George W. Bush makes secret visit to ...

George W. Bush makes secret visit to mourning families at Fort Hood; Laura Bush goes too

There are 440 comments on the latimesblogs.latimes.com story from Nov 8, 2009, titled George W. Bush makes secret visit to mourning families at Fort Hood; Laura Bush goes too. In it, latimesblogs.latimes.com reports that:

Last night former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura made a secret visit to the devastated military families at Fort Hood.

Fox News broke news of the visit this afternoon. Other sources said the former first couple spent about two hours meeting with the wounded, family and soldiers, talking quietly and at times hugging them as they did in private at other times of crisis such as post-9/11.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at latimesblogs.latimes.com.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#447 Jan 7, 2010
Debpatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for the answer to propaganda lie #444. We Republicans are a patient bunch.
What's wrong? Did you break your Google finger? Got wiki wrist?
If you don't know about the deleted emails that were recovered recently, than you need to get out of the cave more often. As for Rash Limpballs brush with death, it happened in Hawaii over the Xmas break. He was popping pills again and chasing them with Mai Tais. Get your mom to help you G*O*O*G*L*E all about it. lmao
Debpatriot

United States

#448 Jan 8, 2010
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong? Did you break your Google finger? Got wiki wrist?
If you don't know about the deleted emails that were recovered recently, than you need to get out of the cave more often. As for Rash Limpballs brush with death, it happened in Hawaii over the Xmas break. He was popping pills again and chasing them with Mai Tais. Get your mom to help you G*O*O*G*L*E all about it. lmao
Thanks for your answer. Google is your source & inspiration. And Wikipedia, too. Hmmm. I understand.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#449 Jan 8, 2010
Debpatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your answer. Google is your source & inspiration. And Wikipedia, too. Hmmm. I understand.
Rarely do I ever use google for research and I never use Wiki, ever. I watch the news and read. You know, books, newspapers, magazines etc. I'm sure those are quite foreign to you.

Thanks for confirming the facts I posted with such a blatant non- response since you obviously have nothing in your intellecual arsenal. Since no one else seems to bother responding to you and your irrelevent comments, I think I'll take their lead. Later lil' debbie.
Debpatriot

United States

#450 Jan 8, 2010
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text> Rarely do I ever use google for research and I never use Wiki, ever. I watch the news and read. You know, books, newspapers, magazines etc. I'm sure those are quite foreign to you.
Thanks for confirming the facts I posted with such a blatant non- response since you obviously have nothing in your intellecual arsenal. Since no one else seems to bother responding to you and your irrelevent comments, I think I'll take their lead. Later lil' debbie.
Thank you. But you have little intellectual prowess & no answers as well, so I am better off without your insults. Not sorry you didn't get the reaction you wanted though. I don't engage in thoughtless insults.Good-bye.
Hates Republitards

High Point, NC

#452 Jan 13, 2010
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text> Rarely do I ever use google for research and I never use Wiki, ever. I watch the news and read. You know, books, newspapers, magazines etc. I'm sure those are quite foreign to you.
Hey G, We know where Deb gets her research from Fox Noise channel they lead all their sheep in the republitard mental ward. They're so stupid they will chase their tails until they bite half their rump off, then they wanna blame it on somebody else.
Georgie Dubya Booosh

High Point, NC

#453 Jan 13, 2010
Debpatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. But you have little intellectual prowess & no answers as well, so I am better off without your insults. Not sorry you didn't get the reaction you wanted though. I don't engage in thoughtless insults.Good-bye.
Wait! wait! Deb, Before you leave the building will you take your brain dead drunk boy elvis bush with you?... We don't wanna see him end up in ICU from falling off the couch again...bwhahahaha
Debpatriot

United States

#454 Jan 18, 2010
Hates Republitards wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey G, We know where Deb gets her research from Fox Noise channel they lead all their sheep in the republitard mental ward. They're so stupid they will chase their tails until they bite half their rump off, then they wanna blame it on somebody else.
I usually let the made-up assumptions about me go by, but just for the record. I do not watch Fox News. Don't have cable, don't have satellite. Just get regular media t.v. Some people can decipher things for themselves.

“image gallery of moenjodaro”

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#455 Feb 11, 2010
Debpatriot wrote:
<quoted text>I usually let the made-up assumptions about me go by, but just for the record. I do not watch Fox News. Don't have cable, don't have satellite. Just get regular media t.v. Some people can decipher things for themselves.
U.S. Must Clarify its role...

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/pakistan/TTV...
True American

Oklahoma City, OK

#456 Feb 14, 2010
Deport George W.Bush
Your Hero

High Point, NC

#457 Mar 6, 2010
Debpatriot wrote:
<quoted text>I usually let the made-up assumptions about me go by, but just for the record. I do not watch Fox News. Don't have cable, don't have satellite. Just get regular media t.v. Some people can decipher things for themselves.

Here is your brain dead hero. LMAO

“image gallery of moenjodaro”

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#458 Apr 20, 2010
Your Hero wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8Ux3DKxxFoMXX
Here is your brain dead hero. LMAO
ahh ! Sad story

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#459 Apr 20, 2010
the
Barack Obama Gaffe-O-Matic

10. "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like
-- it was like Special Olympics, or something." –making an off-hand joke
during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later
called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

9. "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing
any seances." -–after saying he had spoken with all the living
presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008
(Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

8. "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice,
savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." –in remarks after
a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care
providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

7. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John
McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." –in an interview with
ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying
"your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified, Sept. 7, 2008

6. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post
Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for
government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own
argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

5. "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for
everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued
that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo,
Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

4. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white
police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his
home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009. Obama
later had to convene a "Beer Summit" at the White House to help tamp
down the controversy stirred by his remark

3. "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to
guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or
anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain
their frustrations." –speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser about his
troubles winning over some small-town, working-class voters, April 11,

2. "One such translator was an American of Haitian descent,
representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in
uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard."
–mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the
National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The
Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

1. "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go." —at a
campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008
("O.B.A.M.A.)(One Big Ass Mistake, America)"

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#460 Apr 20, 2010
Each time you blame Bush,you ADMIT FAILURE!

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#461 Apr 20, 2010
Rick in FLA wrote:
the
Barack Obama Gaffe-O-Matic
10. "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like
-- it was like Special Olympics, or something." –making an off-hand joke
during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later
called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)
9. "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing
any seances." -–after saying he had spoken with all the living
presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008
(Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)
8. "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice,
savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." –in remarks after
a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care
providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009
7. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John
McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." –in an interview with
ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying
"your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified, Sept. 7, 2008
6. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post
Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for
government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own
argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009
5. "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for
everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued
that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo,
Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008
4. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white
police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his
home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009. Obama
later had to convene a "Beer Summit" at the White House to help tamp
down the controversy stirred by his remark
3. "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to
guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or
anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain
their frustrations." –speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser about his
troubles winning over some small-town, working-class voters, April 11,
2. "One such translator was an American of Haitian descent,
representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in
uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard."
–mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the
National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The
Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)
1. "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go." —at a
campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008
("O.B.A.M.A.)(One Big Ass Mistake, America)"
Oh
Boy
Another
Mindless
Anagram from the retardicans

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#462 Apr 20, 2010
Rick in FLA wrote:
Each time you blame Bush,you ADMIT FAILURE!
Nah, it's more like you retards that elected Bush get angry when we mention him because you are embarrassed that you put someone so stupid in the White House. You should be embarrassed. He almost destroyed this country.
NO MORE BUSH

AOL

#463 Feb 15, 2011
Go Don Go wrote:
1 of 2
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
Bloodless President Barack Obama makes Americans wistful for George W Bush
Toby Harnden's American Way
Published: 5:57PM GMT 07 Nov 2009
During the election campaign, Barack Obama's cool detachment was a winning quality, the "No Drama Obama" a welcome contrast with the "Mr Angry" John McCain, never mind the hot-headed "I'm the decider" President George W Bush.
A year into his presidency, however, Mr Obama seems a curiously bloodless president. If he experiences passion, he seldom shows it. It is often anyone's guess as to whether an event or issue truly moves him.
He has spent more than two months considering a troop increase but do we know how he really feels about the Afghan war?
In a sign that the Obama honeymoon truly is over, I began to hear this week the first stirrings of a wistfulness about Mr Bush. "I never thought I'd hear myself say it," one Democrat told me. "But Obama makes you feel that at least with Bush you knew where he was on something."
When Mr Bush's Republicans were defeated in the 2006 mid-term elections, it was the President himself who stepped up and declared that his party had received "a thumpin'". The Democratic defeats on Tuesday were not on anything like the same scale but Mr Obama acted as if nothing at all had happened.
Mr Obama had campaigned for Jon Corzine, New Jersey's Democratic governor, five times, twice just last Sunday. But when Mr Corzine lost by four points in a state Mr Obama won by 15 last year - a 19-point swing to Republicans - White House aides just shrugged.
In Virginia, which Mr Obama won by six points last year, prompting Democrats to declare an historic political realignment in the state, the Democratic candidate went down by 17 points in the biggest landslide since 1961 - a 23-point swing to the Grand Old Party.
It took Senator Mark Warner of Virginia to admit that his party "got walloped". For three days, Mr Obama maintained a studied silence about the results while his aides blamed them on local factors that had nothing to do with the President. And to think that it was Mr Bush who was always accused of being "in denial".
More serious perhaps was Mr Obama's strange disconnectedness over the Fort Hood massacre of 13 soldiers by an Army major and devout Muslim who opposed the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, had praised suicide bombing and shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he opened fire.
Maybe Mr Obama had been reading the American press, much of which somehow contrived to present the atrocity as a result of combat stress due to soldiers going on repeated war deployments (though Major Nadal Hasan had not been on any) and therefore, no doubt, Mr Bush's fault.
When the television networks cut to the President, viewers listened to him spend more than two surreal minutes talking to a gathering of Native Americans about their "extraordinary" and "extremely productive" conference, pausing to give a cheery "shout out" to a man named Dr Joe Medicine Crow. Only then did he briefly and mechanically address what had happened in Texas.
On Friday, when most of the basic facts were available, Mr Obama tried again. It was scarcely any better. He began by offering "an update on the tragedy that took place" - as if it was an earthquake and not a terrorist attack from an enemy within - and ended with a promise for more "updates in the coming days and weeks".
Completely missing was the eloquence that Mr Obama employs when talking about himself. Absent too was any sense that the President empathised with the families and comrades of those murdered.
YouTube - Evidence that George W. Bush had advanced knowledge of 9-11
NO MORE BUSH

AOL

#464 Feb 15, 2011
Pale Rider

AOL

#465 Feb 16, 2011
Go to Warsaw, KY. Topix for the best of FOX NEWS

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#466 Feb 16, 2011
Pale Rider wrote:
Go to Warsaw, KY. Topix for the best of FOX NEWS
Bahahahahahahahahah

FOX NEWS- OXYMORON
Army Soldier

Columbus, OH

#467 Mar 27, 2011
sue wrote:
<quoted text>We have volunteer army none of them would be there if they didnt want too. Our armed forces felt more secure with Bush than they do with Obama. Ask them
I concur Ma'am...
This from a Soldier, serving since 1996...MOS: 11B

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laura Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'First' Kids of the White House Jun '15 Tazo 1
News Bloody Sunday 50th anniversary: Weeklong march ... Mar '15 Kahoki 8
News On China trip, as in other matters, Michelle Ob... (Mar '14) Mar '15 McGold 8
News Laura Bush, Rob Lowe, Kim Kardashian added to W... (Aug '10) Feb '15 Ronald 17
News White House Declines Comment on Michelle Obama'... (Jan '15) Jan '15 fedupwiththemess 1
News Smithsonian aims to raise $1.5B to improve museums (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 2
News When first lady looks fashionable, who pays? (Jun '14) Jun '14 fedupwiththemess 2
More from around the web