from around the web