Speeders in residential areas targeted by police

Jul 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WytheNews

A crackdown on speeders in residential areas of the town of Wytheville is under way.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

Since: Nov 09

Wytheville Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Well this is good news, but why does this have to be a special announcement? Isnít this what the local police force is supposed to be doing? The street I live and the one a block over have cars speeding up and down them all the time. The stop sign at the corner of my block gets run a lot, sometimes they donít even slow down. I would say about 45% of drivers donít signal turns or lane changes either. I donít mean to be picky but itís irritating to be waiting for someone at a turn just to have them turn by you without signaling. Or, to sit at a four way stop thinking that the person across you is going straight just to have them about turn into because they didnít signal. A lot of preventable accidents are caused by people not signaling their turns. Even when people do signal I still wait to see what they are going to do just because you never know, and Iíve learned to be a very defensive driver with some of the mindless people out there, especially with the usage of cell phones while driving.
Bev

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

I agree with you 100%. Turn signals are not used much around here and I think cell phones are the root cause of a lot of driving issues. People flying around you 10 miles an hour faster, then cut right back in front of you and jam the brakes on.

The news paper talked about catching speeders on Mountain View Drive. Well, I'd like to see them target the people who park in the road and even on both sides of the street. Two cars can't pass in several areas of the street. I'm referring to the end of Mountain View Drive next to Cove Road. People have junky looking motor homes and junk piled up in their driveways and yards and park their cars in the road. Did it all winter long too so roads couldn't get plowed. Ticket them.
Snow Plow

Wytheville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Judged:

Now Now! Lets not get excited. If the vehicles are registered and licensed they can park on the street. Remember, junk is in the eye of the beholder. Don't throw rocks you may live in a glass house.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lambert Discussions

Search the Lambert Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ADAM LAMBERT made our Top 50 Hottest Jewish Men... (Apr '12) Apr '12 may2285 1
Passaic County sheriff's motor pool director pl... (Mar '11) Mar '11 wayne resident 1
Concert Review | Adam Lambert: For glam 'Idol,'... (Jul '10) Sep '10 lily 4
Concert Review | Adam Lambert: For glam 'Idol,'... (Jun '10) Jul '10 LSCH 67
For glam a Idol,a his 15 minutes of fame still ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Questioning 1
St. Louis airport theft ring busted (Mar '09) Mar '09 len117 2
St. Louis airport theft ring busted (Mar '09) Mar '09 George 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••