Kim Carnes has friends in high places

Kim Carnes has friends in high places

There are 1 comment on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Kim Carnes has friends in high places. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

With a career that began in the mid-1960s, hit records as both a performer and a songwriter to this day, and a host of inventive collaborators eager to work with her, the music business has been very good to Kim Carnes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

Hoops Dude

Maywood, NJ

#1 Nov 27, 2009
I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately (I'm gonna be 43 soon) and some of it has to do with my days as a growing teenage boy in the early 80's. I had a neighbor whose daughter was 24 at the time and had just left her no good husband and moved back with her parents. Natalie (not her real name) was my first crush on an older woman and this was way before the cougar/MILF craze of recent years. Natalie had beautiful auburn hair, beautiful brown eyes and a body that was definitely a "10+"; but the one thing that seperated Natalie from the others was when she would be doing her favorite thing: sunning by her backyard pool!!!! Yours truly would get a front row view of Natalie looking drop dead sexy in a black strapless one piece bathing suit and when she would rub the cocoa butter suntan lotion on her legs and bare arms and shoulders, it certainly rocked my world!!!! Plus Kim Carnes "More Love" was a big hit at the time and whenever that song would come on the radio, I would think about Natalie & for a teenage boy it was like watching Cheryl Tiegs only this wasn't Sports Illustrated, it was live and in living color. Natalie rarely went into the pool but if it got too hot, she would take a quick dip but she was careful to make sure that she had earplugs with her if she went underwater because she had a history of ear trouble. I can't remember what I had for lunch last Sunday but I can still remember a then 24 year old goddess named Natalie in a one piece strapless bathing suit back in 1980.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kim Carnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Songwriters Hall of Fame announces 2010 nominat... (Oct '09) Oct '09 JIna Wild 7
News Celebrity birthdays (Jul '08) Jul '08 St Paul Girl 4
News 'Bette Davis Eyes' shines in Carnes' Grammy memory (Feb '07) Feb '07 Guilherme from Br... 1
More from around the web