Homophobic Has-Been Kirk Cameron's New Job: NOM Mouthpiece

Jul 11, 2012 Full story: www.queerty.com 316

Kirk Cameron pissed off everybody when he went on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight and decried homosexuality as "unnatural," "detrimental," and "ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization." Well, not everyone : His hateful rhetoric landed the former Growing Pains star a gig as a spokesman for the National Organization for Marriage

Full Story

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#146 Jul 14, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
the term "homosexual" was NOT coined until the 1880's, so the bible NO way could have had that term originally. It was jammed in sometime in the 1950's so is SO not Christ's words at all. Don't try to make it up as you go along. Very sloppy.
Clearwater

Winnipeg, Canada

#147 Jul 14, 2012
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do people like you ever take 1 minute out of your day to do some research before making ignorant claims? On the 1st page of a google search "is homosexuality a choice. Poll", I saw on 3 or 4 headers, 47% of americans believe homosexuality is a choice, from a poll in 2009. How is that a majority?
Besides, it doesn't matter what we personally think, or your pastor or sky daddy thinks. What matters is what the experts know, and most of all, what gay people are 100% sure of, and that is, it is natural, and not a choice.
It's a choice dingbat.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#149 Jul 14, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>the term "homosexual" was NOT coined until the 1880's, so the bible NO way could have had that term originally. It was jammed in sometime in the 1950's so is SO not Christ's words at all. Don't try to make it up as you go along. Very sloppy.
yup. jammed in there by MAN not God or Christ!

Palm Springs, California

#150 Jul 14, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
More than 80% of AIDS cases in Canada are among homosexual or bisexual males; other diseases suffered either exclusively, or in larger percentages by the homosexual population, include: anal cancer, chlamydia trachomatis, cryptosporidium, giardia lamblia, herpes simplex virus, HPV, gonorrhea, viral hepatitis B and C, and syphilis.
If you are so worried, then STOP going to Canada and having sex with men, you tool. Why are you so SCARED, unless you have some reason to be scared?
Clearwater

Winnipeg, Canada

#151 Jul 14, 2012
Joe LaForm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really dumb enough to believe that gay people choose to be gay? When did you choose to be straight? And why would God make gay people in the first place?
You really are a stupid person. Gay is not natural or normal but a disease. It is natural and normal for a man and woman to have sex with each other. The same cannot be said for a man and man to have sex with each other. God may have made the human race. But he did not intend for the human race to engage in promiscious behaviour or commit other unnatural acts such as stealing, or murder. It's okay. The devil will have lots of room in hell for all the world's a#%holes.
God loves you too

La Porte, TX

#152 Jul 14, 2012
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a stupid person. Gay is not natural or normal but a disease. It is natural and normal for a man and woman to have sex with each other. The same cannot be said for a man and man to have sex with each other. God may have made the human race. But he did not intend for the human race to engage in promiscious behaviour or commit other unnatural acts such as stealing, or murder. It's okay. The devil will have lots of room in hell for all the world's a#%holes.
Homosexuality is against God's will and is an abomination. He does not make mistakes. Homosexuals clearly are not born that way and that is the final word on it. We will pray for their deliverance. They can accept it and ask for forgiveness for their sin as I do daily, or parish. It's up to them. As someone that loves them, I hope they choose Christ.
God loves you too

La Porte, TX

#153 Jul 14, 2012
Oops. Sorry for the typo. Perish, not parish.

Palm Springs, California

#154 Jul 14, 2012
God loves you too wrote:
Oops. Sorry for the typo. Perish, not parish.
i actually think that was a Freudian slip on your part and joining a parish is REALLY akin to death. Death of reason and freedom, that is. Both are as bad as physical death.
OkieDarren

Ashland, MO

#155 Jul 14, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Simple question...do you follow all of Leviticus?

This verse did not say "homosexual" by the way, the word didn't exist in Paul's time
OkieDarren

Ashland, MO

#156 Jul 14, 2012
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Vile blasphemy. Your claims are lies, it is perfectly natural for some people to be gay it was proven to not be a disease decades ago.
Being gay is NOT a sin and this un-Christian lie that they go to "hell" deeply insults God
Hate and threats are not Christian
God loves you too

La Porte, TX

#157 Jul 14, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>i actually think that was a Freudian slip on your part and joining a parish is REALLY akin to death. Death of reason and freedom, that is. Both are as bad as physical death.
I meant perish as in "shall not perish, but have everlasting life." If the parish spelling is correct in that context, then I apologize for my ignorance. I simply hit an a instead of e and saw it slip into cyberspace as I hit 'post comment'.
OkieDarren

United States

#158 Jul 14, 2012
God loves you too wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is against God's will and is an abomination. He does not make mistakes. Homosexuals clearly are not born that way and that is the final word on it. We will pray for their deliverance. They can accept it and ask for forgiveness for their sin as I do daily, or parish. It's up to them. As someone that loves them, I hope they choose Christ.
More hate and lies. It IS Gods will for some people to be gay. It is foolish crap to call God's plan an "abomination".
No person is delivered. There is no such thing as a former homosexual. Nobody will perish, God forgives sins. If you love them stop spreading hate and lies and cheap threats and treat them with real love.

Palm Springs, California

#159 Jul 14, 2012
God loves you too wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant perish as in "shall not perish, but have everlasting life." If the parish spelling is correct in that context, then I apologize for my ignorance. I simply hit an a instead of e and saw it slip into cyberspace as I hit 'post comment'.
Oh, calm down, it ain't that important, dear.

I am cutting you a break for you actually SEEM like a REAL Christian, one who takes her religion seriously and does NOT use it as a weapon to taunt. Have a good day.
just me

Searcy, AR

#160 Jul 14, 2012
Damn! I really liked him! Like 20 years ago!

Palm Springs, California

#161 Jul 14, 2012
just me wrote:
Damn! I really liked him! Like 20 years ago!
The last time his career was actually current.
Clearwater

Winnipeg, Canada

#162 Jul 14, 2012
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Vile blasphemy. Your claims are lies, it is perfectly natural for some people to be gay it was proven to not be a disease decades ago.
Being gay is NOT a sin and this un-Christian lie that they go to "hell" deeply insults God
Hate and threats are not Christian
It is not natural. Homosexuality was the main behaviour that resulted in the Aids virus being spread.
If you engage in immoral behaviour such as homosexuality you can be sure that Lucifer has a place for you in Hell.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#163 Jul 14, 2012
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not natural. Homosexuality was the main behaviour that resulted in the Aids virus being spread.
If you engage in immoral behaviour such as homosexuality you can be sure that Lucifer has a place for you in Hell.
Meanwhile, here in the real world, every legitimate major medical and psychological organization in the world disagrees with your bizarre views on homosexuality.
God loves you too

La Porte, TX

#164 Jul 14, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, calm down, it ain't that important, dear.
I am cutting you a break for you actually SEEM like a REAL Christian, one who takes her religion seriously and does NOT use it as a weapon to taunt. Have a good day.
My reply to you was calm. You were confused and I simply clarified my position. I will say, however, that you know not my gender nor, do you know what is real and what isn't. I see where people are taunted FOR their beliefs on these forums to get the desired result of anger only to turn around and accuse one of not being a real Christian once they are angered. When a person is a Christian, it does not mean they are perfect, just saved. Maybe your advice to calm down would be best directed at the boy named Darren. Thank you for cutting me a break, whatever that meant. You needn't do it though. I am fine while being attacked. They are just words from people I don't know.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#165 Jul 14, 2012
God loves you too wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no god and your views on homosexuality are dangerously outdated.
God loves you too

La Porte, TX

#166 Jul 14, 2012
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but I disagree on one point. God forgives sins. Great and small. Not sure whether a lifetime of bad choices of a sexual nature fall into a big or small category, but if they ask, in the name of Christ, they will be forgiven. Hell is for those that refuse. At least that is what I believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Cameron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikki Sixx blasts Kirk Cameron for controversia... (Mar '12) Nov '14 TheAfroHedgehog 27
Tracey Gold Hits Kirk Cameron At GLAAD Media Aw... (Mar '12) Aug '14 Imprtnrd 3
Are Kirk Cameron's Views on Gay Marriage Experi... (May '14) Jun '14 Sexual Bolshevism 16
Kirk Cameron Slams Grammys, Plugs New Movie (Jan '14) Feb '14 Homophobic Trash 55
Motivation Quotes: 92 Affirmations For Immediat... (Jan '12) Dec '13 Roger Pace 2
Kirk Cameron's 'Unstoppable' Success (Oct '13) Oct '13 thinkingabovemypa... 1
'Growing Pains' star says marriage worth fighti... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Fa-Foxy 11
More from around the web