George W. Bush: Egyptian Protests an...

George W. Bush: Egyptian Protests an...

There are 50 comments on the ABC News story from Jul 2, 2013, titled George W. Bush: Egyptian Protests an.... In it, ABC News reports that:

Former President George W. Bush today called the massive protests playing out in the streets of Egypt an "evolution" in the country's march toward mature democracy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#1 Jul 2, 2013
We STILL Do Not even have democracy in this country, with the NWO Globalist Oligarchy in control of the Main-Stream Media, that Media PREVENTING pro-American, pro middle-class politicians from being successful.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2 Jul 2, 2013
WTF does Boooosh know or care about "democracy?" His totalitarian regime rendered secret prisoners to Mubarak's torture chambers, for chrissakes!

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et. al. should be doing life in prison.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#3 Jul 2, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
We STILL Do Not even have democracy in this country, with the NWO Globalist Oligarchy in control of the Main-Stream Media, that Media PREVENTING pro-American, pro middle-class politicians from being successful.
Let's hope it stays that way. We don't need or want a democracy here! I would like it to get back to a Constitutional Republic, the way our founders intended.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#4 Jul 2, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope it stays that way. We don't need or want a democracy here! I would like it to get back to a Constitutional Republic, the way our founders intended.
Hey there! I was thinking of you. Went to 7 Ponds the other day. G-D construction!
well

Stoney Creek, Canada

#5 Jul 2, 2013
I'm not sure if Arabs/Africans and democracy go together.
Fry Bush Cheney

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jul 2, 2013
BUSH AND CHENEY AND OBAMA SHOULD BE TRIED FOR BEING TRAITORS AND EXECUTED . READ BELOW :

The Bush family and the S&L Scandal

Neil, George Jr., George Sr., and Jeb Bush

The Savings and Loan industry had been experiencing major problems through the late 60s and 70s due to rising inflation and rising interest rates. Because of this there was a move in the 1970s to replace the role of S&L institutions with banks.

In the early 1980s, under Reagan, regulatory changes took place that gave the S&L industry new powers and for the first time in history measures were taken to increase the profitability of S&Ls at the expense of promoting home ownership.

A history of the S&L situation can be found here:

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/historical/s&l/

What is important to note about the S&L scandal is that it was the largest theft in the history of the world and US tax payers are who was robbed.

The problems occurred in the Savings and Loan industry as they relate to theft because the industry was deregulated under the Reagan/Bush administration and restrictions were eased on the industry so much that abuse and misuse of funds became easy, rampant, and went unchecked.

Additional facts on the Savings and Loan Scandal can be found here:

http://www.inthe80s.com/sandl.shtml

There are several ways in which the Bush family plays into the Savings and Loan scandal, which involves not only many members of the Bush family but also many other politicians that are still in office and still part of the Bush Jr. administration today. Jeb Bush, George Bush Sr., and his son Neil Bush have all been implicated in the Savings and Loan Scandal, which cost American tax payers over $1.4 TRILLION dollars (note that this is about one quarter of our national debt).

Between 1981 and 1989, when George Bush finally announced that there was a Savings and Loan Crisis to the world, the Reagan/Bush administration worked to cover up Savings and Loan problems by reducing the number and depth of examinations required of S&Ls as well as attacking political opponents who were sounding early alarms about the S&L industry. Industry insiders were aware of significant S&L problems as early 1986 that they felt would require a bailout. This information was kept from the media until after Bush had won the 1988 elections.

Jeb Bush defaulted on a $4.56 million loan from Broward Federal Savings in Sunrise, Florida. After federal regulators closed the S&L, the office building that Jeb used the $4.56 million to finance was reappraised by the regulators at $500,000, which Bush and his partners paid. The taxpayers had to pay back the remaining 4 million plus dollars.

Neil Bush was the most widely targeted member of the Bush family by the press in the S&L scandal. Neil became director of Silverado Savings and Loan at the age of 30 in 1985. Three years later the institution was belly up at a cost of $1.6 billion to tax payers to bail out.

The basic actions of Neil Bush in the S&L scandal are as follows:

Neil received a $100,000 "loan" from Ken Good, of Good International, with no obligation to pay any of the money back.
Fry Bush Cheney

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jul 2, 2013
BUSH LIKE OBAMA IS A COCAINE POT HEAD PIG . Scumbags owned by the Jewish Mafia like Walt Disney Jewish Scum .

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
A Constitutional Republic is a FORM of democracy, you ignorant right-wing pinhead...

SE Michigan

#9 Jul 2, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there! I was thinking of you. Went to 7 Ponds the other day. G-D construction!
I was there the other day too. What a coincidence. Amazing how with just a slight change in elevation, you go from skunk cabbage to may apple! Were you attending that wedding? Or just out for a walk?

SE Michigan

#10 Jul 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
A Constitutional Republic is a FORM of democracy, you ignorant right-wing pinhead...
Democracy means majority rules.
Republic recognizes individual rights.

Big difference!

Someday, you might not like what the majority wants...then you'll get it!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#11 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I was there the other day too. What a coincidence. Amazing how with just a slight change in elevation, you go from skunk cabbage to may apple! Were you attending that wedding? Or just out for a walk?
Took my daughter out for a hike....You know....Appreciating being a Michigander...

SE Michigan

#12 Jul 2, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Took my daughter out for a hike....You know....Appreciating being a Michigander...
I hear ya. Long weekend starts tomorrow night. Perfect weather, a few days off, good birds..... what more could you ask for? Life is good!
Helen Hayes

Arlington, VA

#13 Jul 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
WTF does Boooosh know or care about "democracy?" His totalitarian regime rendered secret prisoners to Mubarak's torture chambers, for chrissakes!
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et. al. should be doing life in prison.
you make me laugh, WTF does O'baaama know or care about Democracy. Yes , free health care for poor immergrants, but screw the mid class, gay marrage for all.what a bunch of degene-rats. You see professor it can all be turned right back on you. Now thats true democracy.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#14 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I hear ya. Long weekend starts tomorrow night. Perfect weather, a few days off, good birds..... what more could you ask for? Life is good!
Yeah....life really is good.

Mishigama.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#15 Jul 2, 2013
amcummer

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 2, 2013
well wrote:
I'm not sure if Arabs/Africans and democracy go together.
I agree they'll never find the leader that they are looking for.

SE Michigan

#17 Jul 2, 2013
Faith wrote:
@Raptor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =skI7w1mIt2wXX
Thank you so much for that! What great memories from the seventies! Quality music and entertainers and no need for any wardrobe malfunctions back then either. Best decade ever!
Maybe you'll remember this one! Turn up the volume and enjoy.

SE Michigan

#18 Jul 2, 2013

SE Michigan

#19 Jul 2, 2013
How in the world did these guys know?????

SE Michigan

#20 Jul 2, 2013
Gosh, I'm just having too much fun with this now. Sorry if I'm off topic.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laura Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nancy With the Laughing Face Mar '16 Shapeshifter 1
News Our Opinion: Recognitions, donations top good n... Feb '16 Look farts 14
News George W. Bush stumps for brother Jeb on Republ... Feb '16 Aryan Defender 19
News Bush Center rings in holidays with literary fav... (Nov '15) Dec '15 Synque 11
News Bush Center celebrates a storybook Christmas (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Jenna Bush Joins The Today Show (Aug '09) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 248
News 'First' Kids of the White House (Jun '15) Jun '15 Tazo 1
More from around the web