question on "Sunday Mornin' Coming Do...

question on "Sunday Mornin' Coming Down" lyrics

Posted in the Kris Kristofferson Forum

bja

Paris, France

#1 Dec 19, 2013
Hello all
I'm working on a translation of the lyrics, and have a question about one sentence, can't really make up my mind on the meaning so I thought I'd ask the experts.
"I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking."

Problem is "picking", is this a reference to the guitar (picking), ie "playing", or simply "selecting" ( as a juke box or something?).
I'm not sure what this "songs I'd been picking" means.
What do you guys think?

thanks a bunch

bja
Gini

Canyon Lake, TX

#2 Dec 22, 2013
I think it means songs he'd been picking on the guitar.
tessy k

Watertown, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2014
I believe the line is "I smoked my brain the night before on cigarettes and songs that I'd been pickin' " I think he means he smoked a ton of cigarettes while he was playing (pickin') the guitar and singing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kris Kristofferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tickets for nashville (Mar '16) Mar '16 rambler 1
News TV miniseries 'Texas Rising' takes big-screen a... (May '15) May '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Am I mistaken? (Mar '15) Mar '15 70chevyc20 1
News Lorde, Katy Perry Added To Grammy Lineup (Jan '14) Jan '14 I HATE New Days 1
News Ray Price, velvet-voiced country singer, dies (Dec '13) Dec '13 BARRON PILGRIM 1
News Unreleased Ray Charles Recordings are Focus of ... (Sep '10) Jun '13 stranger 2
News Reviews of the latest music releases (May '13) May '13 Val 1
More from around the web