Laura Bush Speaks at STAB

Laura Bush Speaks at STAB

There are 30 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Laura Bush Speaks at STAB. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A special guest is in Charlottesville today to speak with students at Saint Anne's Belfield School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#25 Sep 27, 2010
N Pelosi wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite agree. Kids need a variety of points of view represented to let them see that everyone does not think the same way they, their friends, and their parents do. A diversity of opinions is a good thing.
I'm certain you would feel the same way if Michelle Obama were speaking, right?
If the message was as benign as Laura Bush's message; “giving back”,“make a difference” and so on. It would not bother me in the least if Michelle Obama visited an area school.
stab parent

Brookneal, VA

#26 Sep 27, 2010
I am an indepenant and there is no love here for the current administration. I just think a better choice could have been made for the money spent on her. She comes off as a stepford wife and that is NOT an example I want for my daughters. Of course I have taught my children to listen to all points of view but this isnt one. The STAB parent community swings strongly to the right. This isnt anything these kids havent heard before. Stop the attacks. Why so vicious? There are a lot of great speakers out there.

Charlottesville

#32 Sep 28, 2010
stab parent wrote:
I am an indepenant and there is no love here for the current administration. I just think a better choice could have been made for the money spent on her. She comes off as a stepford wife and that is NOT an example I want for my daughters. Of course I have taught my children to listen to all points of view but this isnt one. The STAB parent community swings strongly to the right. This isnt anything these kids havent heard before. Stop the attacks. Why so vicious? There are a lot of great speakers out there.
She comes off as a stepford wife and that is NOT an example I want for my daughters.

Please explain what you meant by this statement.
abcd

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Sep 28, 2010
stab parent wrote:
How can you teach them to "listen to ALL points of view" but not this one?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34 Sep 28, 2010
stab parent wrote:
You are correct in saying that there are a lot of great speakers out there and Laura Bush is one. For you to say that she comes off as a "stepford wife" is an ignorant and uninformed comment. I seriously doubt that her husband would have been elected president without this gracious lady beside him. She also kept him in check when she thought that some of the remarks he made when he made speeches were inapproiate. She was a catalyst for helping with his alcohol problem when he liked his Jack Daniels by threating to leave him if he did not give it up. She is only one of the two first ladies who has ever had a masters degree and has been an educator her entire life and, still speaks out for her beliefs. For you to compare Laura Bush with a "stepford wife" is ridiculous and shows how opinionated and narrow minded you are. You obviously do not know facts and don't care to learn them before making a comment such as this. You need to go out and purchase her book "True", read it and, hopefully learn more about this former first lady.

Location hidden

#35 Sep 28, 2010
Correction to above comment-threating should be threatening.

Location hidden

#36 Sep 28, 2010
N Pelosi wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite agree. Kids need a variety of points of view represented to let them see that everyone does not think the same way they, their friends, and their parents do. A diversity of opinions is a good thing.
I'm certain you would feel the same way if Michelle Obama were speaking, right?
Your comments (not just this one) lead me to believe that you may be suffering from OSS..."Obama Stockholm Syndrome". I will be looking for H. Reid and M. Obama posts next, N. Pelosi.

Charlottesville

#37 Sep 28, 2010
abcd wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you teach them to "listen to ALL points of view" but not this one?
It's not the message stab parent has a problem with. It's that her last name is Bush. So in essence what stab parent is teaching her daughters is that you judge people by their name and not the content of their message.
abcd

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Oct 7, 2010
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the message stab parent has a problem with. It's that her last name is Bush. So in essence what stab parent is teaching her daughters is that you judge people by their name and not the content of their message.
You nailed it!
yipes

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Oct 7, 2010
stab parent wrote:
I feel sorry for your daughters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laura Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barbara Pierce Bush Will Be the Keynote Speaker... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Jim 1
News George W. Bush did not vote for Hillary Clinton (Nov '16) Nov '16 Mohammad Ahsanul ... 1
News George W. Bush did not vote for Clinton, despit... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Stupid Enough 3
News Country icon joins George, Laura Bush for birth... (Oct '16) Oct '16 betty johnson 1
News Fulton native sings for the Bush family comment (Aug '16) Aug '16 Meow Jeb 1
News Nancy With the Laughing Face (Mar '16) Mar '16 Shapeshifter 1
News Our Opinion: Recognitions, donations top good n... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Look farts 14
More from around the web