Rapper T.I. Arrested Before BET Award...

Rapper T.I. Arrested Before BET Awards, Wins Two Trophies

There are 57 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Rapper T.I. Arrested Before BET Awards, Wins Two Trophies. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

ATLANTA - T.I. won with two trophies at Saturday night's BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta, but he wasn't on hand to take either one home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lena-Jacksonvill e Fla

United States

#44 Oct 15, 2007
To be honest no one really knows what
went on, everyone are just jumping to conclusions, and think they know.
you can't really go by what the news says because the news makes up majority of they information so everyone can get all hype up.A lot of viewers or listeners do not want their children listen to rap music because of the lyrics, but to be honest with you, it does no have anything to do with the type of music or what they say in the music, it's all bout how you raise your child in your house hold, so if you have disrespecting activity in your home of course your child is going to act like a HOODLUM or THUG. So everyone who's looking for a positive impact from the rappers ought to feel real stupid and low to even want someone who don't even know you or your child to become a positive impact towards your family. If T.I allows violence or stupidity around his family that will make him look less of a man, just because he has body guards doesn't mean they can always dodge a bullet,can't no one really dodge a bullet, this man has a family to provide for and protect he can't allow harm to him and his family, those body guard ain't SH** compared to a gun war. I feel like this if you do not know the whole information, please stop making stupid,dumb,lame A** comments about this man, because you are not the one in this situation. Put your foot in his shoes and then talk
Free T I P

North Augusta, SC

#45 Oct 15, 2007
free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.
Lena-Jacksonvill e Fla

United States

#46 Oct 15, 2007
Free T I P wrote:
free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.free T.I.
That's what's up,they know what it is
Capnhwitey

Columbia, SC

#47 Oct 16, 2007
bandit_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is a cracker you idiot
Listen to her political ads on the radio. My daughters are goin to get $5K for school. The can spend $2K on beauty school and pocket the $3K leftover.

“I am my Biggest fan”

Since: Jun 07

Gadsden SC

#48 Oct 16, 2007
Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
All kids, not matter the generation, have entertainers and sports figures they look up to. All kids have figures other than their parents who inspire them. Sam Cooke was mine. I loved Sam. Areatha was another one. Loved her, wanted to sing like her, wanted to talk like her, wanted to be her. Charlie Parker (Bird) was perhaps the greatest alto saxophonist to ever have lived. He was also a habitual heroin user. A lot of jazz artists during his time got high on heroin believing to do so would enable them to play like Bird. To his credit, Bird tried to dissuade this (something these idiot rappers don't do). Talk to any kid who is in to sports, more than likely they saw someone on T V or read about someone who inspired them. The parents, if they are parents, hopefully, will instill within their child or children the necessary values to give them the necessary tools to make proper choices so that they might distill the real from the fake. My parents did that with me and a lot of parents do that today-maybe not enough of them, but most parents try.
One other thing, NWA's first Album "Straight Out of Compton" was a materpiece. I accurately reflected the realities of life at that particular time in Compton. The problem is you paint a picture, then paint another. Hopefully with each picture you paint, there will be a progression. Gangsta Rap does not represent a progression-it represents a regression. Its allright to reflect a reality, but you must also reflect solutions. There are no solutions to anything represented in gangsta rap.
Rap artist and jazz artist are two different type of artist! I get what you are saying, but if you would listen to the word in the music you will understand that rappers are not role models! Unless it's Will Smith! Parents need to raise their own kids! And not allow someone outside of their house raise their kids!

“I am my Biggest fan”

Gadsden SC

#49 Oct 16, 2007
bandit_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is a cracker you idiot
Bill and Hilary are black!
Linda

Camden, SC

#50 Oct 16, 2007
Whew,(am I really saying this....) Thundercat, you hit the nail on the head.........(wow, that wasn't so bad after all) lol lol lol
Thundercat wrote:
<quoted text>Rap artist and jazz artist are two different type of artist! I get what you are saying, but if you would listen to the word in the music you will understand that rappers are not role models! Unless it's Will Smith! Parents need to raise their own kids! And not allow someone outside of their house raise their kids!
Tra U

Columbia, SC

#52 Oct 16, 2007
I Think he did somthing wrong but everybody has did somthing wrong in there life "no ones perfect"
Flash

United States

#53 Oct 17, 2007
T.i is a great rapper. That was a dumb mistake on his part. He made a bad decision to buy machine guns. He could of handle his problem another way. But who is us to say becuase you don't know what is the real reason for him to arm himself with those high caliber weapons. Just made a bad decision. Should've paid for more security or just lay low for a while now that decision will cost him dearly.
Flash

United States

#54 Oct 17, 2007
Linda wrote:
Whew,(am I really saying this....) Thundercat, you hit the nail on the head.........(wow, that wasn't so bad after all) lol lol lol
<quoted text>
Rockstars and heavy metal artist is not role models either so what are you talking about. Look at Britney Spears for instance.
Flash

United States

#55 Oct 17, 2007
Just for the record not all rappers are bad role models. Outkast for instance.
Linda

Camden, SC

#56 Oct 23, 2007
And what are you talking about..........I care as much about Britney Spears as I do for the devil......which is absolutely nothing.
Flash wrote:
<quoted text> Rockstars and heavy metal artist is not role models either so what are you talking about. Look at Britney Spears for instance.

“I am my Biggest fan”

Gadsden SC

#57 Oct 23, 2007
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ! OK! Ha ha ha
One Love

Columbia, SC

#58 Oct 23, 2007
Thundercat wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha ha ! OK! Ha ha ha
Thunda! Thunda! Thunda! Thundercat Hooooooooo!
whats up miss lady?..will you be at the Spring Valley / LR game friday
TammieJ

Hollywood, FL

#59 Oct 24, 2007
I agree yall need 2 free T I, n yall haters need 2 shut up, cuz if u aint tryna support T I yall can get da steppin. Like i said yall need 2 free T.I.
One.
somebody from kershaw

Camden, SC

#60 Oct 24, 2007
I think that the white man always doing something to see the black man get in trouble thats how its always been and it seem like its not going to change in no way.
Ted low

United States

#61 Dec 11, 2008
There’s a great video with KRS-One on SF Iam. One of the pioneer in rap, and hip-hop, back in the day with it was called “the jam.” KRS-One tells it like it is to a group of students at the Academy of Art in San Francisco.

KRS has got a great philosophy on school and life. You can check out the vid here:

http://www.sanfranciscoiam.com/videos/dcf9d78...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KRS-One Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darkside Releases New EP 'Free Agent (Tru Stori... (Jul '14) Dec '14 Darkside7785 7
News Ocean's 12: How America's Hip-Hop generation ma... (Jul '12) Mar '14 Big Knob 6
KRS-One idolized (Jun '07) Mar '14 Lauren 9
News Rapper KRS-One 'starts own religion' (Sep '09) Mar '14 Lauren 5
News KRS-One: Lil Wayne Cries. The Greatest. The Gos... (Jun '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News Hip-Hop Pioneer Krs-One Producing Rap Music for... (Jul '10) Jul '10 jonathan kohl 1
News Why Would Anyone Ever Set Out To Be A Rapper? (Jun '10) Jul '10 miss no name 2
More from around the web