The Man Who Changed My World -- Remem...

The Man Who Changed My World -- Remembering Kurt Cobain

There are 58 comments on the Blogcritics story from Apr 5, 2007, titled The Man Who Changed My World -- Remembering Kurt Cobain. In it, Blogcritics reports that:

I try to live life with as little regret as possible, but sometimes it's just too much to ignore. It's amazing to even myself how much regret I have as it pertains to one person. A person I never met. I'm not always sure how I feel about it myself. Sometimes I wonder if I should just let it go, but certain things hit you at a certain time in your life, and no matter what ups or downs you experience, they will be with you.

Thirteen years ago today, on April 5th, 1994, Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, and reluctant voice of a generation, died in his Lake Washington home due to a shotgun blast to the head. It would be three days until his body was discovered.three days until a legion of the most important music fans since the days of George, Paul, John, Ringo, Plant, Page, and Sabbath would be forever changed. Three days until part of me would be dead, too. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Blogcritics.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jessica

Riverside, CA

#41 May 30, 2007
hey me too actually, also sliver was because the bassline is so sweet

“addicts need clean needles”

Since: Apr 07

were bambi died

#42 May 30, 2007
hey I learned how to play sliver too it's a wicked sweet bassline too
Jessica

Riverside, CA

#43 Jun 3, 2007
yeah krists basslines are pretty sweet

were bambi died

#44 Jun 3, 2007
yeah simple but not just johny three note sh** either
Jessica

Riverside, CA

#45 Jun 3, 2007
yeah, he jammed econo

were bambi died

#46 Jun 3, 2007
not sure what econo means but hell yeah anyways
Jessica

Riverside, CA

#47 Jun 5, 2007
like the minutemen, "we jam econo" like Mike Watt, D Boon? anyways, Krist rocks

were bambi died

#48 Jun 5, 2007
oh-HELL YEAH
Jessica

United States

#49 Sep 20, 2007
psh yeah
for sure, gotta love minutemen :)
Austin

Naperville, IL

#50 Feb 2, 2009
He changed my life.
He came into my life just at the right time, when change was needed more then ever.
Kristen

West Palm Beach, FL

#51 Feb 15, 2009
true rocker, thats not cool. you see a bunch of big nirvana fans. but of course u have to stick your little opinion in to get a bit of attention. i would recommend you to go back to listening to your "slipknot" and "all that remains" and leave us the hell alone.

so anyway, yeah.. kurt changed my life to. i view things differently, and he basically got me into all kinds of punk rock. hes an amazing soul.. and well, im just glad everyday he exsisted on this world. R.I.P kurt

“#61”

Since: Dec 08

Buffalo, New York

#52 Feb 19, 2009
Nirvana and Kurt Cobain have changed my life drastically. Listening to Nirvana helps me to deal with everything in my life, just helps me to get away. I got into guitar because of Cobain and Nirvana. He and Nirvana rocked so f**king hard, I listen to their live stuff obsessively. He changed the way I think, and the way I act. I learned to not give a f**k what anyone thinks of me, and Cobain and Nirvana have inspired me to try and change the music scene(it's currently horrendous). I'm starting a band, writing songs, and stuff like that, just to try and make a difference. Kurt Cobain has had an enormous impact on my life, an impact bigger than anything else that has affected my life.
Jason Larson

Berkeley, CA

#53 May 22, 2009
Kurt was pure freedom and creation...Those of us who know, know the world doesn't handle those who can see through the bullshit. Fighting an useless war with corruption will surely lead to self-destruction. Kurt came along when I needed to belong somewhere. I wouldn't have survived my teens and 20's if it weren't for the relief that Kurt taught me. I went to Art school to be a sound engineer and study music when I graduated in '93. '94 changed all that though. I love Kurt, and Courtney, and Frances. Live for freedom, and fun, and stand up for what is right protect EARTH and ANIMALs.
InBloom

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#54 Jun 3, 2009
I dont think I will ever get over his death
Lyubov

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Jun 9, 2009
Kurt has been a tremendous influence on my life; I never looked at music the same way again after Nirvana. When Kurt died, part of me died, too. He was music.
BRING BACK GRUNGE

New Orleans, LA

#56 Jun 12, 2009
InBloom wrote:
It totally fks me up..Im still mourning..so many memories I have with his music.
I miss that whole fkin era!!!!!!!!!!

“Without End”

Since: Jun 09

Towson, MD

#57 Jun 19, 2009
Changed my life, dude. I wouldn't be the same without him.

RIP Kurt D. Cobain

See you on the other side, bro.

“Without End”

Since: Jun 09

Towson, MD

#58 Jun 19, 2009
InBloom wrote:
I know it sounds crazy, but I light an incense for him everyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Cobain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best 45 Kurt Cobain Tattoos Jan '17 herseydenvar 1
News Nirvana Fans Furious About Chili Peppers Video (May '06) Jan '17 tony briar mitchell 697
News Psychic Says Kurt Cobain Was A 16th Century Mur... (May '06) Aug '16 LisaW 61
News Bexar County District Attorney Nico LaHood: 'Va... (Aug '16) Aug '16 friend 1
News Courtney Love Reminisces About Kurt Cobain on A... (May '14) Aug '16 LisaW 3
Kurt Cobain Converse (Jun '16) Jun '16 Lalaland 1
nirvana – “smells like teen spirit” – quiz -1 (May '16) May '16 ugur 1
More from around the web