Rapper T.I. Arrested Before BET Award...

Rapper T.I. Arrested Before BET Awards, Wins Two Trophies

There are 57 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Rapper T.I. Arrested Before BET Awards, Wins Two Trophies. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

ATLANTA - T.I. won with two trophies at Saturday night's BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta, but he wasn't on hand to take either one home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
christie

Chapin, SC

#1 Oct 15, 2007
another glorified criminal....and people idolize these guys?? what losers...
Caring Citizen

Columbia, SC

#2 Oct 15, 2007
And they wonder why Rappers have a bad name, because it only takes a few to make a bad name for all. It shouldn't be like that though, the works of one shouldn't reflect on the works of others, but somehow in this industry it does. "Picking up guns and silencers his bodyguard got for him." I wonder what he was planning on doing with them?

“I am my Biggest fan”

Since: Jun 07

Gadsden SC

#3 Oct 15, 2007
"What you know about that!"
Capnwhitey

Columbia, SC

#4 Oct 15, 2007
They just pickin on a brotha. They need to go to the Country Award show and arrest them rednecks for incest and meth making.

“Don't Worry, Be Happy”

Since: Apr 07

Smile...Someone loves you!

#6 Oct 15, 2007
All I have to say is...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H.
Breathe.and
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!
Just Me

Columbia, SC

#7 Oct 15, 2007
Hmmm... a convicted felon can't own a gun. What part of that doesn't he understand? Now the bodyguard will be in trouble too. What a waste. T.I. must stand for Total Idiot.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 Oct 15, 2007
Rapper = street thug. And, we are paying for it in more ways than one.
have mercy

Camden, SC

#9 Oct 15, 2007
Capnwhitey wrote:
They just pickin on a brotha. They need to go to the Country Award show and arrest them rednecks for incest and meth making.
Typical illiterate criminal loser who doesn't believe in taking responsibility for your actions. Get a job.
Capnwhitey

Columbia, SC

#10 Oct 15, 2007
have mercy wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical illiterate criminal loser who doesn't believe in taking responsibility for your actions. Get a job.
Wait until Hillary is elected and you crakers gotta pay me reparations.
Jackie

West Columbia, SC

#11 Oct 15, 2007
I saw TI and Nelly (one of my favorites) on BET the other night on a panel about HIP HOP and women. I was floored by some of their comments. Especially TI. Here he was talking about Rappers rap about what they see and I believe he said something about rappers being motivational (some are or were). Stanley Crouch had to point out in a round about way that music is suppose to inspire and uplift-qualities I don't believe TI has exposed in his music. I read online some of his lyrics and to say they are awful is an understatement (at least the lyrics I read). This entire gangsterism fostered by a lot of these rappers is a disgrace to all that black music has stood for. It is also a disgrace to black people in general since the images these idiots project has nothing to do with black culture or the majaority of black people.
Stop The Madness

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2007
The media should stop glorifying these types of losers and start uplifting more typical blacks who actually work hard, have never lived in "the ghetto", pay their bills, and don't use drugs.
ZWA

Elgin, SC

#14 Oct 15, 2007
A rapper getting arrested, what a shocker.
Cola Resident

Andrews, SC

#15 Oct 15, 2007
What a bunch of idiots!(Most rappers,( including the white ones!) They can't even sing and have NO talent. Why do people buy their "music" anyway? Smart people Both black and white don't buy into this foolishness. By the way capnwhitey, most people with sense (white and black) think that redneck meth makers are idiots too. It isn't real bright to defend stupidity just because it's someone of your own race. I hope all the meth heads in Lex Co. wind up in jail too.
Cola Resident

Andrews, SC

#16 Oct 15, 2007
If you want to listen to GOOD music by black artists go back to the 60s and 70s where the black artists COULD sing and had real talent.
Hope

Columbia, SC

#17 Oct 15, 2007
Cola Resident wrote:
If you want to listen to GOOD music by black artists go back to the 60s and 70s where the black artists COULD sing and had real talent.
Every black artist doesn't do hip hop or rap and they have just as much talent as any other genre of music. The 60s and 70s music as a whole was better than today but I'm also sure no artist wants to go back to the time when you were not paid for your work.
Latrice Denise Lucas

Orangeburg, SC

#18 Oct 15, 2007
I LUV YO PICTURE.
Mrs_P

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2007
It is ashame that rappers ALWAYS let us down. I try to defend them but they just continue to do stupid stuff...now I am a TI fan because he is one of the hottest out right now but how could you be such an IDIOT that you get caught up with these kinds of charges. Now, sorry to say but he IS going to do some time and he IS going to lose a lot of what he has. It's a shame that it ISN'T a shocker that a rapper got arrested. I read in an article that he is confident his name will be cleared...dream on because he will definitely be doing some time behind this. I feel sorry for Hip Hop because it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Just when they started to pull forward, something goes on that pushes them 10 steps back. So all that he was talking on BET that night just went straight down the drain. He was on 106&Park talking about Hip Hop and how everyone needs to distinguish between what they are supposed to listen to and what they are supposed to actually do. Thanks a lot T.I. Your career is over and you just confirmed that rappers are nothing but a bunch of mindless thugs....Thanks so much.
Latrise Denise Lucas

Orangeburg, SC

#21 Oct 15, 2007
THA BET AWARDZ WAS OFF THA HOOK.BUT I WANNT 2 KNW WAS LIL'JON THIER
One Love

Columbia, SC

#22 Oct 15, 2007
Cola Resident wrote:
that is your opinion. but record sales, and sound scan has a different opinion. You have to realize that there is a different between rap and hip hop. Rappers entertain, they are in it for the money, many have gimmicks or slogans, hip hoppers are in for the love of the genre. They are creative with their lyrics, imaginative with their delivery. a lot of inspiration came from the early years. But money wise rap has surpassed hip hop and early R& B and has become a billion dollar industry
Jackie

West Columbia, SC

#23 Oct 15, 2007
One Love wrote:
<quoted text>
that is your opinion. but record sales, and sound scan has a different opinion. You have to realize that there is a different between rap and hip hop. Rappers entertain, they are in it for the money, many have gimmicks or slogans, hip hoppers are in for the love of the genre. They are creative with their lyrics, imaginative with their delivery. a lot of inspiration came from the early years. But money wise rap has surpassed hip hop and early R& B and has become a billion dollar industry
Very astute obervation on rap and hip hop. One thing though, the sale of rap music has declined within the last year. Rap has surpassed hip hop and early r & b for several reasons. The first being that music to a large degree is not longer segregated as it once was and thus rap did not face the barriers of early r & b. You must remember at the dawn of r & b, the was much discrimination against the music and whites hated it and the fact that their children listened to it. In the seventies, you had pretty much the same thing even though some would say the seventies represented the best in black music with groups such as Earth Wind and Fire, Funkadelic, Al Green, The Spinners, The O'jays, The Emotions Rolls Royce and the list is endless. Actually the music of the 90's was pretty good. I loved New Jack Swing. It must be said that there is nothing wrong with HIP-HOP-esecially old school Hip Hop. Its just that the music has been hijacked by these thugs who try to portray this stone cold image. The thing is, they rap all of this stuff about keepinig it real and the hood, even though the succesful ones like TI don't even live in the hood. TI does not live in the hood. Why can't he use lyrics to provide a message to young people so that they can be inspired to live a life like him. These thug rappers are a disgrace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KRS-One Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darkside Releases New EP 'Free Agent (Tru Stori... (Jul '14) Dec '14 Darkside7785 7
News Ocean's 12: How America's Hip-Hop generation ma... (Jul '12) Mar '14 Big Knob 6
KRS-One idolized (Jun '07) Mar '14 Lauren 9
News Rapper KRS-One 'starts own religion' (Sep '09) Mar '14 Lauren 5
News KRS-One: Lil Wayne Cries. The Greatest. The Gos... (Jun '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News Hip-Hop Pioneer Krs-One Producing Rap Music for... (Jul '10) Jul '10 jonathan kohl 1
News Why Would Anyone Ever Set Out To Be A Rapper? (Jun '10) Jul '10 miss no name 2
More from around the web