New deal means Kurt's songs will be h...

New deal means Kurt's songs will be heard in 'places it's never...

There are 18 comments on the Nme.com story from Mar 31, 2006, titled New deal means Kurt's songs will be heard in 'places it's never.... In it, Nme.com reports that:

The singer, who was married to Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain prior to his suicide in 1994, has said she's sold the share to Larry Mestel of Primary Wave Music Publishing .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nme.com.

fecalmatterislea king

United States

#1 Mar 31, 2006
http://inyourfacedalecrover.blogspot.com/
yeah its true
teh kurdt at his best
twiggyfish

Donaldson, AR

#2 Apr 5, 2006
what the fcuk?? why the hell did she get 98% and dave and krist each got 1%. it's as much their music as it is kurt's, and a HELL of a lot more than it is courtney's!
Kid Antrim

Lovington, NM

#3 Apr 6, 2006
I miss him.....
john

Westland, MI

#4 Jun 21, 2006
twiggyfish wrote:
what the fcuk?? why the hell did she get 98% and dave and krist each got 1%. it's as much their music as it is kurt's, and a HELL of a lot more than it is courtney's!
I agree courtney should have got the 2% i feel bad dave and krist have no control over the music they helped make fawk C.L.
Jessica

United States

#5 Jun 28, 2006
me too Courtney 2%
Razimus

Tucson, AZ

#6 Oct 3, 2006
twiggyfish wrote:
The reason Krist and Dave didn't get jack is because they both wrote about 2% of Nirvana's songs, Kurt wrote every single song, drum, bass, guitar, lyrics for all songs on the Nirvana albums (except for In Utero Dave & Krist contributed a bit but not that much) not including covers and songs written for Nirvana like love buzz.
Patty

United States

#7 Oct 3, 2006
Whatever, if it's true, I'd LOVE to hear them again.
DanaCobain

Idanha, OR

#8 Oct 4, 2006
It's true, Dave and Krist got cheated when courtney pressured kurt to take a bigger share of profits. Those guys made a big difference in the sound. They should have gotten a larger cut. But keep in mind, they got their fair share of the concert profits. It's just that kurt wrote most everything so his share came in thru the royalties, the credits on the songs. But the friendship must have suffered a great deal after kurt renegotiated it. Now that's Dumb. oh well, kurt always had a way of stepping on some people's toes, then they would want to beat him up or something...and he did unfortunately, get beat-up occasionally, for some pretty hellatious outrageous extreme stuff he would try on people. And "beat me out of me" lyrics tell of that.
Oh well. I hope he learned. It's a pity it wasn't easier, on everybody including him...but those who knew kurt knew that he could be difficult at times, to say the least. Got to luv 'im, anyway. He does deserve that too.
DanaCobain

Idanha, OR

#9 Oct 4, 2006
fecalmatterisleaking wrote:
http://inyourfacedalecrover.bl ogspot.com/
yeah its true
teh kurdt at his best
I tried your link, it gets an error msg from blogspot. Is this Dale the drummer?
NoGod

Van Nuys, CA

#10 Oct 4, 2006
'Beat me out of me' is a reference to the act of "shooting up".
Jessica

United States

#11 Oct 4, 2006
Razimus wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason Krist and Dave didn't get jack is because they both wrote about 2% of Nirvana's songs, Kurt wrote every single song, drum, bass, guitar, lyrics for all songs on the Nirvana albums (except for In Utero Dave & Krist contributed a bit but not that much) not including covers and songs written for Nirvana like love buzz.
i just saw an interview from in utero on youtube from like 1991 or 1992 or something, that has kurt saying that they were going to collaborate a lot more because it takes the pressure off of kurt, so I think they wrote way more than 2% but kurt definately wrote the majority.
Jessica

United States

#12 Oct 4, 2006
Razimus wrote:
<quoted text>
besides, even if they didn't write all the lyrics, they still should have gotten way more because they were in the band, and they played with Kurt and when one is in a band, it is like everyone shares everything and that's the way Nirvana was.
Jessica

United States

#13 Oct 4, 2006
DanaCobain wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried your link, it gets an error msg from blogspot. Is this Dale the drummer?
me too, error message.
Jessica

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2006
DanaCobain wrote:
It's true, Dave and Krist got cheated when courtney pressured kurt to take a bigger share of profits. Those guys made a big difference in the sound. They should have gotten a larger cut. But keep in mind, they got their fair share of the concert profits. It's just that kurt wrote most everything so his share came in thru the royalties, the credits on the songs. But the friendship must have suffered a great deal after kurt renegotiated it. Now that's Dumb. oh well, kurt always had a way of stepping on some people's toes, then they would want to beat him up or something...and he did unfortunately, get beat-up occasionally, for some pretty hellatious outrageous extreme stuff he would try on people. And "beat me out of me" lyrics tell of that.
Oh well. I hope he learned. It's a pity it wasn't easier, on everybody including him...but those who knew kurt knew that he could be difficult at times, to say the least. Got to luv 'im, anyway. He does deserve that too.
there's this video on youtube and it's when Kurt does a stage dive and a bouncer whacks him across the face and then Kurt whacked him with his guitar. funny.
NoGod

Van Nuys, CA

#15 Oct 4, 2006
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
there's this video on youtube and it's when Kurt does a stage dive and a bouncer whacks him across the face and then Kurt whacked him with his guitar. funny.
That was at Trees club in Dallas, TX back in 1991. Nevermind had just been released but wasnt huge yet.
Jessica

Riverside, CA

#16 Oct 5, 2006
it said that that was right after Smells like teen spirit had been released and every club wanted them but they still kept their gig there and everyone was going crazy.
SAD

Russia

#17 Aug 22, 2007
Hello!!! I from Russiya
Nick

Canada

#18 Mar 20, 2008
Kid Antrim wrote:
I miss him.....
Me Too :(

You Shouldn’t Have Left
==========
why did you have to go,
why didnt you know
what would be missed
and how things would change.

didnt you know,
i needed you,
more then you could ever imagine,
we all needed you so much.

and i know what youre thinking,
but im not the same,
not in that way,
not life changing,
or world effecting.

we all need you so much still,
why can’t you come back,
please try
please try
please try.

Kurt Ashton
February 10th, 2008
http://www.kurtashton.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Cobain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Cobain Converse Jun 15 Lalaland 1
nirvana – “smells like teen spirit” – quiz -1 May 27 ugur 1
Too much pain (Oct '15) Oct '15 JL Braly 1
Kurt cobains own paintings and drawings (54 image) (Sep '15) Sep '15 herseydenvar 1
Any good? (Sep '15) Sep '15 Easy 1
where and when was kurts red hair photo shoot t... (Aug '15) Aug '15 nyc_kurt_lover159 1
Kurt Cobain quotes at age 14 (Dec '06) Jul '15 ShaikhReza 160
More from around the web