Laura Bush Speaks at STAB

Laura Bush Speaks at STAB

There are 30 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Laura Bush Speaks at STAB. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A special guest is in Charlottesville today to speak with students at Saint Anne's Belfield School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stab Parent

Brookneal, VA

#1 Sep 24, 2010
Cant express how disappointed I am to have STAB host this speaker. What are they thinking? Is this the example we want for our daughters? I would really like to know how much was spent to bring Ms. Bush here. Our money should be better spent.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
Cant express how disappointed I am to have STAB host this speaker. What are they thinking? Is this the example we want for our daughters? I would really like to know how much was spent to bring Ms. Bush here. Our money should be better spent.
I doubt that everyone shares your opinion. Laura Bush will be a good speaker and sets a good example for young people. Regardless as to how anyone feels about our former president, Laura Bush has always been a lady and is her own person.
The Real Shelley

Chase City, VA

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Awesome! We just beat the heck out of St. Annes in volleyball yesterday!

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
That's right let's keep STAB as far left as possible. To he.. with any other point of view except yours. I think they should have had Attorney General Eric Holder speak about how to discriminate against white voters. And how he lied about not being involved in the case against the new black panther party. Better yet let's get Nancy Pelosi to come speak. She could march into the school holding that over sized gable that she used to beat down any opposition to the health care disaster that Obama signed.

Get a grip. Is this what you teach your children. To shut them out from any point of view except yours.
abcd

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 24, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
I do not understand what you mean by "is the example we want for our daughters?" Are you opposed to exposing your "daughters" to people who do not share your opinions?

Location hidden

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Patriot, great post... wish I could have thought of all that! I had to laugh when I envisioned "San Fran Nan" marching in with that over sized gable and pounding it if she wasn't applauded for her brilliant left wing "nut job" speech.
Leslie Love

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 24, 2010
can someone tell me WHY she won't allow her "speech" to be recorded ????
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 24, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
Absolutely. Why couldn't we get Bug-eyed Nan or "For the first time in my life I am proud of my country" Michelle ma-belle Obama? I'm sure Nan could divert her Gulfstream this way, and Michelle ma-belle could find time from her busy celebrity party schedule to stop by and bash the tea party.
Bill

Johnson City, TN

#9 Sep 24, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
OMG is STAB a cult?
Jim 4 School Board

Earlysville, VA

#11 Sep 24, 2010
I am proud of the fact that Laura Bush came to speak here in Charlottesville. I would welcome Michelle Obama, or Hillary Clinton, or Barbara Bush.
It seems we have a trend of better first ladies than Presidents in the last 20 years. I would rather have any of them speak to my daughters than their husbands.
Jim Stern
Tiny Wood Hammer Police

Ferrum, VA

#12 Sep 24, 2010
Bengalandi wrote:
Patriot, great post... wish I could have thought of all that! I had to laugh when I envisioned "San Fran Nan" marching in with that over sized gable and pounding it if she wasn't applauded for her brilliant left wing "nut job" speech.
It is called a gavel, not a gable.
SUNDOWN

Buckingham, VA

#13 Sep 24, 2010
I think she was a great speaker. My 9 year old was impressed by her speach and decided she wanted to do something special every week starting next week to give back to the community. May be Laura Bush could have gave few pointers to her husband!:) It was amazing that her speech incorporated tons of facts about the school and teachers. She called out students and faculty by their names. I am by far not a fan of Mr. Bush; however, I was amazed by Mrs. Bush's exceptional public speaking abilities. Perhaps, the security was overrated. Does she really need so many security personnal?

Location hidden

#14 Sep 24, 2010
Tiny Wood Hammer Police wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for correcting me. Obviously you didn't see the same word used in Patriot's comments or you would have corrected his too. You are not doing a very good job of policing. I thought Pelosi would use a pointed gothic gable with a finial for all the pounding she does. Afterall, she is delusional! Now, back to the topic...what do you think about Laura Bush being the speaker at STAB?

Charlottesville

#16 Sep 25, 2010
Bengalandi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for correcting me. Obviously you didn't see the same word used in Patriot's comments or you would have corrected his too. You are not doing a very good job of policing. I thought Pelosi would use a pointed gothic gable with a finial for all the pounding she does. Afterall, she is delusional! Now, back to the topic...what do you think about Laura Bush being the speaker at STAB?
Sorry the "v" is right next to the "b". Can you say typo? I really don't know how anyone, right or left could disagree with Mrs. Bush's message about giving back to the community.

Charlottesville

#17 Sep 25, 2010
Tiny Wood Hammer Police wrote:
<quoted text>
I build houses for a living I could have had work on my mind. As in reverse gable in a roof line.
GoodJob

Marietta, GA

#19 Sep 25, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
How ridiculous! Do you object to the fact that Mrs. Bush was once a teacher in an inner city school in Texas? Perhaps you object to her previous job as a school librarian. Is that the type of person you do not want your children to hear speak? I see her as a gracious lady, always smiling, always polite and someone who chose to be an educator before marrying and having children. Perhaps you object to her literary efforts in Texas as first lady or her continued interest in education after she became first lady of the United States. Are you the type of person who thinks a wife is only be defined by the actions of her husband? If so, then is our current Secretary of State a philandering adulterer? Mrs. Bush is a person in her own right, a person who has set a good example for America's youth by encouraging them to achieve. If you object to such a person, then I am afraid you are teaching your children to be just the type of people I would not want my children to associate with, narrow minded.
brian

Richmond, VA

#20 Sep 25, 2010
So would it be better bring in her husband and Obama and let them speak about being street junkies. Poor Obama and his wife have never held a tenured job in their lives, not academic and not no way. Poor Obama still hides in the curtilage of the WH sucking cigarettes so that he wont relapse.

The Obamas exploited our growing victim class and enriched themselves handsomely. Nope of the last two teams in the WH this is the only one of the four that is fit to speak to school aged children. Obama and his wife along with Pres. Bush are simply stated grifters that refined their skills in the Ivy League. And for good measue throw in the Clintons and this applies. Seems that the Ivy produces dregs do well in DC.
ActionJackson

South Boston, VA

#21 Sep 25, 2010
Stab Parent wrote:
Well, who would you want? Lindsey Lohan? Kathy "trashmouth" Griffin? Idiot.
catherine

United States

#22 Sep 25, 2010
Laura Bush was a great First Lady and has always supported literacy and education. Can the parents around here grow up and support a good message to the local students without low blows with a personal agenda?
N Pelosi

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Sep 26, 2010
C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>That's right let's keep STAB as far left as possible. To he.. with any other point of view except yours. I think they should have had Attorney General Eric Holder speak about how to discriminate against white voters. And how he lied about not being involved in the case against the new black panther party. Better yet let's get Nancy Pelosi to come speak. She could march into the school holding that over sized gable that she used to beat down any opposition to the health care disaster that Obama signed.
Get a grip. Is this what you teach your children. To shut them out from any point of view except yours.
I quite agree. Kids need a variety of points of view represented to let them see that everyone does not think the same way they, their friends, and their parents do. A diversity of opinions is a good thing.

I'm certain you would feel the same way if Michelle Obama were speaking, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laura Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Obama's memoir will come out in November Feb '18 Retribution 53
News Barbara Pierce Bush Will Be the Keynote Speaker... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Jim 1
News George W. Bush did not vote for Hillary Clinton (Nov '16) Nov '16 Mohammad Ahsanul ... 1
News George W. Bush did not vote for Clinton, despit... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Stupid Enough 3
News Country icon joins George, Laura Bush for birth... (Oct '16) Oct '16 betty johnson 1
News Fulton native sings for the Bush family comment (Aug '16) Aug '16 Meow Jeb 1
News Nancy With the Laughing Face (Mar '16) Mar '16 Shapeshifter 1