Interesting theory on Stairway To Hea...

Interesting theory on Stairway To Heaven backwards?

Posted in the Led Zeppelin Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
John Bonham Fan

Augusta, GA

#1 Jun 12, 2007
I have heard a lot of things about the creation of Stairway To Heaven. One just being about it being based on the bible, two is they were just all on pot and locked themselves away and wrote the song, three (now the point of this topic) I have heard first hand that it played backwards displays satanic messages. If you can play it backwards. It is messed up. It could be on purpose but I think iots accident or maybe not since it has a saying in it that says "sometimes words are misgivings and also sometimes words have two meanings." Plant was questioned and did not respond. You judge. I love Led Led Zeppelin the song is still great but it still is a creepy thought. My feelings won't change for them.
Robert

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2007
If you play 'Stairway' backwards you can only here the supposed messages if someone tells you what to listen for. Even then it's mumbled. There are many songs by recording artists that have the same thing- played bacwards you seem to be able to make out new words.I don't belive it was intentional. The lyrics to 'Stairway' are poetic and imagery.
ZoSo Melissa

York, PA

#3 Jun 21, 2007
People who have nothing to do other than to listen to music played backwards are freakin' MORONS! Led Zeppelin was a band of electricity, energy, and mysticism. Not Evil. They created soul music,'free' music, totally the contrary of ANYTHING sinister.
John Bonham Fan

Augusta, GA

#4 Jun 21, 2007
Hey, thats what I have heard by other people and my friend played a record backwards by accident and we happened to pick it up. I still love Led Zeppelin.
suziQ

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jun 23, 2007
John Bonham Fan wrote:
Hey, thats what I have heard by other people and my friend played a record backwards by accident and we happened to pick it up. I still love Led Zeppelin.
hey I like it enough forward to listen to it backwards..it's got enough meaning for me forwards. so true,paul is dead or whatever(beatles)remember on headbangers ball off mtv waywhen they had a song 666 the number of the beast. hey if yer lookin' to find it backwards,1st look forwards,i'm afraid its all around you. heck man play it sideways. lol....www.360.yahoo.com/sychy ck.html/ JPP tribute page
Joesmokabo

United States

#6 Jul 4, 2007
Someone sent me a link to a site that played all of that backwards/hidden messages stuff. I'm sorry to say that I no longer have the link.

Way back in the late 70s, when I first heard of this, I couldn't wait to hear it. I can Honestly say that I didn't know any then, nor do I now know, any Led Zeppelin fans who aren't at least curious.
When I say Led Zeppelin fans, I mean real fans. Those people who kept their tickets even though the tour was cancelled after Mr. Bonham died.
Yeah, most of us are getting up there in age.

Hear what you're told to hear?
Not me. The person that told me about it hadn't heard it either. It took us a while to find it too but we did. It was very suprising to say the least.

I'm not convinced that any of you have heard it or want to.
Find an old turntable, with a nuetral position, grab that old scratched up record (not the good one that's still in plastic) and listen to it.
dpc

Montebello, CA

#7 Jul 12, 2007
fyi - there are a few backwords messages in Stairway To Heaven - I know this from using my 8-track to play it backwords, and the "satanic" statements are very clear - no accident, but at the same time, not intentional - my opinion is that demonic forces were involved - if that sounds crazy, consider the fact that there is a spiritual realm - unseen things are happening all around us. something to contemplate....
phillip Amato

Freehold, NJ

#8 Jul 22, 2007
ZoSo Melissa wrote:
People who have nothing to do other than to listen to music played backwards are freakin' MORONS! Led Zeppelin was a band of electricity, energy, and mysticism. Not Evil. They created soul music,'free' music, totally the contrary of ANYTHING sinister.
how are they not evil when they're album cover is a picture of a fallen angel (satan). I agree that most people read into things and most of it is bullshit, but i think it would be wrong to discredit this theory, because its an entire paragraph in series.
Janine

United States

#9 Jul 25, 2007
I'll bet if you play Pat Boone, Fran Sinatra or anyone else backwards and looked for an evil message you would hear what you are looking for. This whole back masked thing was started by the uptights of the generation who wanted to put an end to rock music. Whether there is really an intended message or not these folks would have found one. Some artists intentionally put things into the music just to piss these people off.
jimmy b

Salfordville, PA

#10 Jul 25, 2007
People, stop playing your music backwards. It was intended to be played forward, plus it sounds a lot better that way. This is just another example of irresponsible people trying to blame their problems on the music and film industry. ROCK ON !!!
Sarah Courtney

Lawton, OK

#11 Sep 19, 2007
Courtney- I THINK ITS FREAKIN SCARY!!
Heck naw...I wanna pee myself.
Sarah-creppy. they were possesed.
dave hornbuckle

New Caney, TX

#12 Sep 27, 2007
listening to your music backwards is the only way to find its true meaning
ariatoba

Indonesia

#13 Sep 28, 2007
dpc wrote:
fyi - there are a few backwords messages in Stairway To Heaven - I know this from using my 8-track to play it backwords, and the "satanic" statements are very clear - no accident, but at the same time, not intentional - my opinion is that demonic forces were involved - if that sounds crazy, consider the fact that there is a spiritual realm - unseen things are happening all around us. something to contemplate....
Can u drag those words out buddy?
Acro

Albania

#14 Oct 10, 2007
Plaaaay backwards,
Hear why its sung here, oppositioner..
Allll on track, all arriving
They all sing, and they are one.
Shall I loathe you now, parishoner?
Oh hear Him, Christian within me.
It stirs my sin; the river,
Oh, she swells with our lousiness.
All my life will end for him?
We’re all out of signs,
I know I’m sorta shocked
To hear The Lord,
My God now will save me!
Oh I will n’er be saved,
Because I live with Satan..
One wish today;
That you’ll all pray for
Three who will make it here late.
Pray now and you’ll see..
The ‘Lord’ turned me on,
But, oh, I was the shaggy fool..
Clothed in agony,
Lost at a height.
There’s no escaping it,
Nor his woes..
So here’s to my Sweet Satan.
The other’s little path
Would make me sad,
Whose power is faith.
He’ll give those with him 666.
And all the evil fools,
they know he made
us suffer sadly.
Ohohohoh…
“Family won’t get loose,
They’re offered me.”
Always soothes the worker.
Always will be as we know now
“I see ruins,” said he,
“the world they offered me?
Who wished the Lord’s fall?”
If we lose feather,
Say you’ll save me!

And no wimps can bend the rules..
And no wimps can do..

Hunt next to the shore,
‘Cause they see all from there,
See here’s the news,
Who walks with mute grief!
Perhaps no-one found thee…
“Heavy, lift me out,”
Spake the Reve,
“Someday, failed, we’ll lose one line-up,
They’ve gotta leave forsaken.”

And no wimps can do..
And no wimps can do…

He, who say the lords
Thoth have our laws,
Maat must be superb. Mass is ended..
Over there,
He who should learn thee.
Any moot that serves by my sworn music,
I wish it with snow be shushed,
All for my mass’s sake.
Hear why its sung,
here, oppositioner, Ohh..
He who should show
May make his show worthy,
To look, for us, odd.. sickly,
There’s one chance - take his show.
Hold thy head,
Hear why its sung here. oppositioner.
Who owns this earth built below?
Oh sweet Israel…

there is no fucking possibility that this is a acident
Joesalad21

Carrollton, KY

#15 Oct 13, 2007
You can reverse you music here: http://www.talkbackwards.com/
mats

Borås, Sweden

#16 Oct 13, 2007
the song remains the same!!!!! one way or another?
Dimebag

Augusta, ME

#17 Oct 17, 2007
the song was written while the band was sitting around a fire at Mick Jaggers camp in england. Acro, that is not the song backmasked, you are completely wrong. robert plant improvised almost every lyric while singer about spirituality around a camp fire
ledZep5

Allentown, PA

#18 Jan 11, 2008
Dude, theres no way thats a coincidence....
I can see if there were a couple similar words yea, but seriously, its a whole verse-

I read somewhere that Page used to joke around about a "treasure map" when he was with the Yardbirds, and that this verse could possibly be a link to some sort of map.

I also read that that quote is out of this old english magic book and that the page # leads to an adress in liverpool somewhere

...idk, those guys were messed up on everything, so its not that hard to believe

..where did Acro get that info, I want 2 look into it
ledZep5

Allentown, PA

#19 Jan 11, 2008
I dont think this has anything to do with evil or being sinnister, I just think they wanted to have some fun, u kno, mess with some people.

Im still curious though, I might go back and take a look at some of their less-listened to songs
Gollum

Berlin, Germany

#20 Jan 17, 2008
Yes, it is backwards their is very evil things goin on here in this music. he looks like antichris in the picture as well. not a thing to laugh at, and you will laugh on the other side soon! dont not be misled by this evil ness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Led Zeppelin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Universe and core flood light Dec '16 AnnaRipley 1
Vote Led Zeppelin "best rock band ever" (Dec '07) Jul '16 bambino 31
News IAAF upholds bans on Russian athletes for Rio G... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Christaliban 5
AWESOME Led Zeppelin tribute show in NYC! (Jun '16) Jun '16 purpledead 1
Led Zeppelin Fans in Central Illinois (May '16) May '16 Roc Maven 2
Led Zeppelin Quiz – 1 (May '16) May '16 ugur 1
News Duke Performances sponsors summer garden concer... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Octopus 1
More from around the web