First Prev
of 5
Next Last
littleddd

Salem, VA

#86 Jul 10, 2012
You are all crazy! Its amazing the things people believe. If you actually read the words clearly its not anything satanic,it simply states facts more or less. Lets be real though i listened to it backwards years ago before i was told what it said and unless you are told what to listen for you dont hear this. If someone tells you to hear something you most likely will. If you know anything about recording you woud know that this would be an almost impossible thing to do. Yes sometimes advertising messages are put in, short messages. To do the calculations to write this song forward so that it says all this backwards is nearly impossible. Take any song you want and play it backwards, if you want to find a satanic message it you will because you want to hear it. I am a Bible believing, God loveing christian and people hear what they want to hear especially when its been fed to them. This song and the music and how it is played starting with acoustic guitar then gradually adding in of the other instruments climbing to a beautiful climax is pure poetry and musical genius.
The Rebel

Las Vegas, NV

#87 Aug 20, 2012
John Bonham Fan wrote:
Hey, thats what I have heard by other people and my friend played a record backwards by accident and we happened to pick it up. I still love Led Zeppelin.
That's why jimmy page was into witchcraft. be bought alister crowley's mansion, and even zoso if the name of a demon (or zozo dpending on culture). dont call people morons if you have no idea on the people. even robert plant wont answer on the messages.
Garlin

Elk Grove, CA

#88 Oct 17, 2012
I'm surprised no one here has entertained the idea that this was a marketing ploy to create hype and curiosity. Think about it. Black Sabbath basically were culled out of the same realm as Zepp; Rhythm and Blues. They thought they could add some excitement by making things scary or creating a layer of mysticism and intrigue. They did. They wer good at it. My theory is that this Backmasking was intentional. The hype began as a rumor several years after its release and VIOLA!! Loads of $$$, FAME and Attention is being garnered. It's proof positive that the power of HYPE creates wealth. It's a brilliant marketing scheme.
davidmusiclover

Japan

#89 Oct 30, 2012
i think the whole thing is stupid.. its a beautiful song and i enjoy playing it.
just-dude

Oak Ridge, TN

#90 Oct 30, 2012
Dimebag wrote:
the song was written while the band was sitting around a fire at Mick Jaggers camp in england. Acro, that is not the song backmasked, you are completely wrong. robert plant improvised almost every lyric while singer about spirituality around a camp fire
The song was actually written at boleskine house during a short period the group stayed there after jimmy page bout it due to his obsession with the occult and especially aleister crowley. Which actually where a great deal of, if not all of the movie the song remains the same was filmed; ie the scene where jimmy page is climbing the mountain to the hermit. Shortly after the filming several miscellaneous bad things happened to the members in the group including a near death accident, the loss of a child due to mysterious stomach virus, the breaking of a hand, keeping the group from being able to continue, up until the death of drummer john bonham leading to the dismemberment of the band.
The fact that the band got signed saying that three out of the four signed a deal with the devil (which by strange coincidence if you ask a person the names of the band members 9 out of 10 only know three of their names) all this combined helps hold this idea not mention you vcan clearly hear the masking and make a good deal of it out without knowing what you're looking for, which i have seen first hand. Also if you read mr. crowley's works on of them states that a magician must learn to think backwards leans to the idea that jimmy may have snuck this in without the knowledge of the other members.
dario

Laredo, TX

#91 Nov 27, 2012
hahahahahah
dario

Laredo, TX

#92 Nov 27, 2012
the song sounds so werired
MN 612 MPLS

Racine, WI

#93 Dec 5, 2012
ZoSo Melissa wrote:
People who have nothing to do other than to listen to music played backwards are freakin' MORONS! Led Zeppelin was a band of electricity, energy, and mysticism. Not Evil. They created soul music,'free' music, totally the contrary of ANYTHING sinister.
How ignorant are you to call ppl morons cuz they are interested in this shit? Hop off led Zeppelins nut sack and open yur simple-minded brain of yours.There is shit out there that many of us will ever know. Do some research b4 yu wanna talk. Check out how corrupt our govt and music industry is? Do yu hear the shit they want us to listen to? Money pussy hoes. They want to dumb us dwn cuz they kno mind is power. Whats to say they dnt send subliminal msgs. They did it in all the disney moviea.I dnt kno everything so dnt get it twisted bt I guarantee the lyrics weren't accidental n therw are no such things as coincidence. If yu get bored look up illuminati n the masons. It is interesting.
MN 612 MPLS

Racine, WI

#94 Dec 5, 2012
littleddd wrote:
You are all crazy! Its amazing the things people believe. If you actually read the words clearly its not anything satanic,it simply states facts more or less. Lets be real though i listened to it backwards years ago before i was told what it said and unless you are told what to listen for you dont hear this. If someone tells you to hear something you most likely will. If you know anything about recording you woud know that this would be an almost impossible thing to do. Yes sometimes advertising messages are put in, short messages. To do the calculations to write this song forward so that it says all this backwards is nearly impossible. Take any song you want and play it backwards, if you want to find a satanic message it you will because you want to hear it. I am a Bible believing, God loveing christian and people hear what they want to hear especially when its been fed to them. This song and the music and how it is played starting with acoustic guitar then gradually adding in of the other instruments climbing to a beautiful climax is pure poetry and musical genius.
anything is possible... if yu were a devout Christian yu would kno this. N since yu believe in god yu believe in satan. Isn't it possible satan was speaking thru them? Have yu read nething about illuminati? Perhaps there's some truth to it. Just something to think about. I play devils advocate..sry lol. What are yur thoughts on illuminati?
Anonymister

London, UK

#95 Feb 1, 2013
scaaaary....
David Kurtz

Allentown, PA

#96 Feb 20, 2013
You don't need someone coaching you with the words or know in advance what will be supposedly said backwards. Just listen to it and make up your own mind. I can say without any doubt that there is in fact a reverse message, but it's meaning isn't clear. The strangest $hit that I ever heard...
The midnight rider

Amman, Jordan

#97 Feb 26, 2013
why you all people think this is a bad thing or insults led zipllen ?
i think this it's a better lyrics backward and have a wisdom like:
"he who should show may make his show worthy"
great lyrics man !!
Lars Ulrich

Erie, CO

#98 Mar 9, 2013
This is some creepy shit. I don't think Led Zeppelin meant to do this, I think Satan influenced some of these things. But don't worry, Satan has no power compared to God.
Sachin

Kathmandu, Nepal

#99 Mar 28, 2013
Its too creepy
IRON ZEPPELIN

Los Angeles, CA

#100 Apr 1, 2013
Its all True ! Did John Henry Bonham Died In Aleister Crowley's ex-House ?? in the Presence Album inside you could see a shadowy Form of Bonham's Face? also that Black Object On the Album? Life goes on!!!
Ded Zep

Albany, NY

#101 Apr 3, 2013
IRON ZEPPELIN wrote:
Its all True ! Did John Henry Bonham Died In Aleister Crowley's ex-House ?? in the Presence Album inside you could see a shadowy Form of Bonham's Face? also that Black Object On the Album? Life goes on!!!
Life goes on without the money sucking Ded Zeppelin. Pay Mr Willie Dixon his dues.
ashheap

South Bend, IN

#102 Aug 24, 2013
I love listening to Stairway backwards. Its beautiful. I know, i'm sorta shocked.
Acro

Winnipeg, Canada

#103 Jan 1, 2014
I did not put satanic messages in this song. So shut up guys.
Heuheuheu

Winnipeg, Canada

#104 Jan 1, 2014
I refuse to listen to any of it backward. I know a girl who knows a guy and his friends who were out on the highway somewhere and decided to try and listen to it backward. When they did a unhuman shadow like figure swept around the car and came right up to the window. I am not taking my chances.
thelema93

Homestead, FL

#105 May 21, 2014
The song is about the right and left hand paths, which basically can mean good and evil but there's really a lot more to it than that, look it up on wikipedia for a more detailed description.
forward it talks more about the right hand path and backward it talks about the left hand path.

forward-"there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road your on..."

backwards-"so here's to my sweet satan, the others' path would make me sad who's power is faith..."

it really goes much deeper, you can tell whoever wrote the song knew a lot about the ancient mysteries

backwards-"thoth have our laws, ma'at must reign supreme"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Led Zeppelin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Truth about Lori Maddox and other Myths abo... (Jun '13) Dec 9 Eusebius 6
33 Years Ago: Led Zeppelin Play Their Last Concert (Jul '13) Dec 9 Concerned_American 2
Robert Plant turns down $800 million for reunion Nov '14 nikkihomeland 1
Jimmy Page says Led Zeppelin reunion is not pos... Oct '14 tomschryer 1
Jimmy Page Says Robert Plant-Free Band Will Not... (Nov '08) Oct '14 Maggie 27
Jack Bruce explains why he hates Led Zeppelin (Nov '08) Sep '14 ABPeace 13
No Honor For Pedophile Jimmy Page (Dec '12) Sep '14 Genevieve117 27
More from around the web