'Jersey Boys' Has Just The Right Attitude - From New Jersey

Full story: Hartford Courant

Is it hip to be from New Jersey ? After years of being the punch line for comedians, the state is getting, well, if not respect, at least some cultural cachet.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Rick

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Hmmm...for the Garden State to "be hip again" it would have to have been hip in the past, which it has not!
G McG

Mount Arlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 2, 2009
 
Living in New Jersey requires a good sense of Humor. Everyone jokes about it, even people who live here. There is a lot more to NJ than the grunge you see from the highway.
I am not a big Frankie Valli fan, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed "Jersey Boys". It's a really fun show.
G McG

Mount Arlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 2, 2009
 
Rick wrote:
Hmmm...for the Garden State to "be hip again" it would have to have been hip in the past, which it has not!
We aren't hip. We only have the best schools, and have surpassed CT as the state with the highest average income. Plus we are wedged in between the cultural attractions of NYC and Philadelphia. Maybe, It's hip to be square.
Jersey What Exit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 2, 2009
 
G McG wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't hip. We only have the best schools, and have surpassed CT as the state with the highest average income. Plus we are wedged in between the cultural attractions of NYC and Philadelphia. Maybe, It's hip to be square.
Most rates of cancer, biggest toxic waste dumps...yup beautiful state. Best part of Jersey is the "Penn. next exit" sign.
Capt Kirk

Ramsey, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 2, 2009
 
Jersey does get a bad rap because of the Turnpike. However, there are parts of southern NJ that are absolutely beautiful.
Jersey What Exit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 2, 2009
 
Capt Kirk wrote:
Jersey does get a bad rap because of the Turnpike. However, there are parts of southern NJ that are absolutely beautiful.
Out by Morristown is nice too.
Capt Kirk

Ramsey, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 3, 2009
 
yeah and its big $$$$$$$$$$
John

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 6, 2009
 
If you drive around to Morristown, Princeton, Perrineville, etc you will see why it is called the Garden State. Every state has its Camden. Saw Jersey Boys in Hartford last night. Excellant production, wonderful music, raunchy Jersey dialog.
Capt Kirk

Ramsey, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 6, 2009
 
John wrote:
If you drive around to Morristown, Princeton, Perrineville, etc you will see why it is called the Garden State. Every state has its Camden. Saw Jersey Boys in Hartford last night. Excellant production, wonderful music, raunchy Jersey dialog.
Awsome....I am going Valentines Day weekend. Cant wait to see it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kevin Smith Discussions

Search the Kevin Smith Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'The Lion King' is how old? 21 seminal movies y... Jun 17 New China 1
Stephen Colbert, Kevin Smith head up Montclair ... Apr '14 America 3
Art Holmes meets Kevin Smith (Jul '13) Jul '13 Art Holmes 1
Kevin Smith's E-mail (Feb '09) Jun '13 Arson 9
Interview with Kevin Smith (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1
Kevin Smith - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Sharmaine 1
Threw eggs at Kevin Smith (Jun '11) Jun '11 Dude 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••