The Man Who Changed My World -- Remembering Kurt Cobain

Apr 5, 2007 Full story: Blogcritics 58

I try to live life with as little regret as possible, but sometimes it's just too much to ignore. It's amazing to even myself how much regret I have as it pertains to one person. A person I never met. I'm not always sure how I feel about it myself. Sometimes I wonder if I should just let it go, but certain things hit you at a certain time in your life, and no matter what ups or downs you experience, they will be with you.

Thirteen years ago today, on April 5th, 1994, Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, and reluctant voice of a generation, died in his Lake Washington home due to a shotgun blast to the head. It would be three days until his body was discovered.three days until a legion of the most important music fans since the days of George, Paul, John, Ringo, Plant, Page, and Sabbath would be forever changed. Three days until part of me would be dead, too. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
peoplearefake

Burlington, NJ

#1 Apr 14, 2007
He changed my life, too.
benjina

North Conway, NH

#2 Apr 14, 2007
yea he definetly changed the way I thought about sh**
alex

Brisbane, Australia

#3 Apr 14, 2007
me too. hes partly the reason why i took up guitar in the first place.. made me realise i can do whatever i want and f*** what anyone else thinks
James

Irvine, UK

#4 Apr 15, 2007
alex wrote:
me too. hes partly the reason why i took up guitar in the first place.. made me realise i can do whatever i want and f*** what anyone else thinks
yeah me too exactly about the guitar and the way i think its amazing how one man could change so many peoples lifes without even knowing it and then 13 years later continue to do so with people as young as 12 he was something special
rob

Canada

#5 Apr 15, 2007
im 11 and he did that for me i leaned almost all the in utero songs
peoplearefake

Mount Laurel, NJ

#6 Apr 16, 2007
Rock on Rob. In Utero is the best Nirvana album.
Jessica

Encino, CA

#7 Apr 17, 2007
i like bleach better, but yeah iu was good and of course nevermind
peoplearefake

Clementon, NJ

#8 Apr 17, 2007
you know, when I think about it.. Bleach and In Utero are rivals in greatness. Actually, Bleach is the only Nirvana album I own a hard copy of, liner notes and all. "Paper Cuts" is one of my favorite songs.
Rose

Irvine, UK

#9 Apr 18, 2007
Jessica wrote:
i like bleach better, but yeah iu was good and of course nevermind
yeah bleach is great its really raw i love love buzz and also incesticide was awsome too =) but theyre all different it a great way
alex

Brisbane, Australia

#10 Apr 18, 2007
yeah, i liked bleach's rawness. i didnt like the middle eastern influenced love buzz as much as i liked paper cuts and negative creep tho lol and blew!. fantastic album
True Rocker

Indiana, PA

#11 Apr 22, 2007
I'm so glad he killed himself. I hate Nirvana. They suck and have no talent. They just regurgitated old punk riffs cause they had no originality.
fweeble

Cherry Hill, NJ

#12 Apr 22, 2007
True Rocker wrote:
I'm so glad he killed himself. I hate Nirvana. They suck and have no talent. They just regurgitated old punk riffs cause they had no originality.
ok, true rocker, what bands do you listen to?

“addicts need clean needles”

Since: Apr 07

were bambi died

#13 Apr 22, 2007
True Rocker wrote:
dude your a serios peice of shi** dude if you don't like the music then what the hell ever your gay I'm fine with that but what kind of detached assh*** wishes death upon someone ecspecially an icon like kurt cobain and i swear to god if you say you listed to poisen or ratt or some bullsh** like that i will tear you and whatever testical you have away from eachother so you can sing like them too
anti-social and proud

Cherry Hill, NJ

#14 Apr 22, 2007
True Rocker wrote:
Newsflash: Every band pretty much "regurgitates" old riffs. If you are such the rock connoisseur then what do you rock out to?
anti-social and proud

Cherry Hill, NJ

#15 Apr 22, 2007
True Rocker wrote:
Oh, and one more thing: You go have yourself a bout of depression and then tell me how you feel about wishing death on someone.
alex

Brisbane, Australia

#16 Apr 22, 2007
haha 'true rocker' does anyone else see the irony in that? im sorry :( but the spoce girls dont count as real rock - you tool :)
alex

Brisbane, Australia

#17 Apr 22, 2007
*spice (i always fck up when i wana say something)

were bambi died

#18 Apr 23, 2007
think true rocker will ever message back or is he to pune to I hope he gets hit the head with something heavy
anti-social and proud

Cherry Hill, NJ

#19 Apr 23, 2007
Ah, the true rocker is too true to his rock to defend his views on a mere pop iconoclast such as Kurt Cobain. But as long as he does not respond, we can imagine all the sophisticated, inventive hair metal bands that he is listening to.

were bambi died

#20 Apr 23, 2007
and how he wishes tight lethar pants and hair with ten cans of hair spray were still in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Cobain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtney Love Reminisces About Kurt Cobain on A... (May '14) Aug '14 Juliano Valentin 2
Was Kurt Cobain Gay? (Oct '13) May '14 WasteWater 62
City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue (Feb '14) Mar '14 Kurt The Doper Kid 5
City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue (Feb '14) Mar '14 darrell howland 154
Nirvana Fans Furious About Chili Peppers Video (May '06) Feb '14 SuicideBLONDE 695
Remembering the Life and Legacy of Kurt Cobain (Apr '12) Feb '14 -Persephone- 6
Kurt Cobain quotes at age 14 (Dec '06) Dec '13 Dream Crystal 159
More from around the web