Without fanfare, Obama redecorates Ov...

Without fanfare, Obama redecorates Oval Office

There are 53 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Without fanfare, Obama redecorates Oval Office. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

When President Barack Obama moved into the White House last year, he didn't rush into the presidential tradition of redecorating the Oval Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mom

New Albany, OH

#1 Sep 1, 2010
I'm so glad we can afford an unnecessary makeover of the Oval Office. Meanwhile in other unrelated news, our national debt has almost reached $13.5 trillion.
Ohio Resident

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 1, 2010
Mom wrote:
I'm so glad we can afford an unnecessary makeover of the Oval Office. Meanwhile in other unrelated news, our national debt has almost reached $13.5 trillion.
Was not funded with tax payer dollars.
True Patriot

Apopka, FL

#3 Sep 1, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if this illegal muslim communist usurpin fraud and thief hanging out in our White House with his band of thugs, used the pattern from the headrag Arafat wore for the new drapes in the Oval Office!

Obama is the biggest fraud in the history of the world!

Sorry Madoff but you will have to take a back seat to this fraud we have illegally in our White House.

There isn't enough clorox in the world to cleanse the White House from this scumbag and Moooochele aka Mrs. Darth Vader!
annie mousse

Bellefontaine, OH

#4 Sep 1, 2010
yep, lack of reading comprehension skills.
article really should've been buried under features as it really isn't news.
really

Columbus, OH

#5 Sep 1, 2010
What does he want, a parade? Certainly the media would give him one.

"It wasn't a priority given the state of the economy and how much was on his plate, aides said."

It's nice to see he has his priorities in order, now that the economy is rolling again and he has less on his plate.
The national media area a disgrace.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Albion, NY

#6 Sep 1, 2010
Ohio Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Was not funded with tax payer dollars.
One word: WRONG!
Alexandria

Marengo, OH

#9 Sep 1, 2010
This so called president is CLUELESS. YES I MISS BUSH, more and more every day !
Tea Party Tim

Blacklick, OH

#10 Sep 1, 2010
maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>One word: WRONG!
Maybe try reading the article instead of just reacting to the headline. It clearly states that the redecorating was paid for by the Presidential Inaugural Committee. the PIC is funded by private donations, much like a typical political campaign.

So really, all the bashers are getting OUTRAGED that he's spending the money of Democratic donors. LOL. Glad you're looking out for the Dems like that.
Alexandria

Marengo, OH

#11 Sep 1, 2010
OH and if we don't think it's a good idea to spend money to redecorate the oval office, I'll just bet that makes us racist !! Huh
one

Newark, OH

#12 Sep 1, 2010
The "Father" lives well, the children of America go hungry, lack proper education.
Congratulations Mr. President. You're doing just fine for Yourself.
Would you consider throwing your old furniture under a nearby bridge, there's some homeless children that could use a soft place to sit and not eat.
P.S. Please leave a crumb of food under the cushions.
bumper sticker

Lancaster, OH

#13 Sep 1, 2010
He's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 1, 2010
No homo, but all that yellow and brown looks weak and bland. Needs more blue to offset the yellow. Some Remington bronzes on the sidetables. Jeez, I need to go drink a beer and shoot something now to bring my testosterone level back up.
69 95 per night

Lancaster, OH

#15 Sep 1, 2010
The Oval Office looks like a freakin' mid-class hotel room now.
Monica

Saint Joe, IN

#17 Sep 1, 2010
69 95 per night wrote:
The Oval Office looks like a freakin' mid-class hotel room now.
Did he add a humidor?
Ohio Resident

Columbus, OH

#18 Sep 1, 2010
Alexandria wrote:
OH and if we don't think it's a good idea to spend money to redecorate the oval office, I'll just bet that makes us racist !! Huh
He's NOT THE FIRST President to redecorate the oval office. BASHERS with short memories ??
Kaci

Cleveland, OH

#20 Sep 1, 2010
Look at all of the racism puring out of the general public! Every president has redecorated the Oval Office, where were you comments then?!? No wonder America cannot move forward, some still hold onto the past.
Terp

Mcdonough, GA

#21 Sep 1, 2010
Why bother to redecorate now? He only has a couple more years to enjoy it. And besides, he's rarely there anyhow. Makes more sense to order one of those snazzy dressed-up golf carts like they use out in Palm Springs--might be less expensive too.
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#22 Sep 1, 2010
Just saw a picture of how the OO looked under GW Bush and it was just as bad- same yellow and brown color scheme. Less-than-great minds think alike.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Albion, NY

#23 Sep 1, 2010
Kaci wrote:
Look at all of the racism puring out of the general public! Every president has redecorated the Oval Office, where were you comments then?!? No wonder America cannot move forward, some still hold onto the past.
And the pass was a hell of a lot better than what we have now.Well maybe not so much when Jimmy Carter was in office,but darn close. I hope all of you liberal democrats are happy with what is joke of a prez.is doing to our country,I know I'm not.BTY: Where did he put his prayer rug?,just asking.
HSOK

Delaware, OH

#25 Sep 1, 2010
Well that was thoughtful of the Obama's not to use tax payer's money and people he was clueless > read the article correctly it was done as a surprise so get off the negative issues . Although I'm not a Obama supporter > you can not blame the man for something he had nothing to do with and that appears to be evry issue it's Obama's fault . The bottom line is here > the man has a black father and the father was a Muslim > he's dam if he does or dam if he does'nt . It's pure prejudice let the 200 year thing goes and so will the black people , every time they feel they are owe something . It's as if the table have turn (right) but ! who is making it that way ? We the people , I my self a white person > but on a daily basic I'm thinking what difference does it make the color of the skin , when one needs a vital organ to live it does not matter what race or nationality that organ donor was HUH ? Give the man the benefit of the doubt at lease he's trying to do good unlike the drunk did !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laura Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nancy With the Laughing Face Mar '16 Shapeshifter 1
News Our Opinion: Recognitions, donations top good n... Feb '16 Look farts 14
News George W. Bush stumps for brother Jeb on Republ... Feb '16 Aryan Defender 19
News Bush Center rings in holidays with literary fav... (Nov '15) Dec '15 Synque 11
News Bush Center celebrates a storybook Christmas (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Jenna Bush Joins The Today Show (Aug '09) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 248
News 'First' Kids of the White House (Jun '15) Jun '15 Tazo 1
More from around the web