The Artwork of Kurt Cobain

Apr 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: OhNoTheyDidnt

Exactly 18 years after the suicide of Kurt Cobain , The Fix unveils five of his original artworks .

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2012

“Nirvana”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

be so nice if someone got all kurt's artwork together & published it in a book :)

“Nirvana”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

“Nirvana”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

nathanielornament wrote:
be so nice if someone got all kurt's artwork together & published it in a book :)
It sounds like you need to take a look at a book called Cobain Unseen. It is a biography but a lot of stuff from his scrap books were reproduced, including some drawings he did as a kid.

U.K

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

i have the book Cobain Unseen (Charles Cross) - it's like a biographical scrapbook. Not quite an art book as it doesn't discuss the artwork; although it's a worthwhile book. Cobain was a better poet than an artist imo.

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Dream Carousel wrote:
i have the book Cobain Unseen (Charles Cross)- it's like a biographical scrapbook. Not quite an art book as it doesn't discuss the artwork; although it's a worthwhile book. Cobain was a better poet than an artist imo.
Yeah but it did have some of his artwork in it. There was one picture of a lighthouse that he drew when he was like 8 years old that I thought was really good for a kid of that age.

U.K

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

dmc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but it did have some of his artwork in it. There was one picture of a lighthouse that he drew when he was like 8 years old that I thought was really good for a kid of that age.
Yes that was good. He had artistic talent without a doubt. If he wasn't famous for Nirvana, i don't know if his art would be famous as it isn't well known now. Although i agree with "nathanielornament", a book of just his art/discussing it would be something worthwhile.

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Dream Carousel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that was good. He had artistic talent without a doubt. If he wasn't famous for Nirvana, i don't know if his art would be famous as it isn't well known now. Although i agree with "nathanielornament", a book of just his art/discussing it would be something worthwhile.
Very true, but it was interesting to find out he was an artist in every sense of the way. Most people don't realize that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kurt Cobain Discussions

Search the Kurt Cobain Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtney Love Reminisces About Kurt Cobain on A... May '14 Too bad 1
Was Kurt Cobain Gay? (Oct '13) May '14 WasteWater 62
City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue Mar '14 Kurt The Doper Kid 5
City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue Mar '14 darrell howland 155
Nirvana Fans Furious About Chili Peppers Video (May '06) Feb '14 SuicideBLONDE 695
Remembering the Life and Legacy of Kurt Cobain (Apr '12) Feb '14 -Persephone- 6
Kurt Cobain quotes at age 14 (Dec '06) Dec '13 Dream Crystal 159
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••